Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Salvador Dali Pour Homme vs Christian Dior Jules(vintage),which one more stronger and more dominant

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christian Dior Jules(vintage)

17 54.84%
  • Salvador Dali Pour Homme

14 45.16%

Talking Salvador Dali Pour Homme vs Christian Dior Jules(vintage)

Which is the dominant powerhouse fragrance Salvador Dali Pour Homme or Christian Dior Jules(vintage)

Default Re: Salvador Dali Pour Homme vs Christian Dior Jules(vintage)

Vintage Jules over Salvador... Salvador over current Jules. The reformulation reduced the leather and animalic notes in favor of the aromatics and flower accords. It is a lot tamer and subdued.

IMHO, it is along the classic ones that were boldes and have been adapted to a mature market.
    Last edited by Pollux; 5th July 2010 at 04:12 PM.

thanks
    Last edited by Hovo; 19th February 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I have not tried vintage Jules, but at least I think Salvador Dali is more strong and powerful than non-vintage Jules.
    I love cologne.

Jules (vintage or new) is not one fragrance you can group along with the super macho, heavy weight ones like Antaeus, S. Dali, Van Cleef, Red (GBH), Giorgio beverly Hills PH, etc...

It doesn't belong in that category at all. It's ambery herbal with a hint of flowers that's very subdued, and mind you, it's not THAT anilmalic as it's being referred to. Jules is in a totally different league. Its sweetness and its lack of the patchouly/moss accord should make it closer to current creations than to those heavey weight macho frags.

They both last and project around the same rate.
    Last edited by Killer_Vavoom; 6th July 2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo

I wore vintage Jules back in the 80's. I remember it as a powerful but not overbearing scent, "ambery herbal with a hint of flowers" is a good description. It wasn't very sweet. I haven't worn it or tried it for many years so my memory is all I can offer. I haven't tried the Dali scent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Definitely Jules

Sur la Plage

Definitely Salvador Dali pour Homme. I don't consider Jules (vintage or current) a "powerhouse".
    Last edited by petruccijc; 7th July 2010 at 12:21 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have yet to try Jules either vintage or reformulated but..I own and wear Salvadore Dali Pour Homme. At under $20.00 if you search it is an incredible bargain.
    Last edited by kbe; 6th July 2010 at 01:14 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

thanks
    Last edited by Hovo; 19th February 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hovo View Post
    what Shamu1 thinks about this
    We need a "Bat Signal" for Shamu1......or rather a Shamu1 signal.

I think anyone who wears Salvador Dali pour Homme has way more guts than me. Not to mention a better sense of smell. Both attributes I really admire. A fascinating fragrance.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I prefer Salvador Dali pour Homme. Its much darker, bordering on unwearable, which is why i love to wear it. However, Jules is a more versatile frag and will be more useful in a limited wardrobe.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Salvador Dali is more challenging, maybe even weird. I prefer Jules, but it is a bit less confrontational if that's what you're after.

I haven't worn either of these since the late 80's though.

I agree with my neighbor Killer_Vavoom. I don't consider Jules a powerhouse scent but more of a refined, somewhat reserved, gentlemanly fragrance. In general I believe too many fragrances are lumped into the powerhouse category simply because they are older and have character, not because they are really powerhouses.

Based on your criteria of "stronger and more dominant" I would have to go with Salvador Dali. But again agreeing with Killer, I also find their sillage and longevity to be about the same. Salvador Dali just smells more assertive and harder edged to me, lacking the delicacy of Jules.

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 7th July 2010 at 10:53 AM.

Hello,Hovo,unfortunately I have never had the chance to try Jules,therefore I am not able to make the comparison.

Jules: I only know the vintage version, and my bottle is nearly empty. It is super macho in the sense of manly self awareness. I detect no flowers , but it is not a leather fragrance either. It does not want to dominate, so wearing is really easy if one likes that kind of noble understatement.

It's been too long to judge Dali Homme now. I did not really develop a liking for it. When I noticed on others just passing by over-application may have been the cause.
    'Il mondo dei profumi Ŕ un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

error
    Last edited by shamu1; 8th July 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post

I think anyone who wears Salvador Dali pour Homme has way more guts than me. Not to mention a better sense of smell. Both attributes I really admire. A fascinating fragrance.
    Here I am. Interesting thread, but I didn't post in it because I've never smelled Jules, though I'm dying to. I've heard it's dirty and nice and strong.

However, I cannot imagine it being as strong as Salvador Dali PH. SDPH is the strongest fragrance I have ever smelled, and in my opinion totally disgusting. I wanted to like it too, but I find it completely unwearable. And that's coming from a guy who wears a lot of POWER scents. As I've said before, I'm not man enough to wear it.

However, I do respect SDPH for being so insanely bold, and dare I say, iconoclastic. I have to respect any guy who can pull off wearing this monster with panache.
    Last edited by shamu1; 8th July 2010 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    In general I believe too many fragrances are lumped into the powerhouse category simply because they are older and have character...
    Spoken like a true powerhouse fan!

PawelL

IMO, Jules seems far more sophisticated than the (interestingly vulgar) Dali. I personally prefer the Dior creation.

PS Most undoubtedly, Dali will dominate over anything.
    Last edited by PawelL; 8th July 2010 at 03:54 PM.

Thanks everyone,
    Last edited by Hovo; 19th February 2013 at 10:14 PM.

In the 80ies and beginning of the 90ies , the original Jules was much , much stronger than Dali PH ..Now , with the reformulation Dali is stronger . Jules is like weakened but still very sexy

I have to go with Dali.....Jules just never worked with my skin.....Gary

Blog Entries

I voted for Salvador Dali. Call me strange, but I love that stuff. Salvador Dali Pour Homme is surrealism painted in the colors of scent. Jules is quite nice, but IMO just that. I would like to see more artists become involved in scent; certainly more so than all of these celebrities.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 8th August 2010 at 03:16 AM.

I cant really judge SDPH as its too troublesome a frag to be judged against others.
    Insanely strong and projecting as I find it I'm sure I perceive it more sensitively and hence more intense because of its unique character, which I find hard to get by with.
    Jules I have once encountered in vintage version and it was just a strong, straightforward masculin smell, distinctive for maybe the 80s but not particularly overbearing in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post

i wear 8 squirts of it. i know,i know... im "cologne guy" in my circle, thats for sure!

My vote went for Salvador Dali