Code of Conduct

Default what would you suggest as my first guerlain if i live in the tropics?

i usually wear whatever the hell i want but iv been trying to wear what is appropriate more and more. i also would like something that makes a good impression.

Default Re: what would you suggest as my first guerlain if i live in the tropics?

Personally I'm a fan of Guerlain homme.

Default Re: what would you suggest as my first guerlain if i live in the tropics?

Eau de Guerlain
    Vetiver
    Sous le Vent
    Eau du Coq

Vetiver

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I'm a big fan of Guerlain Vetiver

Vetiver or Homme

hmm.. vetiver pour elle any good? iv tried vetiver and guerlain homme. i do like em. guerlain homme more so. maybe the edp.

Eau de Guerlain

Homme L'Eau, Vetiver, any of the Eaux in the Bee bottles, Pamplelune, Mandarine Basilic

Habit Rouge EDC
    Eau de Cologne Imperiale
    Guerlain Homme Intense
    Mitsouko

pamplelune was not nice to me ahaha!

Mayotte if you have no issue with "marketing" that deems a perfume feminine.

for swap/sale:

Guerlain Vetiver is superb in the tropics!

+1 on the Sous le Vent

Another for Eau de Guerlain.

Guerlain L'Eau, Guerlain Homme (sweeter & more aromatic of the two)

Guerlain Vetiver.

Perfect for the tropics

As others have pointed out, Vetiver was originally designed for the Mexican market, so it seems very appropriate. I like a lot Vetiver pour elle as well. Vetiver pour elle is lighter and fresher in feel, without the rooty aspect of vetiver, but with white flowers dominating. I have not tested it extensively, so i don't know about longevity for the pour elle.

If you want to go instead towards the classics, and if budget is not a concern, I suggest you get the parfum concentration (which goes for $320 for 30ml here in the states). While EDTs and EDPs are quite long lasting, the parfum is simply much more durable, which is a definite plus in warmer climates. I recommend trying Chamade, a green floral top with a smooth, saffrony-sandalwoody drydown.

cacio

L'instant PH is just dandy in the heat and humidity.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Eau de Guerlain
    Vetiver
    Sous le Vent
    Eau du Coq
    I agree with all of these and will add one: Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Guerlain Vetiver

Eau de Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Eau de Guerlain
    Vetiver
    Sous le Vent
    Eau du Coq
    Another ++ on these, I was wearing Sous le Vent yesterday.

If you have access to Les Parisiennes then Vetiver Pour Elle is well worth trying and if they still have any, Philtre d'Amour. This is a bright citrus with some body to it, not unlike Eau de Guerlain, but recently discontinued. Some Guerlain counters may still have a bottle or two.

Can't go wrong with Guerlain Homme L'Eau.

hmm... well i do like the bee bottle very much and eau de guerlain.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I agree with all of these and will add one: Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    +1 for Herba Fresca, if you like mint. It's superbly minty.

Basenotes Plus

Eau de Guerlain.

Guerlain Homme.
    Guerlain Homme Intense.
    Vetiver.
    Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca.

Quote Originally Posted by overseas View Post
    hmm.. vetiver pour elle any good? iv tried vetiver and guerlain homme. i do like em. guerlain homme more so. maybe the edp.
    Vetiver pour Elle is one of the best vetivers made. I find it unisex.

Pluran's list is excellent.

I would add Cologne du Parfumier or Cologne 68
    Evenstar

Try to get your hands on some vintage Imperiale Extra Dry

the vintage stuff may be difficult for me to come by. i'm buying from the guerlain counter which actually has spotty distribution. here i've never seen eau de guerlain but hopefully i'll be able to spot one at airports. i have seen the aqua allegorias, habit rouge, hr legere, vetiver, l'instant ph, guerlain homme.