Code of Conduct

Default Diptyque - Vetyverio

Has anyone had a chance to try Diptyque's newest fragrance, Vetyverio?

Quote Originally Posted by Diptyque
    Ambivalence, elegance and sensuality, both masculine and feminine. The highly masculine vetiver plays an intimate adagio with the most feminine of all flowers: the rose.

I recently got a 2ml sample in the mail from them and I love this stuff. I love vetiver scents, but I always find myself wanting a little less vetiver and a little more other notes that aren't sharp and green. The rose and vetiver play off of each other really well and make for a really great scent. All of the harsher aspects of the vetiver are downplayed by the rose, but the vetiver is still strong enough to make this more of a masculine/somewhat unisex scent and not overly floral and feminine. Very fresh and lively, not synthetic at all.

Default Re: Diptyque - Vetyverio

Got my bottle about 2 weeks ago and am very pleased with it. A great blind buy.

I am among the vetiver freaks on this board. Its one of my favorite notes.

May i ask how you got your sample? I tried using the email address on their site, but for some reason it wouldn't send.
    Thanks.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    I am among the vetiver freaks on this board. Its one of my favorite notes.
    May i ask how you got your sample? I tried using the email address on their site, but for some reason it wouldn't send.
    Thanks.
    They were passing out 2ml samples at the SF boutique, so you might trying contacting them directly. You may be disappointed, though, since vetiver doesn't play a big part in the fragrance. It starts out as a green citrus, and you don't smell the vetiver until much later.

Is it a good representative of the kind? or otherwise is it a worthy blend?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sailim View Post
    Is it a good representative of the kind? or otherwise is it a worthy blend?
    Well, not quite, I'm afraid.
    The vetiver note is very soft and airy, but in a kind of bland way, and frankly there's not enough vetiver to call it "vetyverio" to begin with... Try to imagine a mix of Infusion de Vetiver and Armani Code pour Homme (it really dries down like Code!).
    Plus, there's a funny green note in the middle, which is supposed to be carrot seed, but it rather smell like green generic vegetable. Almost celery.
    All this said, it's not a bad scent, just a bit generic. Not a patch on more notorius vetyvers (Guerlain, Givenchy), and not as interesting as some niche releases (Sel de Vetiver comes to mind).
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's lovely. The soft vetiver and rose combination is a winner for me. Very underrated fragrance!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quite disappointing.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

On my skin, the apricot note popped and stayed strong for quite a while. Eventually it retreated and a mild, grassy vetiver emerged. I don't mind the apricot, but it seemed quite fruity. The vetiver was Ok but I own better ones and wouldn't seek this out.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas