Code of Conduct

Default Youth Revisited...

Name the top 5 scents of your Youth, what is your first memory of fragrance?
    For me it was:

1) Habit Rouge
    2) Jade East
    3) ysl POUR HOMME
    4) Canoe
    5) English Leather

What do you think?

Default Re: Youth Revisited...

None of the above. My father's French Fern and mother's Chanel No. 5.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Two very memorable scents Primrose, but perhaps I should re-clarify my original question, what scents did you associate with Yourself when you think of early youthful memories? What were the first scents you said to yourself " I have to Buy" because they represent me... I also have many fond memories of Chanel in the early '60's (Chanel No. 5) , one of the most influential smells in my life...

1) Father's prefered scent, Ambré by James Smart
    2) Grandfather's Carnaval de Venice

I remember my mother being utterly scandalized when I took the ten dollars some Auntie had given me for a 12th birthday present and bought myself an English Leather gift set. That was a boy's fragrance!

The next year, I just had to have L'Heure Bleue, and then Shalimar and Mitsouko, all of which I still love today, about a gazillion bottles later.

(Except sadly, Shalimar doesn't work on me so much anymore, see the thread about fragrance and blood sugar)
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

Wow, that's quite an amazing progression cathodera, glad you loved English Leather like so many others, quite a rebel you were
    Thanks for sharing your memories...
    Last edited by Sal Paradise; 3rd July 2010 at 01:26 AM.

My Dad loved Pierre Cardin, British Sterling and Avon's Wild Country!!!
    My first cologne was Halston Z-14.....Lagerfeld Classic and Chanel Pour Monsieur followed.....Safari, Polo Crest and Polo Sport were next!!! Brings back Great memories!!!
    Gary

Ahhh...youth. I remember:

Non-personal:
    -- My mom wearing Emeraude
    -- Someone wearing English Leather
    -- A bottle of Aqua Velva sitting somewhere
    -- women wearing Opium (I think), Red, Bijan (I think), Exclamation (I think)

Personal:
    -- As a gift, I received an Avon fragrance called Buckaroo. Talc included.
    -- Blue Stratos (rarely worn, I just liked the bottle)
    -- a mini bottle of 4711
    -- Coty/Jovan musk
    -- some pine-smelling sample when I was in Europe (loved to know what it was)

This was the dark ages as far as I'm concerned. Poor fragrance choices, poor fragrance education (no Basenotes), poor personal funding.

To me, this question requires a multiple range of answers, namely

The scent which makes me revisit my first frag-related experiences: Salvador Dali PH, the first designer frag I ever owned

The frags which were big during my youth and which transport me back into my teenage years: ADG, Hugo, Eau d'Yssey on guys, BU and Pret-a-Porter, both by Coty, Pure Chipie, Hugo Woman on gals

The frags which made me curious about the fragrance world and were my hidden, almost unattainable frag-related ideals, which fascinated me long before I was actually interested in frags and long before I started to use and own them: the vintage versions (possibly pre-reformulation version, strictly in the case of the frags which were subsequently altered, reformulated etc.) of Eau Sauvage, Chanel pour Monsieur, Antaeus and Egoiste, Guerlain Vetiver and Heritage, Trussardi Uomo, Azzaro pour Homme, Armani Eau pour Homme, Faconnable, Ralph Lauren Polo, Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels, Spazio Krizia, Grey Flannel, Paco Rabanne pour Homme, Knize Ten, Givenchy Gentleman, Boss No.1, Zino and Relax by Davidoff, Joint by Roccobarocco
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 3rd July 2010 at 03:04 PM.

DeepSilence

One Man Show
    Tommy Boy
    City (It's an Australian company. i don't see it in market anymore except of their deodorants)
    CK1
    Dark Blue
    Polo Sport