Code of Conduct

Default S o t D, Saturday, 3 July 2010

Have a wonderful Saturday

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune for me...a gift from my sweet sister
    I am smelling like a Candied Pomelo today !

Last edited by sophi; 3rd July 2010 at 08:19 AM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: S o t D, Saturday, 3 July 2010

Now we are talking Chanel: Bel Respiro for our Green S'n'S. To me, it was the least expected aroma out of the original 6 Les Exclusiffs -- with small synthetic flowers and the breeze of coumarin and galbanum. I would not call it particularly fresh but it evolves from dry to wet and back again and from interesting to soapy. It also has a promise of aromatic resins in the base -- not in your face, but very restrained and in good taste. Very good, particularly on a hot summer day like today seems to become.

Up early -- insomniacs of all countries, unite!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Sisley Eau de Campagne - for Sniff-n-Speak Saturday (Green).

Notes include bergamot, lemon, galbanum, tomato leaves, jasmine, lily of the valley, pelargonium, musk, patchouli, vetiver, oakmoss, plum and basil.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Yuzu ab Irato PG
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Good morning everyone For S'n'S I'm in L'ombre dans l'eau. This scent always has an uplifting effect on my mood....and I need that today. Hope you all have a nice day!

Ambergris by Houbigant. It's lovely, really salty.

Thumbs up Re: S o t D, Saturday, 3 July 2010

Pierre Montale's

BLUE AMBER

Notes: Italian bergamot, bourbon geranium, coriander, patchouli, vetiver, amber, vanilla
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sisley Eau de Campagne for S 'n' S Saturday.

Prada Infusions d'Iris for me today - newly purchased but I've been lusting over it for ages
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Shiseido Tactics.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Happy birthday furriner

wish you all the best !!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Comme des Garcons
    2 Man

Basenotes Plus

Geranium Pour Monsieur.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Eau de Guerlain this AM. Trying to beat the heat!

Last edited by kbe; 3rd July 2010 at 02:04 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Thank you, Sophi!

Am NOT a changeable, fickle Gemini/Snake for nothing. Nosireee.

For today's S'n'S decided against gentle Lily and am instead opting for....

...which gets all kinds mixed reactions here.

On this Doyenne d'un Age Certaine it starts off quite cedar-y but gets down and dirty in a fairly short while. I just LUV it.

So - in order to stay true to the spirit of the day - I'll prolly change up later. Much later. This stuff has tenacity!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

cbihateperfume, Memory of Kindness, all tomato vines, leaves & earth.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday today, Furriner!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Birthday Furriner!

I hope you have a lovely birthday with lovely surprises! (sorry for the GINORMOUS cake! We'll help you with that!)

I'm wearing Pucci Vivara this morning for our green SnS. I love it.

Amaretto, galbanum, bergamot, orange blossom, jasmine, narcissus, patchouli, iris and vetiver.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 3rd July 2010 at 02:32 PM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

See the green Sniff 'n' Speak thread for babblings about Creed's lovely Aubepine Acacia, which DH and I are wearing stingyingly today.

My 61-year-old honey has recently taken up running, and this morning he went out for a 6.2-mile jog. Whadda guy.

Renter called: The crushed mothballs are not driving out the momma skunk and her kids from under the deck and garage, so now we have to call in the professionals. When you're landlords, there's always something. Like stink bugs in the garden, this week seems to be about real-world smells.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Hello everyone!

Summer's here at last! Without even thinking about it I grabbed Givenchy's luscious Ysatis, my most joyful, perfectly glorious sunny summer holiday scent, which as it happens is not very green so completely blows my participation in SnS...hmph! But I'm fabulously fragranced none-the-less and I just couldn't be happier in this gorgeous creation from Dominique Ropion.

I realize I'm repeating myself (again) but as opulent and heady as this is, it actually reminds me of deep blue skies, palm trees and swimming pools (and of my very stylish and vivacious grandmother, who wore it so beautifully....and now also of the most excellent Le Grand Duc, naturally.) No wonder I adore it!

