Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ok, funtime... Pass the parcels..... round the world tour idea.....

Twolf, so sorry you're not in -- maybe you would choose some parcels you were interested in to come to you at some point/s? I think the "pass to the neighbor" would work fine, but you'll never know until you try, really! But because someone is sending something to someone all the time, I'm sure it'll be OK if you join in after you're back from vacation and situating yourself back at home.

We don't want to lose our Wolfie, won't we?!..

Umm, LOL? I thought it was going to be ONE parcel going 'round the world!

Haha!

Well, I got mine yesterday - will need to spend some time sniffing over the weekend and it'll be off to Mumsy next week.

Just to jump in here for a second, what I'm picturing is that instead of just one giant swap/sample box that everyone's waiting for with random things... you guys are sending out many smaller ones with dedicated themes...

I would think that while some people love certain houses, or perfumers or whatever, at least teh way I go about sampling is by note/genre. So I would prefer to see something like a box for Vetiver, white florals, ambers, etc... that way you can kind of compare them all back to back, regardless of the house, age, etc.

thoughts?
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Agree about themes, not little random things.

This one is a sort of hybrid. There are some themes, - there are greens, incenses, and maybe white flowers and some houses - Carons, Guerlains, Houbigants, Amouages. I think some people are adding to a house as each package goes around and others are adding something they wish to share. As a pure experiment in friendly, mutual interest cooperation, I'm not sure it matters too much as it's only for fun anyway.

I absolutely love the idea of themes based on one note. You could always start one. There is no limit to what can be done.

Blog Entries

I agree about themes, so I hope that at some point Houbigants will join in one package. For instance, I had Fleurs l'Original and Rogalal is adding to it Fleurs de Royale and sending it to the next person. Perhaps, by the time it gets to me, the two packages of vintage Houbigants will join together. I've never participated in a circle before, so I don't have expectations on how things will work out, but I am sure we'll have fun!

I am definitely in!! But I live in NZ and although I have quite a few perfumes and would love to do this, I need to read up on what families they belong to!

EDIT; On reconsidering, maybe not! It sounds a little sophisticated, selection wise for the generic types I own! I'll stick to ordering samples for now :-)
    Last edited by miss mills; 23rd July 2010 at 06:40 PM.

I am ready to send the Incense parcel from Rogalal and the Houbigants from Warum to ronni. I believe ronni is on vacation, though, so I will check with her first.
    Evenstar

Right - I have in my hands a selection of new Gorilla Perfumes, plus a secret contraband blend of my own... ready to fly out all over the place. I had to wait for the stuff to be made, hehehe.

I'd like to send on the samples from package that I received PLUS the ones above. But I am enjoying the samples too much to do that just yet. I might need to wait until the end of the week. I'm only half-way through wearing them all. I've had a couple of surprises... this is so much fun!

There is no rush. Enjoy them. That is the whole point......

Blog Entries

How everybody's doing? just curious!
    anyone got any more packages in or out?

I had a slight delay in sending mine because various bits of life had got in my way and i'm glad I did. There was a spot of bother with one of the Houbigants leaking. I had bought 3ml spray bottles and I had sprayed the Musk in from a spray mist. The liquid must have been highly compressed because the sample got really cold and was fizzy. I has left it covered overnight to let it reach room temp and screwed the lid on. When I returned to it there was a massive leak in the ziplock baggie. The remaining pressure had forced it out. Thank goodness I had followed Hillaires advice with separate bags for each. I refilled and depressurised it and they are on their way to Coopmom.

The results of testings are in the thread here:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256...s-and-Thoughts

Mine's going in the post tomorrow Look out for a pongy package Mumsy!

How exciting. I'm ready and waiting...... this is as good as waiting for Father Christmas.

Mine have arrived....Yipeeee.

There are loads here and i'm just about to go out. I am wearing the Tom Ford Leather and it really does smell sooo like leather.
    I will report back properly later.
    Thank you Nukapai.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Mine have arrived....Yipeeee.

There are loads here and i'm just about to go out. I am wearing the Tom Ford Leather and it really does smell sooo like leather.
    I will report back properly later.
    Thank you Nukapai.
    Can't wait to hear what you think of all of them!

I posted reviews for most in the directory, but haven't got around to copying them all into our discussion thread.

Hi all! I now have the Caron package and Doc Elly's samples. This is going to be fun! Warum, I will probably be sending these on to you early next week (August 9-11ish). :-)

I'm over to the review thread for the first three.... I'm loving this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Hi all! I now have the Caron package and Doc Elly's samples. This is going to be fun! Warum, I will probably be sending these on to you early next week (August 9-11ish). :-)
    Thank you, Haunani, this is wonderful! That way they will definitely arrive by August 18, that's when I leave (so I'll be able to take some with me).

