Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle

From nstperfume.com:

Christian Dior will launch Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle in September. The new fragrance for women is a floral variation on 1998′s Hypnotic Poison, and is fronted by actress Monica Bellucci.

The notes include jasmine, heliotrope, bitter almond, caraway, tuberose, ylang ylang, orange blossom, green stems and leaves, vanilla orchid, sandalwood and musk.

Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle will be available in 50 and 100 ml, concentration unknown.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: New Fragrance: Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle

Basenotes Plus

This sounds like it's worth trying, I like the red/purple hue of the bottle.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

It will be released in September!I can't wait to buy this one
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sur la Plage

I knew you would like this news Duc.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I knew you would like this news Duc.....

Sur la Plage

More info (from Fragrantica.com):

Dior is presenting new composition, Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle, which gives a whole new magic of aromas. This extraordinary perfume hides precious nectar the dark side of which is familiar only to its perfumer.

Its flacon announces an attractive and seductive composition which will not be completely revealed. The first edition of Hypnotic Poison is built around sensual and lush aromas of Sambac jasmine, sweet heliotrope, bitter almond, cumin, as well as fascinating and very special vanilla.

Sweet and gentle vanilla takes us back to beautiful childhood memories, but is at the same time a true volcano of passion which triggers a storm of feelings.

Perfumer of Dior - Francois Demachy went back to base of botanic original of vanilla, and exchanged the original version by a new, more floral edition of Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle.

"Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle overcomes boundaries between five senses and leans on exploring relation between sight, smell and taste..." - Francois Demachy.

The new flacon presents a completely new approach to Dior's poisons with transparent ruby red glass which stands for a light and sophisticated beauty who enchants with her powers. This beautiful flacon hides mysterious nectar.

Just like a lover who reveals secrets of the woman who is in his heart, Francois Demachy is in merciless search for harmony inspired by nature and exploration. He believes that vanilla orchid is the most sensual of all. Colourful and elegant floral petals have 1001 faces of eternal femininity.

Velvety soft petals of vanilla orchid surrounded with fruity aromas revive the scent of vanilla and add a lively frame which is not complete without Damascus rose. Instead of Sambac jasmine, Demachy includes ylang-ylang extract, while orange blossom absolute adds a full and gorgeous sensual note. To create impression of tasty fruit notes, this composition uses tuberose and vanilla, while green leaves and stem carry the scent of freshness. A base of Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle incorporates creamy trace of sandalwood and musk, which are as harmonious as a woman's siluette.

Eau Sensuelle is like a flight to seduction offered by classic Hypnotic Poison with irresistible floral expression with accentuated sensual notes. Advertising face of Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is Monica Bellucci decorated and surrounded with orchid flowers.

Advertising campaign is signed by creative director for make-up by Dior – Tyen. He wants to highlight purple orchid petals with fiery red details and nuances of marshmallow.

The new seductive fragrance by Dior - Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle is available as 50 and 100 ml, as well as 100 ml spray deodorant from September 2010.

I hope it's as fabulous as it sounds!

Basenotes Institution

Oooooooooh.......* falling over *. Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

OK, you have me ready to try this one.

"Poison is built around sensual and lush aromas of Sambac jasmine, sweet heliotrope, bitter almond, cumin, as well as fascinating and very special vanilla." petruccijc

The only note that concerns me is the cumin. Sometimes cumin can kill afragrance for me, but we will see.

Annick Menardo created Hypnotic Poison in 1998 and it was distictive creation...Men can easilly wear Hypnotic Poison.
    This one is totally irrelevant version of the original one. Less distinctive, too sweet, more feminine in a bad way.
    Last edited by DreamerII; 13th September 2010 at 10:49 AM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Ive tried this a few times in the last couple of days... there is a rather leathery aspect to this release, but the jasmin, vanilla, almond aspects are prominent. As far as how it stacks up to the original HP: it is a bit more delicate. This being said, I would likely be more inclined to wear Eau Sensuelle over the original, if I were to choose.

Basenotes Institution

Dimi - leather ?! Fabulous and more delicate /understated ,you say ? I really can't wait to smell this one. I adore Monica Bellucci too .

Yes Mimi, just before the basenotes kinda kick in, I sense a delicate bittery leather-like accord. It may be in part attributed to the almond. Eau Sensuelle is really rather well done. Dior fans can look forward to sampling it.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Dimitri - I really am looking forward to this flanker though I am not a 'flanker fan' !