Happy Birthday To You, Furriner!

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Good Morning All. In keeping with the green theme, I'll start out the day with L'OCCITANE 'The Vert (Green Tea). Have a good weekend everybody!!

Well I am wearing the new Tuca Tuca from the Gorilla Perfumes by LUSH again.

Lovely violet fragrance.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Furriner!

Joining Sophi and Kbe in Guerlain -- Chamade for the SnS.

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Furriner !

This morning I am wearing Temple of Musk by Strange Invisible Perfumes again- a glorious musk. Love it .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thank you very much for the birthday greetings, RHM, lilybelle, Evangeline, tdem1961, and Mimi Gardenia!! It is very sweet of you to do this!! Plus, two cakes! Lilybelle: I LOVE ginormous cakes!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!
    Last edited by Furriner; 3rd July 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Testing Michael Storer's Yvette right now. It's a very sweet candied floral - I hope if develops a little more later.

Notes: Tropical Flowers, Rose Otto, Heliotrope, Muguet, Tonka, Sandalwood, Spice, Tarragon.

ETA - Oh, and happy birthday Furriner!
    Last edited by Linds; 3rd July 2010 at 04:57 PM.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Bond High Line for today's SnS Green day. There are not many green scents in my perfume cabinet. Highline has really won me over in a BIG way ... I'm adding this to my lust list.

We've been invited to a pool party and dinner this afternoon, but it's raining! I guess we will just go for the dinner then, DH has been smoking meats for hours and I baked a coconut cake.

Happy birthday, Furriner!
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 3rd July 2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: because a pol party and a pool party are two different things!

Blog Entries

Happy Birthdaty Furriner!

I'm in Diabolo Rose today, marvelous rose + citrus + peppermint. I like this one so much more than the somewhat-similar Geranium Pour Monsieur (which I find rather unisex anyway). The mint lasts longer, for one thing.

And now I'm off to buy a pill shooter. Yes, folks, the challenge of pilling my cat goes on!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 3rd July 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: error

Eau d'Ivoire by Pierre Balmain (Green-Floral)

I'm in Virgin Island Water - it has lime in it, limes are green, so therefore, I am in green!!! OK, I'll admit I forgot Nevermind the stretch there.

Hi all! My SotD is L'Orsay Tilleul. More here on the SnS thread: http://tinyurl.com/dorsaytilleul

Happy Birthday, Furriner! Here's a big bouquet of French lavender for your table:

Blog Entries

Smile Re: S o t D, Saturday, 3 July 2010

Fendi Theorema Esprit d'Ete..............................day

Shalimar EDP .................................................. .after 5

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotE - Lacroix' Rouge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FURRINER!!! ENJOY YOUR DAY!

No scent for me today.....yet. Its 3 o'clock and I'm still in bed dealing with a very upset tummy. I'm determined to kick this though and salvage at least a portion of the day. If I'm able to do that, I'll be wearing CdG Kyoto.

Thank you, Linds, shadesofblue, 30 Roses, and Haunani for the birthday wishes! Haunani: I love lavender! Thank you so much!

My SotE is L'Artisan Piment Brûlant.

Everyone have a wonderful evening!!

Happy Birthday Furriner!

Hugs and wishes for a better 'tum to oolala30...

I started out today in Vivara (1967 vintage concentré)... and moved on to PdN Le temps d'un Fête to keep with the green theme. Fitting, as it has been raining cats and dogs (oh, the horror of the barks and meows) ((sorry)) with moisture from the hurricane coming WAY inland (West Texas - Lubbock to be exact - to here in central Oklahoma are getting soaked with rain from it) and everything is greener than it was (which is saying something!) before... the garden furrows are full of water and I would need Wellies to go weed right now. Since I will be canning pickles later I am going to be cucumber and dill green, won't need any cucumber-scented 'fumes for that one.

