Code of Conduct

Default What's the deal with Gendarme?

I recently tested out my sample of Gendarme Green and thought it smelled a bit like
    Prell Shampoo. Today, I tested out my sample of the original Gendarme. Guess what? I
    get the same Prell shampoo sensation. Sure glad I went with samples here. Unless there
    was a mix up in the samples, these two are too similar to my nose to warrant having both. Anyone else compare Green with the original and think they smell basically the same?

Default Re: What's the deal with Gendarme?

Green has more of a basil/cucumber note, compared to the original's fresh citrus notes. In my opinion they smell totally different but retain that clean aura that Gendarme is well known for. If you get a chance check out Gendarme EDP, it's a stronger version of the original and lasts for ages...

Blog Entries

I've tried the original and Green also, and think they are similar but far from being the same. Gendarme was totally Full Bottle Worthy for me, Green wasn't.

They're definitely different smelling, although all of Gendarmes (except Grabazzi) use the same EDC base.

I finally got a chance to test my 6 samples of Gendarme today. These samples are actually relatively cheap, so I wonder how many other basenoters gave these samples a fair shake? Anyway, I would argue that Gendarme, Gendarme Green, Gendarme 20 and Gendarme V all have that same similar smell. Gendarme Sky had a definite floral quality to it (magnolia). Grabazzi was given a musky quality (I've heard Old Spice, Lava Soap, I add Dial Gold Bar Soap, even though I don't have a bar on hand). I believe with the exeption of original Gendarme, which was reviewed by Bizzy on Youtube, I am the only one that has done Youtube videos on the other 5 frags. If you like the soapy scents, log onto gendarme.com and order up a set of samples.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I finally got a chance to test my 6 samples of Gendarme today. These samples are actually relatively cheap, so I wonder how many other basenoters gave these samples a fair shake? Anyway, I would argue that Gendarme, Gendarme Green, Gendarme 20 and Gendarme V all have that same similar smell. Gendarme Sky had a definite floral quality to it (magnolia). Grabazzi was given a musky quality (I've heard Old Spice, Lava Soap, I add Dial Gold Bar Soap, even though I don't have a bar on hand). I believe with the exeption of original Gendarme, which was reviewed by Bizzy on Youtube, I am the only one that has done Youtube videos on the other 5 frags. If you like the soapy scents, log onto gendarme.com and order up a set of samples.
    Would like to watch them. URL?

www.youtube.com/user/bpwool

I did a short video (about 1 minute long) on Gendarme, Gendame 20, Gendarme V, Grabazzi,
    Sky, and Green. I hope they help you chose the right Gendarme for you. I would highly recomend just getting samples of all 6 and having a lot of fun trying them out for yourself.

The civet is Gendarme V gives it a slightly more natural, oozing from the pores feel. They can be a little too detergent-like, but V is decent fragrance every once in awhile. I love the overall scent. It's a focused, somewhat edgy, taking care of business kind of smell.