Code of Conduct

Cool Jo Malone Intense Collection

So I went to the Jo malone boutique and tried all of the new 4 intense collection, and all I can say is ho hum...

I was excited and was hoping they would be deep, dark, mysterious like the Tom Ford Private Blend, but alas they are just completely underwhelming.

White Iris and Musk- It starts off fresh and clean with a citrusy iris top note and fades into a generic white musk.

Oud and Bergamot- Very disappointing. Fresh and clean and some notes of Oud, but not too strong or long lasting.

Amber and Patchouli- This is a warm inviting fragrance, but it becomes rather linear and boring after 5 minutes.

Rose water and Vanilla- This was probably the best out of all of the new 4 scents. Its very rich, creamy, seductive, it reminds me of a cross between Bond 9 West Side and Tom Ford's Black orchid. Its rose, vanilla, sultry, slightly spicy and very sensual.

If you layer the rose water and vanilla with iris and white musk, its an interesting combo.

Overall though, these "intense" really aren't too intense....
    While Jo Malone is an Eau De Cologne, these probably have the sillage of an "Eau De Toilette" which is ok, but still nowhere near the lasting power of Creed, Bond 9, Santa Maria Novella and countless others.

Give them a try to see if you like them, but I must say ever since Jo Malone sold the company it seems as if all the new scents are insipid and boring.

Nectarine Blossom and Honey was the last Jo Malone scent before she sold the company to Estee lauder, and it seems as if all her new releases just aren't what they used to be

Default Re: Jo Malone Intense Collection

Has anyone else tried these 4 scents? did you like them ? hate them?

FYI: Here's a thread on the exact same topic, you may be able to find your answers there:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/252...nse-Collection

I tried all of these the other day, I went into Saks to get a bottle of Dark Amber and Ginger Lily, but they were sold out. The SA recommended that I try the new Intense collection as an alternative since I liked the Dark Amber. Of the collection I found that most of them were alright; Oud and Bergamot was nice, Amber and Patchouli was very pretty but very similar to some other things I'd smelled, the Rose Water actually was pleasant enough in the bottle but absolutely horrible on me. That was the one I enjoyed least of all.

For me personally, the Iris & White Musk was a winner, I wound up getting a bottle of that. It is very fresh (that first burst of citrus is beautiful) and clean, certainly not lacking in the lasting power department. A bit powdery as well. Not for everyone (my mother didn't enjoy it all that much) but I found that it is working well for me.
    Last edited by Luxx; 13th July 2010 at 05:46 PM.

Dark Amber & Ginger Lily has now been added to the Intense Collection.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Apparently Jo is bringing out her own self titled fragrance. Maybe that might hark back to the essence of Jo Malone?

Will be trying Rose Water and Vanilla this weekend. I gave their Tea Collection a thumbs up.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by commonscents View Post
    but alas they are just completely underwhelming.
    Tried them also and agree with you.

I rather like the Rosewater & Vanilla - although a bit sweet, ultimately it's musky, rose-y, and dense with a big helping of nutty almond and a faint "water" note that keeps it from getting too heavy.

I tried some but none have made a lasting impression. I think it was the iris that i tried, and the others i just smelled from the bottle. I don't fully "get" Jo Malone yet, nothing there excites me. i do like their popular cologne lime basil and mandarin, but i wouldnt buy it unless it was half price.

Would you say the ones from this Intense line are unisex? I'd like to try the Rose Water and Vanilla but wonder if it's too feminine for me.