Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Ok, funtime... Pass the parcels..... round the world tour idea.....

Don't rush through them. Enjoy them all in your own time.

Blog Entries

I've started sampling my way through the epic box of Guerlains! I'll be posting my rather rambling, detailed thoughts in the Sample of the Day thread here.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Guess what showed up in my mailbox today? The long-lost package that I had sent to Sugadaranja in Germany back in September! I will be contacting Hillaire to see if she wants this package.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Blog Entries

Arrow Re: Ok, funtime... Pass the parcels..... round the world tour idea.....

Today I have mailed the package of Carons to rogalal.
    This leaves me with two more packages to test and mail forward, Doc Elly's samples and mumsy's greens and Houbigants.

Blog Entries

Urgh - I think I'm the slow one here...

I've been trying my best to wear and review everything, but that Guerlain box is daunting, so it's taking me quite a while. I still have the Lushes and the Carons are on their way!

I happened upon a sample of Chamade and a very nice BNer sent me a sample of Sous Le Vent, so I'll be adding those to the Guerlain box. I'll also throw in some Cologne du 68. But, honestly, it'll probably take me at least another week or two before I finish this and get it sent off...

I have received (from Suga) a box with the following: Amouages, Essentially Me, and a bunch of extras from Suga including a nice jasmine selection. I'll probably keep these part way into January. Warum, are these all things you haven't tried yet? You are the one I send to, I think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    I have received (from Suga) a box with the following: Amouages, Essentially Me, and a bunch of extras from Suga including a nice jasmine selection. I'll probably keep these part way into January. Warum, are these all things you haven't tried yet? You are the one I send to, I think.
    Yes, I am the one you send to, and no, I haven't tried any Amouages (except Memoir). Excited, looking forward to that! End of January is great with me, I'll be moving the box of greens/Houbigants out by then.

I was thinking that once I was financially solvent again, maybe January, I would order samples (2ml maybe) of three turkish delight fragrances and do something like this. How many people could I include. Is this the right thread to ask this? Ruh roh! Is three enough to send out? I know there are two people who said they'd enjoy this, how many more can play?
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Blog Entries

rogalal let me know that he received Carons on Dec 23.
    I was already nervous, since they were taking longer than any other package I sent on the same day!
    But all well that ends well, Carons moved one more person down the line!

I still have mumsy's and Doc Elly's boxes.

This week I received from Rogalal a parcel with Guerlains. About half of them originated with me. So, the questions is, what do I do now? Do I keep the ones that came from me and send the others forward?
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Arwen, I did not have a chance to smell Guerlains yet.

I will send you the whole package, then. Please PM me your info and I will put it in the mail before the end of the week.
    I may add a couple more samples.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

The Lushes are officially on their way to Arwen_Elf and I have the Carons here.

How's everyone else doing?

Blog Entries

Today I mailed the package of greens that originated from Mumsy to rogalal. I sent priority with delivery confirmation, and I was given an estimated delivery date on Saturday, March 5th. I put some extra electric tape on the decants on top of the fabric tape they came with to be sure that the lid stays securely on and does not move not one bit!

The vintage greens were completely adorable, I will try to post my thoughts on the thoughts thread, but this is not going to happen today as I am leaving to visit my family in Georgia.

This leaves me with the package of Olympic Orchids that came from Doc Elly to coopmom, and then through our circle. I will start testing them as soon as I get back to Georgia, so I am still busy sampling. I do know Amouages and Guerlains are supposed to be coming my way some time, I haven't smelled any of these.

How everyone else is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by debbborra View Post
    I was thinking that once I was financially solvent again, maybe January, I would order samples (2ml maybe) of three turkish delight fragrances and do something like this. How many people could I include. Is this the right thread to ask this? Ruh roh! Is three enough to send out? I know there are two people who said they'd enjoy this, how many more can play?
    This game sounds like so much fun...I'd love to get into a circle. I think it's too late for this one, but if you are interested in starting another one, I'm in!
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Why don't you start one? Just decide what you would like it to do, with what sort of perfumes, how many you would like in it and go for it. You will have to start a new thread though as this one is lengthy now and it will get muddled with two. I might play if I like the sort of perfumes you have in mind.

