Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What was the first fragrance you wore?

my first fragrance was drakar noir and second was nino cerruti afterwards my signature fragrance was fahranhight

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was my first too.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Prefered Stock from my old man, I was 14

I started with Old Spice, English Leather, and Brut. My first department store fragrance was Polo green.

When I think of it, my first introduction to fragrance was when I was pretty young, probably around 6-7 years old my cousin had a bottle of Le Male, I thought it was the most amazing thing I had ever smelled in my life. It was around this time that I found a bottle of Gillette Series Aftershave Gel. I remember I used to just take a small bit and rub it on my hand and sniff it. It was around age 11 that I bought a toiletries bag which had a bottle of Pierre Cardin PM included in it. Now looking back I shake my head, a 11 year old wearing PC PM? I couldn't pull that off today!! After that, I got a "classic match" copy of Clinique Happy which I wore around for a while alternating it with a bottle of Malazio Umo Vetiver. Those were my first indulgences into perfumes and colognes.

British Sterling.

I was 15 in 1982. I believe my first was Avon Black Suede. Followed by Polo or Aramis. I distinctly remember compliments in High School about Aramis and Drakkar, which I picked up as a Junior or Senior. I liked Polo the best and pretty well always had a bottle all the way into my 30's.

In college I made my mark with Kouros, which wowed all my friends. I also wore Oscar Pour Lui, but it never really clicked for me like Kouros. I gave away my Drakkar to a guy that loved it. He kept saying "this stuff is sweet!" He's a doctor now. I also liked KL by Lagerfeld during those years. Man, the memories come flooding back. I have loved cologne for so long that it's really a part of my life.

One of my college buddies wore Quorum to great effect, better than I ever did. A guy who was cooler than cool wore Anteaus by Chanel, and totally rocked it. The girls loved that dude. But girls also loved my Kouros, which I rocked pretty well myself. My friends were always stealing sprays of my modest collection (3 or 4 bottles).

A friend of mine in college wore Calvin and it smelled great on him. One girl I dated worked at a department store and she said Paul Sebastian was her fave, but again, it never really clicked for me.

My son is entering high school this year, and I gave him a bottle of Express Honor to get him started. It's age appropriate and won't knock anyone over. But I also gave him permission to use my whole collection. When he starts getting compliments, I bet my bottles will get used up quicker!

Halston I-12.

I've always liked it more than its evil twin, Z-14. (That would make a great car model name, however.)
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

My grandfather's English Leather and my father's Perry Ellis for Men. Then moved on to Polo (Green), Drakkar Noir, CK Contradiction (ick), CK Obsession, and RL Safari.

For me it was Boss Elements in 1998. Must admit I've still got a soft spot for it and will do my best to always have a 50ml bottle in my posession.

Fahrenheit and Old Spice

Blog Entries

I remember my dad splashing me with Old Spice when I was a little boy. But when I first gained interest in fragrances, it was the ubiquitous cK one.

It was somewhat just last year when i was 23: ted lapidus altamir.....

before it was just talc or deos.

I once received Avon "Buckaroo" cologne and talc as a gift during childhood. It was worn, but not often, I think.

I remember making a more conscious effort to wear 4711 and Musk (I think) by Jovan. 4711 (minibottle) happened to be the fragrance "leftover", sitting for who knows how long in a cabinet when a parent, upon my requesting any fragrance I think, decided to let me "inherit" it. The Musk was a choice, I believe, purchased personally or on a wish list.

Reflecting back, I think Jovan/Musk (and others) did a disservice to the industry by creating something of such poor performance, that I scoffed at the entire selection of fragrances that ever crossed my eyes for nearly ten years.

First fragrance was California by Dana. My mother had got it for my father in a futile attempt to get him to wear a cologne.

My first dept store purchase was Drakkar Noir. My best friend at the time refused to let me wear it around her and got me wearing Hugo Boss Elements which I still enjoy.
    She gets a special cologne. It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther so you know it's good.

Cool Re: What was the first fragrance you wore?

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    first ever?

first that I actually wore on consecutive days:
    Actif Blue by Brut
    Ditto on 4711, and from my review of same:

"Ah, the memories this synthetic, fever reducing, alcohol-blasting coolant bings back!

Being 9 years old in Cuba and splashing some 4711 in the inside folds of the handkerchief which I carried in the breast pocket of my jacket, on the way to Mass.

I wanted to use Bay Rum, like my dad. But granny thought it was too macho and precocious for a child. So I got stuck with 4711.

Despite all this, there just might be a God . . ."

My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I think I was 12 years old or younger and I secreted a few sprays of my dad's Drakar Noir. He found out soon enough and gave me stern warning to keep away from his frags. A few years later my parents gave me a bottle of Eternity for Christmas.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Messed around with daddy's frags and bought the usual Canoe, English Leather, Brut etc., but the first fragrance I really "wore" was Evyan's The Baron. It became my signature. After that it was Aramis, which I still wear and love.