Code of Conduct

Default Do you like any Old Spice (original) type frags (& if so, which ones)?

I'm talking about highly blended frags with a lot of notes, which are at least somewhat powdery and have some sort of animalic note. Lately, I've found myself enjoying two such frags, M. de Morabito (in the aftershave form) and Colours by Alexander Julian, a lot more than I thought I would. I haven't tried any version of OS in a long time, except for a 1960s Lime version of it, and that one doesn't last very long (a few hours at best). I'm curious to know about other frags like this. My guess is that the new OS version is way too crude for me, so I'm in no hurry to try it.

Default Re: Do you like any Old Spice (original) type frags (& if so, which ones)?

I do like, even if it's quite passe to say that on Basenotes, the original formulation (1937) of Old Spice

However, I would love it if there were more designer and niche equivalents to the fragrance notes found in Old Spice Original

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you like any Old Spice (original) type frags (& if so, which ones)?

I find Diptyque's L'Eau to have a similar feel to Old Spice, but it might not interest you as much, because it's a bit simpler than OS.

You'd probably enjoy Santa Maria Novella's Melograno, which has a dark leathery spicy woody musky powdery floral feel that's ridiculously nuanced while keeping that traditional OS barbershoppy vibe.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

This is a very personal opinion, but I can get some analogies between Zizanie and Old Spice.