Blog Entries

Or you could just pick someone near you and insert yourself into the existing circle. That wouldn't be too hard.

Speaking of which, I've heard from Warum that the vintage greens are on their way to me, and I have a note in to ArwenElf about the Carons - things are on the move!

I have had no response from Sugandaraja about the box that finally came back to me. Who's next in line?

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Why don't you start one? Just decide what you would like it to do, with what sort of perfumes, how many you would like in it and go for it. You will have to start a new thread though as this one is lengthy now and it will get muddled with two. I might play if I like the sort of perfumes you have in mind.
    I very well may. I'll think about what sort of perfumes, etc. and will post tomorrow. Thanks for the nudge!
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Hello friends,

I still have the Gorillas, but I hope to move them along next week. I just shipped the Guerlains to Warum. Since some of them were pretty low, I re-filled the ones that I could and I added a few more samples.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Caron's. That is enough to cheer anybody up!

Arwen
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    I have had no response from Sugandaraja about the box that finally came back to me. Who's next in line?
    Which box do you mean? I think I still have one from Doc Elly that originated from you... *hangs head in shame, plans to move it out sooner than later*

And thanks, Arwen!

Hillaire

Any news on my Amouage/PG/MDCI package? I am just hoping it did not disappear. I did not see it mentioned.

Hillaire, I think I'm supposed to get your package last, since I mail to you, but I haven't seen it yet. I guess there are a few circulating further up the list.

Blog Entries

I've just received the vintage greens - this is a heck of a package! I can't wait to get started...

Blog Entries

Received the package of Guerlains today. A couple of labels got smeared, so I might need help IDing fragrances.

I received the Carons!!

I can't wait to smell them
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Wanted to ask, who do I send Guerlains to after sniffing them?
    I usually send to rogalal. Do I send to you this time as well?

Oops! I've dropped the ball twice now on this stuff. I still have the box of Amouage samples and some PG and MDCI samples. I put it in my trunk and forgot about it. Please don't send anything more my way! I'm so sorry to be so unreliable!

I will send it to Warum within the next few days unless I get different instructions.

I have been trawling all the posts in this thread to see where everything is:-

Parcel 1 Amouages - 2)Suga in July, to 3)Hounani in Dec
    Parcel 2 Carons - 3)Hounani in Aug, 4)Warum in Oct, 5)Rogalal in Dec, 6)Arwen in March
    Parcel 3 Caron Poivre - I think this joined up with parcel 2
    Parcel 4 Quelques Fleurs - 5)Rogalal and then I think it joined up with one of the others
    Parcel 5 Incenses - 6)Arwen in July, 7)Ronni, then a detour via Sophie, 8)Nukapai in Sept
    Parcel 6 Guerlains - 7)Ronni in sept, 8)Nukapai in ?, 9) Mumsy in sept, 10) Coopmom in sept, 1)Hillaire in Oct, 6) Arwen in Jan
    Parcel 7 Tom fords etc - 8) Nukapai and joined the gorillas parcel 8
    Parcel 8 Gorillas/Lushes - 9)Mumsy in Aug, 10) Coopmom in sept, 1)Hillaire in Oct
    Parcel 9 Vintage greens - 10) Coopmom in Aug, 3)Hounani in Sept, 4) Warum in oct, 5)Rogalal in March
    Parcel 10 Doc ellys - 1)Hillaire in July, 2) Suga in July, 3) Hounani in Aug, 4) Warum in Oct,

I haven't trawled the review thread yet. I may look tomorrow or you can just tell me if I've got something wrong or not there.

Blog Entries

Warum, we went out of order on the Guerlain box - I've already had it. It should go to whoever ArwenElf usually sends her packages to.

As for the big list, I think I've tried everything except the Doc Elly's and the Amouages. Oh, and the Tom Ford box.

Do you think it would be fun to start a new box? I was thinking of weird themes, maybe really obscure perfumes no one has heard of (or maybe scents not in the BN directory), or everbody add a sample of something they dearly love?