Mumsy's package arrived safely today. I'm excited to try the samples she sent:

Carven Ma Griffe - reformulated
    Carven Ma Griffe - Vintage (1963-67)
    Jean Louis Scherrer Scherrer - 1979
    Houbigant Musk Alyssa Ashley Div - 1968
    Houbigant Chantilly - 1970
    Balmain Ivoire - reformulated
    Capucci Yendi - 1974
    Van Cleef & Arpels First - Vintage 1976
    Gres Cabotine - 1990
    Coty Emeraude - 1955

Thank you, Mumsy! I'm excited to try these.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

I am trying to keep a tab on where all the parcels are from postings. My parcel contained all these from Nukapai.

I'm sure these were from her

Heavenly Peach Bouquet
    Gorilla perfumes - Orange blossom - Lust - Imogen Rose - The smell of freedom
    Ormond Woman - Ormond Jayne
    Gold - Donna Karen

but these? Are any of these the ones from Ronni to Nukapai?

Ayala Moriel - Roses et Chocolat - Song of Songs
    Insolence
    Jasmin et Cigarette
    Encens Flamboyant
    Potter & Moore - Lavender & Italian Lemon
    Miller Harris - Noix de Tuberose
    Jo Malone - Vanilla & Anise - Sweet Lime & Cedar x2
    Bond No9 - The Scent of Peace - So New York - Fashion Avenue - Bleecker Street - Saks 5th Avenue for her - Chinatown
    Tuscan Leather - Tom Ford

The Guerlains have arrived with me.... Yippee. Slightly coloured labels so these things are leaking a bit like mine were. I suspect sprays don't like airoplane pressures perhaps. I shall baggy them for onward travel.

There is also a generous helping of 7 more gorilla perfumes. Thank you Nukapai.

I mailed Mumsy's greens/Houbigants to Haunani on Wednesday.

I received a package from Atlanta ,last week!I don't know the sender...please let me know if it is the package of this tread and please let me know who's turn is next to send !!!!
    THANK YOU
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hi sophi,
    What was in it? You were not on the original list for this pass the parcel but it would depend who you might you have given your address to. Each person on this circle has only given their address to the one person next in line.

Hi sophi,
    What was in it? You were not on the original list for this pass the parcel but it would depend who you might you have given your address to. Each person on this circle has only given their address to the one person next in line.
    I have been pm'ed the address of the member who sent me the package ,a few minutes ago!
    I wasn't in the list of "pass the parcel " list but i was sent the package from the same member who was paricipating in the "three discontinued perfumes to try" thread started by 30 Roses!!!That's Ronni!
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Parcel movement.... Guerlaines and Lushes over to Coopmom today. I found this parcel was about the max size for testing comfort. The last one I think was two parcels in one, and it had so many it was a bit overwhelming (but still fun). I think I am next in line for Rogalals Incenses...

Any updates on parcel movements elsewhere? Just for tracking reference, not for hurrying anyone....

Parcel movement.... Guerlaines and Lushes over to Coopmom today. I found this parcel was about the max size for testing comfort. The last one I think was two parcels in one, and it had so many it was a bit overwhelming (but still fun). I think I am next in line for Rogalals Incenses...
    Any updates on parcel movements elsewhere? Just for tracking reference, not for hurrying anyone....
    I was sent the incenses from Ronni (in fact i didn't know who was the sender ,i found out later)..i wasn't participating in the circle !Nukapai was the one who should get the parcel from Ronni!I have pm Ronni but got no answer ...I am in Europe...could someone inform me where and who i am sending the parcel ,please?I have no addresses and no clue if Nukapai have received a package from Ronni,too!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Hi Sophi,

Maybe Ronni has sent some to you for another reason.

The incenses and perfumes in our circle parcel would be the following:-

L'Artisan for Aedes de Venustas EdP
    Aedes the Venustas
    dG Jaisalmer
    Quarzazate,
    Jo Malone Pomgranate Noir,
    Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie,
    and two essential oils: Himalayhan Cedarwood and Virginia Cedar.
    plus these maybe:-
    Arwen elf:- "I suspect I will be sending this package along to ronni by the middle of next week, and I am thinking about adding CdG Tokyo and Zagorsk (smaller samples courtesy of generous Basenoters) and a sample of Avignon from my collection in order to have the complete CdG Incense series."

