Code of Conduct

Default Scentmonkey International Shipping Frustrations

Apologies to the administrators of the forum if I have posted in the wrong place, feel free to move my thread to the appropriate place in the forum. This issue is still fresh. Would like to share my sentiments.

I ordered from Scented Monkey and the final bill showed international shipping to New Zealand to be $9.99 USD. With the final bill I made the transaction.

I was surprised to know that a customer service officer e-mailed me and said that, "Unfortunately, we were informed of an additional shipping charge of $15 by DHL. We request you to pay the additional charge before we ship the order. Please let us know how will you proceed with this order. We apologize for the inconveince caused."

Need I say more?

After making the transaction, THEY TELL ME THAT they want extra money for international shipping only AFTER?

I'm not sure if you fellow Basenoters have experienced what I have experienced, I am feeling so frustrated now.

I just wanted to buy some fragrances to add to my collection....

What a pleasant experience...
    Last edited by Marshmellow; 8th July 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Default Re: Scentmonkey International Shipping Frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Apologies to the administrators of the forum if I have posted in the wrong place, feel free to move my thread to the appropriate place in the forum. This issue is still fresh. Would like to share my sentiments.

I ordered from Scented Monkey and the final bill showed international shipping to New Zealand to be $9.99 USD. With the final bill I made the transaction.

I was surprised to know that a customer service officer e-mailed me and said that, "Unfortunately, we were informed of an additional shipping charge of $15 by DHL. We request you to pay the additional charge before we ship the order. Please let us know how will you proceed with this order. We apologize for the inconveince caused."

Need I say more?

After making the transaction, THEY TELL ME THAT they want extra money for international shipping only AFTER?

I'm not sure if you fellow Basenoters have experienced what I have experienced, I am feeling so frustrated now.

I just wanted to buy some fragrances to add to my collection....

What a pleasant experience...
    This is rather old however just wanted to let you know that USPS does not allow to ship perfumes anymore and therefore all companies use DHL/UPS/Fedex and as you might have guessed, it is a bit pricey.

I hope this helps.

Es.

p.s. I do not work for this company, just thought you might be interested to know that.

Default Re: Scentmonkey International Shipping Frustrations

Just use essentialmall.co.nz....theyre based in Melbourne and have a flat shipping rate of $9.95

I ordered 3x frags from FrangranceX.com on 18th november, and am still waiting for the order to arrive....they don't track it and have no idea if it's in transit / customs / stolen by the postie.

Essentialmall will courier to your door, usually within 10 days of ordering.