Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Mona di Orio - Les Nombres dOr

From nstperfume.com:

Mona di Orio has launched Les Nombres dOr, a new trio of fragrances named for the Golden Ratio (aka the Golden Number or the Golden Section).

Ambre ~ with cedar, ylang ylang, benzoin, tolu and vanilla.

Cuir ~ featuring cardamom, leather, absinthe, opoponax, castoreum and juniper.

Musc ~ with neroli, angelica, rose, heliotrope, tonka bean and musk.

Mona di Orio Les Nombres dOr Ambre, Cuir & Musc can be found now at Premiere Avenue in France, 110 each for 100 ml Eau de Toilette.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Mona di Orio - Les Nombres dOr

Thanks for sharing this.

To me, the Cuir sounds most interesting of the lot.

I'm intrigued by both Cuir and Ambre, especially as the cedar listed in Ambre is Atlas cedar, quite a different note from most cedars in fragrances.

Eau de Toilette?!!! What gives?

I don't suppose these actually have any meaningful connection to the golden ratio?
    Spray it, dont say it
    WARDROBE

Cuir should be a HIT!
    I definitely need to try it! (or blind buy)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

PaulSC: Sure there is, 1.618 Oz in the bottle.
    Last edited by shifts; 8th July 2010 at 11:19 AM.

I ran into these today and sampled Cuir, which was the one I had zeroed in on. I was expecting something like a spicy, resinous, animalic leather but got an ashtray. Really linear ashtray overflowing with ashes and cigarette butts. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I ran into these today and sampled Cuir, which was the one I had zeroed in on. I was expecting something like a spicy, resinous, animalic leather but got an ashtray. Really linear ashtray overflowing with ashes and cigarette butts. Yikes.
    Why am I not surprised? I've always found her creations to be horrendous takes on certain olfactory themes and wasn't expecting these to be any better. Btw, was there any sickening wax-like accord in Cuir? This made the EDPs complete deal breakers for me.

I didn't notice any waxy accord...

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    How odd... my experience with Cuir is a very different one.

To me, it started with a sense of forest green, which became rather balsamic, smokey, dark with hints of smoked woodchips, leathery with a suggestion of the actual tannery. There is even a fleeting moment of tobacco leaf that I detected.
    I enjoyed it very much, so Trebor, don't go writing it off yet

Alright, I'll give it another go to make sure...

I've just posted an expanded overview of all three fragrances on my blog here.

I had a chance to try al three recently and while all are good the Cuir is excellent. In fact I'd go so far to say it's the best leather I've tried and I'd put it ahead of, for example, PdE's Cuir Ottoman. It's a true leather without any sweetness and not at all cloying like many traditional leather fragrances. LuckyScent is supposed to be carrying the trio very soon and Cuir will definitely be a buy for me.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post

To me, it started with a sense of forest green, which became rather balsamic, smokey, dark with hints of smoked woodchips, leathery with a suggestion of the actual tannery. There is even a fleeting moment of tobacco leaf that I detected.
    I enjoyed it very much, so Trebor, don't go writing it off yet

Agreed ! I find this to be a sleeper. When I initially put it on I was stunned by the smokiness. As time went by I was intrigued by the depth and masculinity that it gives off. I don't smell much leather at all just tobacco and incense. Towards the drydown a hint of leather comes into play.

One review online mentioned that this is what Sycamore should smell like. I agree.

I am contemplating buying a full bottle. Why ? This will be "the" tobacco scent that I have been craving for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Agreed ! I find this to be a sleeper. When I initially put it on I was stunned by the smokiness. As time went by I was intrigued by the depth and masculinity that it gives off. I don't smell much leather at all just tobacco and incense. Towards the drydown a hint of leather comes into play.

One review online mentioned that this is what Sycamore should smell like. I agree.

I am contemplating buying a full bottle. Why ? This will be "the" tobacco scent that I have been craving for so long.
    Interesting. I think this is the only Nombres d'Or scent I haven't tried, mainly because I figured I didn't need another leather in my collection. Now it's made the sampling list!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Same here. Yes, it is smoky but nowhere close to the foghorns released by, say, Lonestar Memories and Patchouli 24. The fragrance strikes as quite simple and a tad too linear but it is still somewhat satisfying If you're into castoreum-centered compositions.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

today I revisited Jacomo de Jacomo and found some similarities between JdJ and Cuir on top notes, sure Jacomo is not so "bold", deep and smokey, let say its MdO Cuir "light" version.

Quote Originally Posted by aquariuz View Post
    today I revisited Jacomo de Jacomo and found some similarities between JdJ and Cuir on top notes, sure Jacomo is not so "bold", deep and smokey, let say its MdO Cuir "light" version.
    I totally agree. This is what Jacomo de Jacomo wanted to be. However Cuir is several steps ahead. I wouldn't say that CUIR is the light version at all. There is nothing light about.