Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Have you settled into a rotation, are you mostly sampling, or are you a few bottel person?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • I mostly wear samples or decants, and don't have a rotation.

2 5.00%
  • I mostly sample but like to wear certain frags on certain occasions.

6 15.00%
  • I sample at least a couple of days a week, but otherwise have a rotation.

11 27.50%
  • I sample no more than once very couple weeks, and largely stick to my rotation.

11 27.50%
  • I am rotation only, with rare, if any, exceptions.

1 2.50%
  • I have one or a few bottles and that is all I wear, depending upon the occasion (sampling is rare).

1 2.50%
  • I have one or a few bottles, but will sample whenever I get the chance.

2 5.00%
  • Other (explain in the thread).

6 15.00%

Default Have you settled into a rotation or are you mostly sampling? POLL.

I've found that I dislike sampling these days. My large rotation contains more than enough variety, and I find when I sample I hardly ever like the frag, and it sometimes turns me off to a frag that is in my rotation. In some cases, I can ease myself into a frag that I don't like at first, oand this usually happens when I give it several chances because I think I should like the notes. At this point, I think I should mostly stick to my rotation and avoid sampling, unless there is a frag that is very novel (such as the new woody/raspberry molecule in frags like Lacoste's Elegance). Where would you say you are at now?

Note that when it says "rotation" that means you have several bottles that you wear no more than perhaps 10 times a month.

Default Re: Have you settled into a rotation or are you mostly sampling? POLL.

I also have a large collection that is comprised of full size bottles, minis, and samples. I think that
    my collection is large enough that I can say that I hardly utilize any kind of rotation. I have certain colognes that I like in summer, and try to stick with those.

Okay, let me just say that by rotation, I don't mean that you have to wear frag X on the first Monday of each month, just that you tend to have perhaps a few dozen or more frags that you try to wear at least once every month or two.

Rotate mostly. Sample at times until they run out or I abandon them.

Basenotes Plus

Option 3 sums me up fairly accurately - I sample at least a couple of days a week, but otherwise have a rotation.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 3rd July 2010 at 08:10 AM.

Although I do have a very large list of fragrances I'd like to try, it's not a priority to me. I'm pretty content with what I own, but I do feel as if I'm missing some things. Like a good vanilla, or a nice niche fragrance. I frequently check back with sites like Amazon and Scent Monkey to see what they have gotten in, and I also usually check out Ross, TJ Maxx or Marshall's every once a week or so; to see if there's anything new. I have no problem spending 10-20 bucks on a new fragrance that may be something different. Problem is I don't really find much that's different now a days. When you own over 50 fragrances, a lot of the inexpensive ones you find at discounters are gonna smell similar to something you already own. I guess you can say that I love fragrances, and that I'm always looking for new ones but in a very casual fashion. There are about 50 fragrances on my test list that I'd like to just knock off and try already, while many of them are discontinued or hard to find, that may just sit there forever. I'm quite pleased with what I own though, and find myself wearing something different every day.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Other - I have so many fragrances, that a steady rotation
    will be completely pointless, frags would be too far apart.
    I use whatever I feel like that day ... oh, and I sample too!

Sur la Plage

Other - I have no rotation.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I guess that in my case, it's a quite even mix between rotation and sampling

I chose "I sample at least a couple days a week but otherwise have a rotation" although that isn't always true. I tend to go through more sample heavy "phases" where I'll sample 3-5 times a week or so, and then after a few weeks of that (or until I run out of new samples to try) I revert back to wearing that which is in my wardrobe. Even with regards to my wardrobe, I only wear a small subset of it regularly, with my most worn being worn probably 50 times more often than my least worn.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I select each day from a rotation of about 12 - 15 fragrances which I change the assorment of about every two weeks or so from my collection. I normally sample fragrances for a few hours wear in morning or at night, and then wash them off.