Code of Conduct

Default Who are these people? Karen Low, John MacSteed, John Sterling, etc. ?

I've come across a few frag lines with a name attached, yet have no idea who these people are. Does anyone know these three, as well as other lines by phantom names? I don't think the Sterling one has anything to do with the announcer for the Yankees. LOL. John Williams is another one.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 7th February 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Default Re: Who are these people? Karen Low, John MacSteed, John Sterling, etc. ?

I've had a bottle of "John Sterling" for years and have no idea who he is.

Default Re: Who are these people? Karen Low, John MacSteed, John Sterling, etc. ?

if these are the cheap french fragrances - that come in the unique bottle and tin cans etc. you are referring to - well these are phantom names made up - there is no designer or perfumer by these names such as:

Thallium By Jacques Evard
    Insurrection by Reyane Tradition
    Ignition by lomani
    Darkness by John Williams
    Last edited by scentimus; 7th February 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've come across a few frag lines with a name attached, yet have no idea who these people are. Does anyone know these three, as well as other lines by phantom names? I don't think the Sterling one has anything to do with the announcer for the Yankees. LOL. John Williams is another one.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind about John Sterling. Oh jeez, could you imagine if he had his own scent?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

I am bumping this thread because I need to know if Karen Low is worth me putting down some USD.

Thank you Thank you!
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Depends on how much you are being asked to put out. Many Karen Low scents can be gotten for as low as $8

Karen Low isn't that all knock off stuff.

I gave up considering these, because the odds are that the ingredients are low quality and the creativity likely leaves much to be desired as well. However, before I did, I found Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne, which features the key accord used in the A*Men line (sweet vanilla with patchouli). In ESFC, there is strong spice and lime up front, with a hint of wood, and over time the gourmand element becomes dominant was the spice and lime weaken. Perhaps these ingredients don't cost much, and so it was easy to do a good quality frag without the "big name" behind it, but ESFC also possesses some creativity. Last time I looked it was selling for "cheapo" prices on ebay.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 18th July 2011 at 06:37 AM.