If the ones you were sent were these, then try PM-ing Nukapai to see if she has any incenses from Ronni. If she has, then you haven't to send them to Nukapai, if not, then she can give you her address to send them on to her.

If Ronni is around, then I'm sure she will enlighten you before you need to worry or do anything. There is no rush. I was just checking up. We wouldn't want to hijack any of Ronnies parcels by being too hasty..... or maybe we would!!!!

What was in your parcel?

Hi Sophi,

Maybe Ronni has sent some to you for another reason.

The incenses and perfumes in our circle parcel would be the following:-

L'Artisan for Aedes de Venustas EdP
    Aedes the Venustas
    dG Jaisalmer
    Quarzazate,
    Jo Malone Pomgranate Noir,
    Eau d'Italie Bois d'Ombrie,
    and two essential oils: Himalayhan Cedarwood and Virginia Cedar.
    plus these maybe:-
    Arwen elf:- "I suspect I will be sending this package along to ronni by the middle of next week, and I am thinking about adding CdG Tokyo and Zagorsk (smaller samples courtesy of generous Basenoters) and a sample of Avignon from my collection in order to have the complete CdG Incense series."

If the ones you were sent were these, then try PM-ing Nukapai to see if she has any incenses from Ronni. If she has, then you haven't to send them to Nukapai, if not, then she can give you her address to send them on to her.

If Ronni is around, then I'm sure she will enlighten you before you need to worry or do anything. There is no rush. I was just checking up. We wouldn't want to hijack any of Ronnies parcels by being too hasty..... or maybe we would!!!!

What was in your parcel?
    Hi mumsy,

The perfumes you listed above were in my package sent by Ronni!!!
    I know that Ronni has some personal things going on so...please dear Nukapai enlighen us on this subject
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Over to Nukapai then. Thanks for doing that Sophi. If there is anything you would like to smell in my wardrobe then let me know where to send them by PMing me.

I mailed my parcel to Sugandaraja this week. Hillaire was going to be out of pocket for about a month.

Have you got your parcel from me yet coopmom?

Also Nukapai, have you got the stray one with the incenses that went erroneously to Sophie?

Have you got your parcel from me yet coopmom?
    Yep, arrived today. I can't wait to start the "G" group - Gorilla and Guerlain. What a combo!

Blog Entries

I'm back from vacation, ready to settle in for Fall. Haven't gotten anything yet.

I have begun with the Guerlains in my current sample package. May I just say that I think I loooooooove Guerlain fragrances? I have tried Angelique Noir (but didn't give it a "real" test, so I will reserve judgement) and am wearing 180 Ans de Creation on one arm and Cuir Beluga on the other. Read the reviews in the fragrance directory for educated opinions on these - I just know that I really think these are masterpieces.

Did I say yet that I looooove Guerlain? Apparently I will never have the opportunity to own a bottle of the delicate 180 Ans de Creation, ***sobs quietly*** since this was never meant to be sold in stores. It's a shame, because I would probably sell my first born child for a full bottle of this. The Cuir Beluga is also absolutely beautiful. I can barely get the leather note, but it's there. It's soft and sumptuous and I want this one, too....georgeous. I looooooove Guerlain - at least I love these!

Hello all! I am embarrassed to say that I still have the Caron and Doc Elly packages, and I now have the box of samples from Mumsy, as well. I had procrastinated earlier and then we had to leave town for two weeks (my father became ill and died). As I mentioned to Warum, I'm not usually this flaky. I'm sorry to cause such a delay! All three collections will be moving on to Warum in tomorrow's post. I did make notes on some of the fragrances and will share them soon.

Darling, nobody minds one bit. You just take your time under such circumstances. I hope you have lots of emotional support your end. You certainly have all our love and best wishes. I'm sure I speak for all of us here. If you haven't been of a frame of mind to do such things as perfume smelling, then we can always send them back to you later when you do.

Haunani! I fully sympathize about life getting in the way - after a crazy move back to Canada, I haven't sent you the Amouages yet. Would you like them or should I send them further down the circle?

Suga, did you get the samples from me while you were in Germany? I've had company and haven't gotten all the Guerlains sampled, much less the Gorillas... I will try to finish them up this week.

Haunani, so sorry about your father. I hope you can find some lovely memories of him to hold close. Hugs to you, and take care of yourself.

Thank you all for your kind words and for your patience. Suga, yes I am ready to try the Amouages, and I hope you are doing OK now.

I have none currently and I see Ronni is reviewing some Guerlains on sotd. I'm not sure how they got round so quickly. I only had them fairly recently and I am two people after Ronni. Did they 'do' everyone or skip a few?

