Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Ok, funtime... Pass the parcels..... round the world tour idea.....

I'm in - your explanation makes perfect sense. If all agreed, I guess we should PM the person we're due to send a parcel to and get the ball rolling! I'll add some mystery fragrances.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Sorry, I'm obviously making this as clear as mud.... I will try and make this clearer a few ways to see if we all agree:-

I still think the circular bit is being missed. Its lots of parcels that move around, not the sending. There never will be one single parcel. Exactly like a childs game of pass the parcel except we are all sitting in a circle, holding a package each and passing them all at the same(ish) time to the next person. Each pass means each person has the next package in line. Each person will at the end have sent ten different parcels on, so ten postage costings each...

I don't need a whole list of addresses you see, you only each need the next persons address on the list, no-one elses.

So... Sugarandaraja, you only ever send parcels to Haunami, Haunami only ever sends them to Warum, Warum
    only ever sends them to Rogalal etc etc.

I tried to carefully work out the logical order from all the requests posted. The idea is that Sugarandarajas Caron samples join up with the Poivre, thats why I did Haunami next before Warum, so they both get to Warum to experience them all as requested, then they journey around the circle of the other people.

Last complication is Nukapai wants to join, so we go to 11 people. As she is GB, I will put her before me. Everyone else is overseas. Any more though, and a new circle will have to start as there is some doubt cast as to whether a 1ml sample will do for more than 10. But some may be bigger and the 1ml vials might still smell.

Like this:-

Parcel 1's journey.... Hillaires Amouage parcel comes from her (no 1) and then gets passed to no 2, who passes to 3, who passes to 4, etc etc....through 5,6,7,8,9,10 and then back to her.
    My fault, then.Sorry. I get it now.

Ooops. I didn't mean it to sound accusatory.... it wasn't meant that way at all. I wasn't making myself very clear to everyone obviously. By trying to explain, I sounded a bit schoolmaam. Let's not worry and get on with some fun. I'm going to get my frags out and decant some. Do you want to smell some Cabotine and Ma Griffe by Carven? Some Sherrer perhaps, some Yendi? Anything you fancy if I have enough to decant. It's coming to you via Twolf and Coopmom. I hope this will be a laugh.

I've sent a PM to Coopmom and will be sending my samples to her once she responds with mailing info. There should be plenty in each sample for 11 people to try.
    Blog: www.perfumenw.blogspot.com
    Website: Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes http://orchidscents.com.

I will send Guerlains.
    Evenstar

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Ooops. I didn't mean it to sound accusatory.... it wasn't meant that way at all. I wasn't making myself very clear to everyone obviously. By trying to explain, I sounded a bit schoolmaam. Let's not worry and get on with some fun. I'm going to get my frags out and decant some. Do you want to smell some Cabotine and Ma Griffe by Carven? Some Scherrer perhaps, some Yendi? Anything you fancy if I have enough to decant. It's coming to you via Twolf and Coopmom. I hope this will be a laugh.
    No it's okay, really. I really didn't get it.

And I'd love to smell Yendi again!
    Cheers
    Last edited by Hillaire; 11th July 2010 at 09:06 PM.

Doc Elly. You are a real sweetie sending samples but not playing. Is there anything you fancy having a whiff of?

Blog Entries

Great! I'll PM my address to Haunani -- should I do it now though or later, when she gets the package from Sugandaraja?
    And Rogalal, PM me your address and if there's anything from my collection you wish to sample in addition to Quelques Fleurs.

Thanks to Doc Elly and Suga and all the rest of you who are willing to let me play without knowing if I have anything you want to try. I will get some decant supplies and send at least a little something along - maybe the Sensi like Mumsy suggested, or if I win the Ebay auction that should end this evening, maybe a few Les Parfums de Rosines, if anyone wants to try some of those. Again, thanks. I've replied to Doc Elly with my address, so here we go!
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Great! I'll PM my address to Haunani -- should I do it now though or later, when she gets the package from Sugandaraja?
    And Rogalal, PM me your address and if there's anything from my collection you wish to sample in addition to Quelques Fleurs.
    Hi Warum! Go ahead and send your address any time, and please take a look at my wardrobe and let me know if there are some things you'd like to try. This will be fun!

Suga, I will PM my preferred address – you might have my old work one!
    Last edited by Haunani; 11th July 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Wayhay..... this is really exciting. I've got to wait till Twolf is back to send anything. There is bound to be a hitch or two with so many parcels and people, but if we all keep at it and let everyone know when parcels come and go, then it should be such fun.... and for quite some time too.

Shall we post reviews here, or keep this thread for logistics and have another thread for perfume comments?

Hillaire has my address and Huanani's sending hers.