Blog Entries

Mumsy, I looked there and one correction: Guerlains are with me as of March. Just posted a couple of days ago.

So:

Parcel 1 Amouages - 2)Suga in July, to 3)Hounani in Dec
    Parcel 2 Carons - 3)Hounani in Aug, 4)Warum in Oct, 5)Rogalal in Dec, 6)Arwen in March
    Parcel 3 Caron Poivre - I think this joined up with parcel 2 I believe it did, I remember trying it.
    Parcel 4 Quelques Fleurs - 5)Rogalal and then I think it joined up with one of the others
    Parcel 5 Incenses - 6)Arwen in July, 7)Ronni, then a detour via Sophie, 8)Nukapai in Sept
    Parcel 6 Guerlains - 7)Ronni in sept, 8)Nukapai in ?, 9) Mumsy in sept, 10) Coopmom in sept, 1)Hillaire in Oct, 6) Arwen in Jan 7) Warum in Mar
    Parcel 7 Tom fords etc - 8) Nukapai and joined the gorillas parcel 8
    Parcel 8 Gorillas/Lushes - 9)Mumsy in Aug, 10) Coopmom in sept, 1)Hillaire in Oct
    Parcel 9 Vintage greens - 10) Coopmom in Aug, 3)Hounani in Sept, 4) Warum in oct, 5)Rogalal in March
    Parcel 10 Doc ellys - 1)Hillaire in July, 2) Suga in July, 3) Hounani in Aug, 4) Warum in Oct.

So, as much as I am trying to decrease the amount of packages, I always end up with more than one at a time!! But, I am hanging in and am moving them out, albeit slowly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Warum, we went out of order on the Guerlain box - I've already had it. It should go to whoever ArwenElf usually sends her packages to.
    I will find out.

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    As for the big list, I think I've tried everything except the Doc Elly's and the Amouages. Oh, and the Tom Ford box.
    Tom Ford I don't know about, but Doc Elly's are with me and I'll get them to you in April, realistically.

rogalal this seems like so much fun, so if you do start a new box, let me know! I'm in!! I've been trying on my own to sample as much stuff as I can and I have a ton of samples already, but so much haven't tried.

The Tom ford box I refer to was:-

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford
    Encens Flamboyant by Anick Goutal
    Jasmin et cigarette by Etat Libre d'orange
    Sweet lime and cedar by Jo Malone
    Gold by Donna Karen
    Roses et Chocolat by Ayala Moriel
    Song of Songs by Ayala Moriel
    Gold by Donna Karen
    The scent of Peace by Bond no9
    Vanilla and Anise - Jo Malone
    Insolence by Guerlain

this box joined the gorillas below, unless the above were all from nukapai, in which case i'm not sure which ones Ronni sent.

Heavenly Peach Banquet by Nukapai
    Orange Blossom by Gorilla perfumes
    Lust by Gorilla Perfumes
    The smell of Freedom by gorilla Perfumes
    Imogen Rose by Gorilla Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Wanted to ask, who do I send Guerlains to after sniffing them?
    I usually send to rogalal. Do I send to you this time as well?
    Warum, the original Guerlain package came from me, so when I received them from Rogalal I thought the circle had been completed. I asked what to do with them and you replied they had never come to you, that is why I sent them to you, albeit out of order. The next person in the circle after me is Roni.

I have the Carons and the Lush (huge package). I expect to move them along next week.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

Thanks, Arwen!
    Roni, please PM your address if you haven't sniffed the Guerlains yet. If you did... then speak up, the ones who didn't!

Blog Entries

I have received the package of Amouages, PG, MMCI and Essentially Me.
    I better get busy! *runs away*

I have a package of Carons to send. I tried to contact Ronni, but her inbox is full.
    Ronni, are you around? I would love to send you this package.

The next person after Ronni is Nukapai.
    Evenstar

I still have the Caron's. Could not get a hold of Ronni and Nuka asked me to skip her for now. I want to send this package to mumsy. I sent her a PM
    Evenstar

Hillaire

It would be nice to imagine this journey of fragrance had not yet fizzled. Thanks, arwen elf, for making that effort.