I shall comb the posts and do a summary, but it would help if you could list what you've had or missed too.

I have passed the incense parcel to NUKAPAI
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Fabbi, and yours will be with you soon.

Mumsy, those Guerlains you recently tried are still at my house. I just finished them, and will sample the Gorillas and send them on. I will see if Hillaire is back from traveling, and if she doesn't want them, will send them to Sugadaranja, if he wants them.

Sadly I don't know the fate of the parcel that went to Germany, as I rather unexpectedly had to leave the country. Unnecessary drama to add to a sample swap, I'll admit; I hope they will be returned to Coopmom when its apparent I'm no longer living at that address. Apologies all, for the inconvenience. If, and I hope this isn't the case, it turns out they are not returned and that they are lost I will pay for anything that is missing and compile a similar or new package as best fits the desires of the original sender.

Is the Gorilla + Guerlain one package? If so I'm in if Hillaire isn't in I'm in, but if it's just the Gorilla line no thanks, pass them on the Haunani - I was recently sent samples of the entire Gorilla line, quite as generous as it was unexpected!

Blog Entries

I will post as soon as I get the packages from H, and this would be my first time to get a package. I'll be getting multiple collections, so I will start with one, mail it to rogalal when I'm done with it and keep doing so as I go through each of them, so the three packages will become three different ones again. That's the plan.

Don't feel at all rushed Warum. You will have quite a smelly task with three. Enjoy them as if you just had one. This pass the parcel game isn't a marathon. You have all the time in the world to play with each one and be happy. I found I had nasal fatigue after a week of continual sampling.

Blog Entries

Mumsy,
    thanks so much, I appreciate it! I will enjoy them and savor the experience. Lots of these things are perfumes I've been dreaming about trying a lot and for a long time, and now I have the three packages on hand. Yay!

Haunani, I got the package today! Thanks a lot for a wonderful packing job and a personal touch! Hope you're doing better and getting the support you need. I've been thinking of you.

Warum, I'm glad the package got there safely. I want to apologize to you all for being so slow I really should have moved the parcels along well before I got called away for family needs. I enjoyed everything thanks to all who have contributed to this parcel passing!

Hillaire

Haunani, have you gotten the Amouages yet?

I am in receipt of the Gorilla/ Guerlain package from coopmom, and I am preparing to send it along to Suga, unless he passes. To the Guerlain collection, I will add samples of my Plus Que Jamais, Iris Ganache, Vintage Habit Rouge edc, and Tonka Imperiale.

And I can also add vintage Chamade and vintage Mitsouko, if anyone is interested.

As I was getting some extra Amouage samples, I delayed sending out the parcel so I could add to it some. Now Opus I, Gold Woman, and both Memoirs are off to Huanani, in addition to a few others that fit the theme. Hope you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post

I am in receipt of the Gorilla/ Guerlain package from coopmom, and I am preparing to send it along to Suga, unless he passes. To the Guerlain collection, I will add samples of my Plus Que Jamais, Iris Ganache, Vintage Habit Rouge edc, and Tonka Imperiale.

And I can also add vintage Chamade and vintage Mitsouko, if anyone is interested.
    What???? Send that package back this way first!!
    **note to self - sign up AFTER Hillaire next time**

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Haunani, have you gotten the Amouages yet?

Oooooh, yes please. These parcels will have to do the rounds twice! Maybe forever with the original senders keeping their own on the completed circle and passing the new forever and ever.... the morphing parcels

That does sound interesting, a parcel with ever changing contents circling the globe for a couple of decades....

Blog Entries

Wow, I am slower than I wanted to be. In October I was sick and traveled a lot which didn't help sampling (I was afraid to take the parcels with me). But I am done with the Carons and as soon as I am back from DC (next week), I will mail them to rogalal. I still have Mumsy's and DocElly's parcels, but they will be moving faster hopefully.

P.S. I will post here again when I mail the Carons.

Thanks for the update. It was inevitable that the excitement should make it move fast at the beginning and then slow back to normal life. The same thing happened with the previous parcel game, but don't feel rushed still, it is only a game not a marathon. It's actually quite hard sampling too many for too long. You need a rest inbetween and then it slips into the white elephant zone.

Can every one else update us with where things are? I haven't seen anything since the Guerlains in September.

Hillaire

Hi, I am sending the Guerlains (and Gorillas) tomorrow to Rogalal.

Ahhh, sisterhood of the traveling scents. I love it!
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Blog Entries

I now officially have the Guerlains & Guerillas!

I'll start checking them out quickly.

Thanks everyone.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??