Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Too bad basenotes does not express reviews in percentile figures, which masculine scent seems to

garner the most positive reviews?

I like to browse basenotes and make note of the positive reviews, which scent seems to garner near the 100 percentile with a good number of.....................say maybe over 40 reviews?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Too bad basenotes does not express reviews in percentile figures, which masculine scent seems to

Escada Homme boasts some of the best current ratings.
    At the time of writing from 49 reviews, 42 are positive and 7 are neutral. No negatives so far.
    Deservedly so too IMHO.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 5th July 2010 at 08:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Too bad basenotes does not express reviews in percentile figures, which masculine scent seems to

Thanks! I got that one, after I read the reviews on Bnotes. The great amount of + reviews seem like the best % I have come across.
    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Escada Homme boasts some of the best current ratings.
    At the time of writing from 49 reviews, 42 are positive and 7 are neutral. No negatives so far.
    Deservedly so too IMHO.

I find that the most interesting frags tend to be those with a high number of positive and negative reviews, with relatively few neutrals. Strictly high positively rated scents tend to be crowd pleasers, but often are not as edgy or distinctive enough to become one of my favorites. Of course, ymmv.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

Chanel pour Monsieur is another well loved masculine iirc.

But I actually prefer to look for the more obscure ones, esp those with fewer reviews... usually they are not mass marketed and therefore less frequently encountered. Looking a hidden gem is fun!
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 5th July 2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Currently wearing: Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren

Add John Varvatos, Zirh Corduroy, Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge, Joop Jump, Burberry London, Tommy Bahama, Philosykos.

I own all of those except Philosykos which I have tried and is great, Joop Jump I have yet to try, but it got great marks. I can say they are all excellent and different. There are others that got pretty good marks that I can testify to being great, but if you're just going with the general majority, then there you have it.

With the percentages though, you can pretty much do the math for the most part. Burberry London may be a little more difficult. But figuring over 80 praise it, over 30 enjoyed it, and only 7 disliked it. That's good enough to get my vote. I give this one a thumbs up for sure, I think it's one of the best mass marketers ever created, and possibly the best of the last 5 years.