I wondered where my Carons are.

I like the thought that they're still touring the world bringing folks enjoyment.

Conversely, if really no-one wants to try them anymore, they're welcome home!

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I wondered where my Carons are.

I like the thought that they're still touring the world bringing folks enjoyment.

Conversely, if really no-one wants to try them anymore, they're welcome home!
    This is true, too, of my Amouage, MDCI, PG pack.

OMG. I had long lost the idea this was still happening as nothing was filtering through to England. I presumed the wheel was stuck.
    Yes please. I'll PM my addy.

Blog Entries

Oh yes, it's still going.
    I have Hillaire's pack. I contacted rogalal earlier (he's the next in line), but he said that I should send to Arwen who's in line after him.
    Would you please send me your address, Arwen?

The Carons are going to mumsy later this week. Yes, I am glad these are still making the rounds. I am sending pm to warum as soon as I am done here.
    Evenstar

I'm listing these just to show what was in the original parcels i had to see what additions may have been made since.

In early August 2010 came the first package which originally contained these:-

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford
    Encens Flamboyant by Anick Goutal
    Jasmin et cigarette by Etat Libre d'orange
    Sweet lime and cedar by Jo Malone
    Gold by Donna Karen
    Roses et Chocolat by Ayala Moriel
    Song of Songs by Ayala Moriel
    Noix de Tuberose by Miller Harris (I went on to buy this one)
    The scent of Peace by Bond no9
    Vanilla and Anise - Jo Malone
    Insolence by Guerlain

these joined the gorillas below

Heavenly Peach Banquet by Nukapai
    Orange Blossom by Gorilla perfumes
    Lust by Gorilla Perfumes
    The smell of Freedom by gorilla Perfumes
    Imogen Rose by Gorilla Perfumes

These came from someone but not sure whose package they were in... They may have all come at once. I remember it was a huge amount.

Lavender & Italian Lemon by Potter & Moore,
    Ormonde Woman by Ormonde Jayne,
    So New York by Bond no9,
    Chinatown by Bond no9,
    Fashion Avenue by Bond no9,
    Bleecker Street by Bond no9,
    Saks Fifth Avenue for her by Bond no9

Then I got these two packages in August 2010:-
    Guerlains:-
    180 ans
    Philtre d'amour
    Attrape Coeur
    Cuir Belugo
    Gourmand Coquin
    Bois Torride
    Purple fantasy
    Angelique Noire

Gorillas:-
    The smell of weather turning
    Icon
    Ladyboy
    Exhale
    Superworldunknown
    Bscent
    Love

I don't think I saw anything after that August point so if anyone has one of the others without a destination I shall volunteer.

The vintage greens came from me and originally contained:-
    1 & 2 - Ma Griffe by Carven - both vintage and reformulated,
    3 - Scherrer by Jean-Louis Scherrer,
    4 - Chantilly by Houbigant,
    5 - Musk - Alyssa Ashley by Houbigant,
    6 - Yendi by Roberto Capucci,
    7 - Emeraude by Coty
    8 - First by Van Cleef & Arpels
    9 - Ivoire - Balmain
    10 - Cabotine - Gres

OMG The huge pile of Carons are with me.......

Thank you, thank you, thank you..................

What fun I shall have with these. I am on the April blind sniff for now, so I cannot start them yet.

Are any more of these in circulation still, or are they all parked at the end of their daisy chain?

If the Amouage etc pack doesn't have a destination, can I volunteer for that too? I don't think I saw all of the parcels, but it was difficult to tell after a while because some got merged together.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    If the Amouage etc pack doesn't have a destination, can I volunteer for that too? I don't think I saw all of the parcels, but it was difficult to tell after a while because some got merged together.
    The Amouage pack is coming to you next. I am still working on them.
    I want to thank Hillaire for the Amouages. I can only smell them at Scentbar (Lucky Scent) and by the time I get to them I have so many other perfumes on my skin, that it is hard to really appreciate them.
    Evenstar