Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Narciso Rodriguez- ( EDT vs. EDP vs.Musc Oil ) -Comparison

There's never been a thread dedicated to comparing these 3 variations of Narciso Rodriguez so I figured I'd start one.

I have the EDT & Musc Oil only. Waiting on the EDP I just bought from a BN member so I can't compare all 3 just yet, should have it within a few days

My thoughts

EDT: - very strong at first, needs a good 2 hours before I feel comfortable in it. Then the top harsh notes dissapear and the heart and base smell just terrific. Very warm and musky, but still has that masculine note still there.

EDP: - more pleasing top notes then the EDT, not as harsh and settle in in the first 1/2 hour or so, but are still present throughout and keeps the masculine edge. Heart & base is slightly more amplified then the EDT. My favorite out of the bunch.

Musc Oil: - Pure Luxury! Top notes of the EDT are gone, and you have basically the heart and base amplified. Love it, no need for a 2 hour drydown - but wish it projected a bit more.... wears very close to the skin.

Chime in with your thoughts guys !!

EDIT: - added EDP review
    Last edited by md1grwl; 27th September 2010 at 01:27 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Narciso Rodriguez- ( EDT vs. EDP vs.Musc Oil ) -Comparison

Love the EDP, like the EDT, don't think much of the oil
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

OP, what you said, except I hate the base of the EdT. It goes extremely bitter on me, and it's just not a nice smell, as you can read of in my review in the directory. The oil is magnificent through and through.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

musc Oil by farrrrr, superb, the EDT top notes are too bitter for me.

quick update - I love the Musc Oil's smell, but I'm finding it sorta short lived. 3-4 hours then its very faint... I read it wears close to the skin, but this is more close then I was hoping for! hmmm.....

anyone else with thoughts on this?

I think it just wears very very close to the skin, but on me it did last. This is often the case with oils. I also wonder if it's one of those scents you quickly get habituated to. Interested to hear the opinions of others...
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I love all three! I wear the musc oil on skin, both under clothes and places like the neck behind the ear. I actually get tremendous longevity out of it, but there isn't much sillage to be said. Usually, I'll spray a shot of the EDP to satisfy my sillage desire, then let the oil do the rest.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I love all three! I wear the musc oil on skin, both under clothes and places like the neck behind the ear. I actually get tremendous longevity out of it, but there isn't much sillage to be said. Usually, I'll spray a shot of the EDP to satisfy my sillage desire, then let the oil do the rest.
    i'm going to start experimenting with layering the oil & edp / oil & edt to get better siliage...

I am using and happy with the EdT and only now the Oil version .

Was the EdP not limited ?
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

The edp version is now 'returning' to most stores in small numbers.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    The edp version is now 'returning' to most stores in small numbers.
    any update on this?

I don't really like the Narcisso Rodriguez for Him EDT enough to use it. I tried to like it but the whole profile leaves me with a cold almost depressed feeling, but I really like the minty musk aspect of the base which brings me to Narcisso Rodriquez Musc for Him (the oil). I love the scent of the NRMfH oil which gets right to what is good about Narcisso Rodriguez. The light sillage is not a problem for me as I don't really look for big sillage in any fragrance. It is long lasting but very close to the skin and thats fine for me. I don't like how difficult the oil is to get out of the bottle and to put on - but I deal with it. Have not tried the edp but I am looking for it to test.

^^ there's a great deal on the Musc Oil in the for sale section

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256...ry-Mugler-BMen
    Last edited by md1grwl; 28th September 2010 at 01:38 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love the Musc Oil, despite its low sillage. Beautiful musk, like Buzzlepuff said. It is one tenacious scent.

I tried to like the EDT but threw in the towel early.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

The oil is beautiful and has great sillage and longevity on my skin. One drop is all it takes and it will last 24 hours. Actually one of my colleague commented once when I wore it to work (one tiny drop) - in a bad way, so I don't wear it to work anymore. Still, it's on my top 5-list.

anyone know where to buy the Musc Collection EDP ?