I may be away for a a big chunk at the end of of August and the fall, and in that time I would be not feel deprived if I was "excluded", so to speak, from the circle i.e. things passed from Hillaire to Haunani, excluding me for the duration so that things can keep moving forward.

You can always arrange for it to be hijacked inbetween someone elses turn. Perhaps someone who has too many at once if some parcels coincide.

Blog Entries

Haunani, will do! Thanks!

Oh Sugandaraja, yes, good one! I'll be away too for some time in August and some time in September. I am not 100% positive on the dates yet. But I am sure that I'll be able to work it out and as soon as I know the dates, I'll keep y'all posted about them, so if something is due to come to me it won't end up waiting for me at the post office and someone else would enjoy it instead.

I vote for a separate thread for reviews, keeping this one for logistics. We can just call ourselves Around the World -- modest, eh? -- and make it "Around the World Reviews" thread. Just an idea!

My package of Guerlains has been shipped to ronni
    It includes:
    1. 180 Ans de Creation
    2. Gourmand Coquin
    3. Boise Torride
    4. Cuir Beluga
    5. Philtre d'Amour
    6. Attrape Coeur
    7. Purple Fantasy
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 14th July 2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Editing because fragrances have been shipped
    Evenstar

Out of curiosity. What containers/vials/pots have you put them in?

As a note to us all, one of the comments made about the Jaquminot thread was the labelling disintegrating on some towards the end leaving a few mystery perfumes. If anyone notices a label losing its identity. Please can you remedy the matter as it passes through your possession.

Hillaire

All mine heading to Sugandaraja are in little plastic zipper baggies. One per scent.

Each baggie is label-maker labeled. Moreover each little vial is label-maker labeled as well.

Some are Manufacturer's samples, which are in a card, all stuck into larger zipper baggies.

The lot of samples are arranged in peanuts in a lidded cardboard box, and stuffed into a bubble mailer.

Doc Elly's samples arrived today. I think we're in for a treat....(and sorry, Hillaire, I'm sampling before I send them to you ). The 14 samples arrived in a small cardboard lidded box, with padding beneath and between the two rows of samples, bubble-wrapped and packed in a USPS flat rate small box. I'll ship them the same way, but with maybe a little more bubble wrap. Is this process cool or what?

Blog Entries

Oh, so we are all shipping already without waiting for each other? I can definitely get stuff in the mail tomorrow/early morning Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Oh, so we are all shipping already without waiting for each other? I can definitely get stuff in the mail tomorrow/early morning Sat.
    Oops, am I supposed to wait?

Blog Entries

I shipped mine today...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Hillaire

Mine headed to Sugandaraja in Canada yesterday.

Blog Entries

Getting it out today!

Sorry I didn't get it at first! (a little slow on the uptake here, I am, huh?

I won't be able to send mine out till next week, so don't worry. Some people will be on holiday and it will take some time to try these things. I'm sure parcels will all overtake each other and the order get jumbled. it just won't matter if they are all going in the same direction.

Blog Entries

I sent yesterday, it'll be coming to Rogalal on Monday, I believe.

Basenotes Institution

I do not understand it, please label me "stupeeeeeed". I guess, I will PASS this time to see how everything goes this round, but if it is an individual effort -- the circle concept is not applicable, I do not believe it is. We are still vacationing, BTW.
    Currently wearing: Omnia Paraiba by Bulgari

Hi Twolf.... if you want to pass this time round, then I need to send straight to Co-opmom. Are you quite sure though???? I don't mind waiting, or co-opmum can always backpass one. She has plenty to sample at the moment anyway.

It will take each person a little while to try the samples and other people will be on holiday too at various stages. In the long run, one week won't hold anyone up badly. It will take some considerable time to sample the contents of, and pass the parcel with 11 parcels around the world. As you already know well from one parcel.

If yes, I can always send you the rose and some to sniff separately outside the circle if you like when you get back.
    I'll PM you Co-opmom and see where you are.

I mailed my parcel to Hillaire yesterday. Pass whatever samples you'd like to me, Mumsy - I'm free at the moment!

Basenotes Institution

Still posting from another hotel -- hopefully we will be home tomorrow (broke, too). I am sure I would like to pass this time and observe how it is going to grasp the better idea of the systematic approach you all seem to be implementing simultaneously here. Mumsy, send your goodies (and badies) to coopmom.
    Currently wearing: Omnia Paraiba by Bulgari

Blog Entries

Twolf, so sorry you're not in -- maybe you would choose some parcels you were interested in to come to you at some point/s? I think the "pass to the neighbor" would work fine, but you'll never know until you try, really! But because someone is sending something to someone all the time, I'm sure it'll be OK if you join in after you're back from vacation and situating yourself back at home.

We don't want to lose our Wolfie, won't we?!..