Code of Conduct

Default summer and winter scent for a high schooler

Hey everyone
    I want to buy a new summer scent and a winter scent.
    Can anyone give me some advice or some tips?
    I have the Burberry Touch, which I think is a summer scent, but I want to get rid of it because I get comments on how I smell like a girl.
    Anyways can anyone tell me some good scents?
    Im a high school student so I don't want to spend anything way too expensive and something that is common.
    I like Gucci by Gucci Sport and the Dolce and Gabanna the one, but I can't really afford that.
    When I buy cologne, should I also buy the gift set?
    And should I buy soap?

Thanks for the help

Default Re: summer and winter scent for a high schooler

For high school, I could suggest some things

Summer: Escada Sunset Heat, Azzaro Chrome
    Winter: Zirh Corduroy, Davidoff Adventure

I think your asking for a lot there. You don't want to spend a lot of money, yet you want something that smells great and isn't common.

I would suggest saving up, and going to your nearest department store.

L'eau Blue Issey Miyake

I find Canali Men to be very versatile. Its a very clean leather smell which makes it a very elegant/romantic scent.
    Theres some subtle fruity notes which makes it more wearable in the summer. Its also pretty masculine so you wont get a comment of how you smell like a girl. It is also not very common which makes it more unique.

Search it on amazon...you can find it for 20-30$ with shipping

Swiss Army is a nice masculine fragrance that can be found cheaply (I have a bottle of it for sale).

Quote Originally Posted by xxgandalfoxx View Post
    When I buy cologne, should I also buy the gift set?
    And should I buy soap?
    No and no - if you want to smell stronger, just apply an extra spray.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

As for summer, there are always the Calvin Kleins and the Ralph Laurens and of course Acqua di Gio, but most of those are horribly overused, especially by middle or high schoolers. I'm not the most experienced guy out there, but nothing's really popping to my mind for a summer scent that smells unique, but isn't expensive. Stuff like Swiss Army isn't commonly used but it smells generic. For that, you'll probably just have to save up, do a little research, and buy a good summer cologne from your local Macy's or Saks.

For winter, if you want something cheap but unique, the answer lies in Zirh's Corduroy. It can be had abundantly for an incredibly low amount of money. The top notes are truly unlike any other, but they don't last long. If you want to get the most of Corduroy's uniqueness, you may want to keep it in your locker (if it's not searing hot in there) so you can spray it and display the top notes before they fade away.

Summer: Save up and buy something more niche to avoid the typical Eternity-AdG smell of nearly every summer cologne out there for the high school age group.

Winter: Corduroy by Zirh
    Body Kouros, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

For summer Liz Claiborne Sport! & for winter, Blue Sugar! Both are dirt cheap!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

well burberry touch is not that cheap, so if that's an example of your per-fragrance budget:
    For summer: Dior Dune Pour Homme
    For winter: Caron L'anarchiste

Summer: IZOD, Unbound, Sunset Heat, Paris Hilton for Men, Tommy Bahama, Live Jazz.
    Winter: Cuba Gold (very affordable and excellent version of Le Male), Burberry London, Pi, Corduroy.

Or for any season you can just get Cool Water.

If you don't mind smelling like everyone else but want something chicks dig...

Summer: Aqua di Gio (although it really works years round)
    Winter: Abercrombie and Fitch: Fierce (although it can work in summer, too)

Gift sets? If you mean where they have different mini bottle fragrances by the same house, I think it can be a way to sample if you have no alternative.

Soap? Like shower gel? They usually smell like the fragrance, so they make a good base layer and it will be harmonious. Plus, they subtly scent yourself all over, so this is can be a pleasant experience for a significant other who is in close physical proximity to you after you've just showered. Sometimes, the gel is all you need for such occasions.

If Gucci Sport is out of your price range, then I'd go for some budget stuff. Any of the Claiborne stuff is typically pretty decent and worth the (often minimal) price. Claiborne Sport and Lucky You are good for summertime wear, and Soul and Lucky #6 will do fine in the fall/winter. All of these can be had for 20 bucks for a 3.4oz on Amazon.