Code of Conduct

Default Epic Man, safe for work?

Amouage Epic Man is currently one of my favourites. I really never get tired of it and the most amazing thing about it is that i get no olfactory fatique whatsoever. Wearing it I am always aware of this scent and after a day at work, driving home in my car, I still get whiffs ot this wonderful woody, incency oud combo. It is quite strong however with literally epic longevity (I'm not sure about sillage though) and I reckon that somebody could be offensed by it. Hence my question: Would you say that Epic Man is suitable for daily wear and days at the office (besides the fact that wearing such a expensive scent for work is somewhat decadent)? If yes how many sprays would you apply (so far I used two, at my chest)?
    Last edited by Ender; 7th July 2010 at 07:24 AM.

Default Re: Epic Man, safe for work?

I suppose it depends where you work.

Honestly, I wear my Amouage scents to work, at home, while lounging around, and sometimes even to bed. They are all quite strong and so one spray usually suffices for me, and each spray is only about $0.20. Wearing 1 spray of a $280 scent is no more expensive than 4 sprays of a $70 scent - so that's something to keep in mind. Anyhow, I wouldn't worry about the expense element. For work, given that Epic Man not only has epic longevity and good to excellent sillage, I would only wear one spray of this, to the chest.

In my opinion it may come across as a bit of a strange scent to those coworkers only familiar with designer offerings, but it's not so strange or outlandish that it would draw truly adverse reactions. I think you should go for it!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Absolutely. Epic man is outstanding! Great sillage and stayingpower. It has the same luxurious, "expencive" aura as most of the scents from Amouage. It`s strong stuff, so I think 1-2 sprays under your shirt will be perfect.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 7th July 2010 at 08:13 AM.

Sur la Plage

If you got it, wear it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Have gotten several compliments when wearing Epic to work. 2 sprays. As Petruccijc says............
    dnc

OK. Thanks. I'm probably too careful when it comes to wearing scents but I don't want to be "that guy". Astonishingly enough, almost no one wears colonge over here. I never get complements but this is probably due to the fact that I am member of the managment and almost all my co-workers are subordinates and would not allow themselfs such a thing.

Another good thing about this scent is also the fact, that it's best part is the drydown. It's wonderfully oud centered with an incence that has astonishingly solid staying power. There is however a somewhat pungent sour note, which could offend someone (does someone know what it is?). The opening also is very harsh. Dominated by freshly crushed pink pepper berries. But this has long faded once I'm at the office.

By the way! What is the matter with the basenote directory? The last added scent, months ago, is still that Sarah Jessica Parker juice. Epic, created last year, is still missing. Would be great to have some reviews about this one!
    Last edited by Ender; 7th July 2010 at 12:42 PM.

I also miss Epic in the fragrance directory..

Yes, wearing it today - 2 to the neck, 3 under the shirt. I've enjoyed it quite a bit today!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Of course it is....easy on the trigger...
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Personally, I've always found very spicy scents among the hardest to wear to work, even compared to some of my "dirtier" options. I feel like they project a lot on me, but it could be that I just notice them better/longer.

Just IMO. You should wear it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I need to pull this sample back out. I don't recall getting much sillage from it so a retest is in order.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I like Epic Man a lot. It's one of the easier Amouage scents to wear. Nothing ambiguously unisex about it, like Amouage Gold, just a rich, peppery incense and leather type of fragrance. I would agree with most here that suggest going easy on the trigger and you'll be fine.