Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros - Blind buy?

I own the original Kouros and love it. Is this a safe blind buy? I know it's a sweet perfume, but it sounds intriguing to me. JPG Le Male is almost too sweet for me.

Default Re: Body Kouros - Blind buy?

First of all- put original Kouros out of your mind when you consider this one. Other than name and perhaps some philosophical design similarity, Body Kouros bears no resemblance to Kouros whatsoever.

That being said, it is a fine fragrance. If I were 30 or under, it would be my main dating/going out frag. Not as commonly worn as Le Male and A*Men. It's sweet, but does a great job of staying just on the safe side of "too" sweet. Nicely designed scent.

I don't know if it's a "safe" blind buy, but that may be your only choice. No retailers in US seem to carry it. Sampling will be difficult.

It's probably a bit too young of a scent for me to wear much, but I like it a lot.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th July 2010 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks for the input! We'll give the small bottle a try.

I think you'll like it, dogs.

At $19.00 you can't go wrong. It is a sexy, sexy, sexy f&^k-ing scent. I'd pay 5 X that price for this juice. Steal of the decade! Just don't wear it in summers heat and humidity ;')

Well lets see, the original kouros for me, is not to good in the opening yet nice after a few hours. i dunno, its intriguing, like i feel like, all eyes are on me when i wear kouros. Not necessarily a good thing but as in, This guy is bold and has balls. Or mayb hes just weird for wearing it hahha i dunno, its sorta an interesting feeling.

As for me, I managed to get a sniff of body kouros, and it was... reallyr eally good imo. It was very sweet, very vanilla like, and theres a hint of incense and smoke in the back. After wearing it more, i say that it really does smell likse cotton candy/caramel with incense and vanilla. Lasted quite a long time on me. i say go for it if this sounds appeasing to you. I moan when i smell the bottle (i'm a guy lol)

Very strong on the incense and sweetness. I get an almost 'burnt sugar' type smell from it. Really nice.

I love this, but if Le Male is almost too sweet for you, Body Kouros is likely to be too. BK is nothing like the original Kouros to my nose.

No blind buy is that safe but this one is particularly risky imo. Feeling adventurous?

Very strong, very sweet. I like Kouros a lot. I bought Body Kouros blind. I wore it once and got rid of it as fast as I could. Not a safe blind buy. It seems to be as polarizing as the original, you either love it or hate it.
    She gets a special cologne. It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther so you know it's good.

Absolutely. If the big bottle is available, it's a better value.

Sur la Plage

It is OK, but absolutely nothing like Kouros - unfortunately.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's a pretty good fragrance. I sampled it, and didn't think it was "me", but my father loved it. I bought it for him for Christmas, and he wears this maybe 80% of the times and practically abandoned his Dolce & Gabanna ph, Cool Waters, and the few others he has. And it smells pretty good on him. I enjoy smelling it, but have yet to wear it outside the house. I have considered buying a small bottle though. I may just get a little atomizer and decant some of his, since I got him the big bottle.

If you like Le Male and Burberry Touch, you perhaps like this!

I bought this blind and regretted it... I don't get much of a Le Male connection, but if you happen to enjoy Bvlgari Black or Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, then you should like this...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Absolutely. If the big bottle is available, it's a better value.
    I know but I wanted something that's easier to travel with. Anymore, it seems that by the time I've used up an entire large bottle of anything, I'm burnt out on it. It probably has something to do with my severe case of ADHD

If you like vanilla, you will love it. I'm not saying it is a straight forward vanilla but it is a major player. I don't like vanilla but in this, it is awesome due to the supporting notes.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Very linear, and fairly strong and sweet. I get bored by it; it's cloying to me. Having said that, I don't think it would be too risky. I like the "other" Kouros more, even though it's probably more polarizing.

I bought it as a blind buy out of my appreciation for Kouros and YSL in general. I didn't care for it at all. I didn't hate it but had no use for it. There is very little unique to it IMHO. Further, I didn't think it was particularly well balanced or of expected quality. I found L'Homme to be a disappointment as a YSL frag but at least I can say that it feels well planned and executed. The thing that L'Homme and Body Kouros have in common is that they are COMPLETELY uninspired. Again- IMHO. I agree that Au Masculin is a much more intriguing pass at what Body Kouros ought to be.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

i bought it blind... i love it ;x
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

I just bought Body Kouros blind based on the positive feedback it has received on this site.

It smells EXACTLY the same as Joop! Homme

Not sure if I am going to keep it. Slightly disappointed since I had worn Joop! 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I just bought Body Kouros blind based on the positive feedback it has received on this site.

Not sure if I am going to keep it. Slightly disappointed since I had worn Joop! 20 years ago.
    Joop?? Come on!

Give it some time. It does NOT smell the same as JOOP! I have worn JOOP and Body Kouros. They are very different.
    You may be overreacting to the beginning notes.

It reminds me of Chergui, kind of spicy and sweet. Not as fine as Chergui, but it's very good stuff, especially if you get it at a good price (just look around online). Most likely safe as a blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    It reminds me of Chergui, kind of spicy and sweet. Not as fine as Chergui, but it's very good stuff, especially if you get it at a good price (just look around online). Most likely safe as a blind buy.
    I ordered the small bottle from scentedmonkey.com for $19. Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsinatub View Post
    Joop?? Come on!
    Was your response because you don't believe me, or for some other reason?

Was your response because you don't believe me, or for some other reason?
    I have never once seen a review of this described as smelling similar to Joop. I will let you know in several days if it does indeed smell like it.

fountain

i think many blind buyers of body kouros are not comfortable with the camphor accord which i personally find very pleasant.

Body Kouros was the worst blind buy I've ever made. I think it smells totally disgusting. I sold it to another BNer within a couple of weeks of buying it.

I blind bought is as well, and didn't like it...

I blind bought Body Kouros & found it totally SEXY!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    I am actually testing Chergui today, and I gotta admit you're right. It has a Body Kouros vibe to it. Although I find Chergui so sweet and full of honey, that I'm wondering if Chergui is wearable for a men. While Body Kouros is totally masculine.

Blog Entries

Personally, i do not believe in a safe gourmand blind buy unless you love that genre...and even then it's risky. As long as the price tag isn't killer you should be fine though. I've actually been slightly considering blind buying this as well as i love gourmands, the only thing stopping me is that i'm trying not to buy fragrances for awhile lol

The camphor in bk is nice.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.