My non-green tryout today was L'Heure Bleue, with which I was disappointed, the topnotes and middle on me are like Mitsuoko turned powdery-candy... (sobs)... that makes two Guerlain disappointments this week, what with Chamade going faint and nondescript (which was a shock to me. Maybe on the second try it'll be better.). Oh well, less to worry about buying!

Cheers, darlings!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

SOTD: YSL Y

You know, dear BNers, when I wear this one, I think to myself "now WHY don't I wear this beauty more often?"
    I could just swim in it...so pretty!

Add my happy birthday wishes to Furriner!

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    ...Haunani: I love lavender! Thank you so much!...
    I remembered that we share a taste for Gris Clair, and I saw the lovely Pour un Homme in your wardrobe! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    SOTD: YSL Y

You know, dear BNers, when I wear this one, I think to myself "now WHY don't I wear this beauty more often?"
    I could just swim in it...so pretty!...
    Same here, RainDrop! I forget about my little Y mini; don't know why, because it's great!

Blog Entries

Scent twins today with RainDrop in YSL Y for the green SnS. It is very, very pretty! I just posted this review to the Directory:

(Sampling vintage edt) I find this to be a very lovely green chypre with a fruity sweet streak throughout that makes it approachable and easy to wear. It doesn't get too stuffy with the mossy notes. An old-time chypre that's quite casual and versatile, which is a rare thing, imo. Also, one of those curious fragrances that has good sillage, but seems to disappear when nose goes to skin.

Btw, does anyone know what happened to lovethescents? She was due around the same time as me and I haven't seen her around in a while. Hope all is well with her.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

SotE Guerlain With Love. The bottle is at least half empty, which negates some of the top notes, and that's actually how I like it—straight to the good stuff.
    An almost-belated birthday greeting to Furriner. Since it's late in the day, I'll pour you some champagne.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy Birthday Furriner!

I'm working a hot 16 hrs today. So I had to go with my favorite long lasting frag.....Alien! Man I love the way this frag loves me. I smells gooooooood
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    ...Btw, does anyone know what happened to lovethescents? She was due around the same time as me and I haven't seen her around in a while. Hope all is well with her.
    Heartwood, just a day or two ago I saw a post from her on a different perfume forum, and she mentioned her pregnant condition. Presumably, all is well, but I miss seeing her here, too!

Basenotes Institution

Heartwood- How are you doing ? I hope all is well with you ,mommy to be.

This evening , I am enjoying a nice bit of JAR Golconda !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday Furriner!!!
    Truefitt and Hill 1805 Cologne!!!
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Givenchy Gentleman tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Well, the pill shooter from our pet store was worse than useless. I now sport another claw mark in my right hand. Three days down, 7 more to go!
    *sigh*
    I hope soon he will realize that "resistance is futile."

While out at the pet store i stopped in at Goodwill and found a new in package mini of Cover Girl Incognito. Haven't smelled that in ages! When it first came out I remember thinking it was not a bad scent at all, so I had to try it again. I think this is too strong for me and will end up being sent to someone one of these days.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th July 2010 at 06:43 AM.

Blog Entries

I'll be going for greens all weekend.
    SOTD -- Annick Goutal Ninfeo Mio, adorable.
    SOTE -- Guerlain Sous Le Vent. Humm... need some time to make my mind about that one.

Happy Birthday, Furrier!
    Get well, Oolala30!

Super Happy Belated Birthday Furriner, hope it was great!!!!

Hope you are feeling better Oolala.

Today (well yesterday) I wore Noa by Cacharel. Though not a typical "green" scent it tends to be very green-floral-musky on me. Bypassing the whole fruity thing it supposedly has makes it such a great warm weather beauty.

Tonight I am wearing De Lys by Charles LaMaine, which is a very obscure scent from the early 80's.

Big hugs to all and enjoy your weekend
    Last edited by Brielle87; 4th July 2010 at 05:28 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Givenchy Organza ...i will post it on new Sot D 4 of July,too
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber