Code of Conduct

Thread: concealer?

Default concealer?

which concealer is best to hide the dark circles under eyes in every way? which one do you use?

Default Re: concealer?

The only one that has ever worked for me was the original Bobbi Bown Eye Brightener. I have very dry skin and everything else I have trued settles in creases and makes me look wrinkly instead of tired. Until I find a repacement I'm sticking with tired!

Any suggestions would be aprreciated. (I have very yellow toned skin) The only other thing I have tried that came close was Givenchy Mister Light but it's hard to come by over here.

My sister swears by that Shiseido concealer wand-like thing.

Well I have the dark circles from hell, plus deep set eyes.

The pen things are useless for anything but slight darkness.

So I use Bobbi Brown eye brightener to start all over the eye area, then in the corners a brand called Christopher Drummond. In truth nothing will really bring the darkness up to the level of the rest of your skin tone. But remember you are the one worrying about it not other people.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

Oh, my new discovery - Dior SKINFLASH Radiance Booster Pen - comes in three shades- excellent for under circle eye problems.

Donna- the Bobby Brown product is very good
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

thanks guys! i will have to check which one suits me best.

YSL Touche Eclat ..... so Im told , ehem

Please recommend a concealer for very dry undereye skin. I have to admitt that even YSL Touche Eclat and Bobbi Brown are too dry for me, the fine lines are always more pronounced. I need a creamy, shiny and lasting thing but what????

Well what you can do is. Mix a little eye cream in with the concealer as you apply it. Mixing on the back of the hand and then applying to dark circles. The thing is if you don't powder the concealer it will run as the day goes on. Making the wrinles/lines around the eyes worse. Make sure you have a good eye cream on your eyes as well.
    DONNA

Banned

I use Lancome's concealer. This one isn't dry at all:

http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/co...effacernes.htm

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Alicka61 View Post
    Please recommend a concealer for very dry undereye skin. I have to admitt that even YSL Touche Eclat and Bobbi Brown are too dry for me, the fine lines are always more pronounced. I need a creamy, shiny and lasting thing but what????
    Alicka - you may want to try the Dior Skin Flash. I wear it for exercise and teaching . I sweat buckets with no running of the product at all. I don't wear any powder. I stopped using powder about 3 years ago as it just aged me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I am a former YSL makeup artist, and while Touche Eclat may slightly cover circles, it isn't effective at being full-coverage. Touche Eclat is a brightener, in addition to being a shadow diffuser. The only concealer that YSL has, is in stick form, and needs to be set with powder, like many other concealers, which leads to lines and wrinkles looking more prominent. I have used just about EVERY concealer on the market, and in my opinion, the best one is Maquicomplet by Lancome. It offers a full coverage, without the need of a powder (because it is not greasy and it sets into place on its own). It comes in the form of a wand, and I am simply fond of it! Give it a try.

Guerlain Precious light!!!! Amazing!

The best concealer all times Cle De Peau .
    Still I can praise - Chantecaille Total Concealer.

For dark blueish circles - Bobbi Brown Corrector in any shade that suit you. Amazing. I have heraditary super dark circles, and the only thing that works is the BB corrector with some BB concealer on top.

Look up gossmakeupartist on youtube and search for his concealer/dark circles vids. He's amazing.

For me, the only concealer that works is Chanel Lift Lumiére nr 10. This is against all rules, as this has a warm colour, and a concealer shall be could. But it is the result that matters!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I too have dark undereye circles and the only concealer that has worked for me thus far is Soap & Glory's Kick Ass concealer pallette, only £10 too!

Highlighter Concealer brush by Terry de Ginzberg. She was the woman behind Touche Eclat and her now own range *by Terry* has an incredible concealer or just a brush you can put on your skin to brighten. Have had this brush for a couple of years and you only need the smallest amount. A lot of her products contain rose oil, orchid oil and are very soothing.

regards

sea roses
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

I use the Clarins one that comes in a stick. It's easy to apply and the results look natural.
    I always have dark circles, so concealer is a must for me.

A bit of a late reply, but ...

have you ever tried Skin Food Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream [see review here]. I have bought it having read a couple of reviews and it was quite cheap (even incl. shipping from Southeast Asia).

I must say, the quality is amazing. It reminds me of Bobby Brown's pots or Eve Pearl's salmon concealer. It has a great coverage power and it moisturizes the sensitive area and does not look cake-like.

Honestly, I've tried about 20 other concealers incl. Givenchy, YSL Touch Eclat, ArtDeco (which was one of my favorites; similar to Kryolan), Stila, Urban Decay, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Biotherm and even Maybelline Age Rewind.

The only problem with Skin Food is that they have only two shades. I'm NC25 and the darker shade, I think it's 23, works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by svit View Post
    The best concealer all times Cle De Peau .
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Roses View Post
    Highlighter Concealer brush by Terry de Ginzberg...
    I agree and another great alternative is Christopher Drummonds' concealer + saude pele. These work together to conceal and brighten the area.

Laura Mercier. Neiman's. Not too expensive - I think $25.

Quote Originally Posted by noelia View Post
    Guerlain Precious light!!!! Amazing!
    this is a good brightener - you might need brightener plus a concealer if you have deep set eyes and dark circles due mainly to bone structure - concealer alone won't give good results, if that's the case. I really like this Guerlain product and I've used everything mentioned in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Madame du Barry View Post
    I use Lancome's concealer. This one isn't dry at all:

http://www.lancome-usa.com/makeup/co...effacernes.htm
    This is a fantastic all purpose concealer. The best part: it's waterproof, so it stays put and lasts for several hours. Also, the ivory shade is great for pale skin tones. Sorry about sounding like an advert, but this stuff saves the day.

I am going to mention Hourglass, shade Pearl. Many, many, many reviews claim it is better well much cheaper but as good as the Cle De Peau. The company do not have a loose powder and state you can get away without powdery over it. I am using at the moment and really liking it.
    DONNA