Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Default Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    I recently received a bottle of Sublime Vanille that I ordered from a reputable online retailer. When I received the bottle I noticed that the sticky tape that holds the base of the box to the top of the box had been opened. There are 2 pieces of tape and they had been folded back so it really looks like someone has opened the box.

    The bottle itself looks fine but with a spash bottle someone could have always tampered with the juice and you may never know.

    Do you think I should keep the fragrance or try to return it?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Maybe they opened the box just to check the bottle, since it is a splash they have to make sure that the bottle is in perfect condition before shipping it.

  3. #3
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Yeah, many retailers do this when you purchase a flacon with a stopper in the top. They commonly leak during transit, so retailers will open them to secure the top and ensure that the bottle hasn't already leaked. Just ask them if this is their common practice.

  4. #4
    Dependent Davem81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,397

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Yeah, many retailers do this when you purchase a flacon with a stopper in the top. They commonly leak during transit, so retailers will open them to secure the top and ensure that the bottle hasn't already leaked. Just ask them if this is their common practice.
    I can vouch for this, having had it happen to me...!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Guys I have decided it must go back for piece of mind! I've packaged it up ready to go, I hope they don't have issue with this!

  6. #6
    Dependent naylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Seriously ... just ask them first if they opened it before sending. Most, if not all, online retailers are doing this nowadays with flacons. It's usually written within the policies on their website even. Plus, if it leaks on the return shipment, then you're liable for that. Just something to consider.

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    82,543

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    Guys I have decided it must go back for piece of mind! I've packaged it up ready to go, I hope they don't have issue with this!
    If it makes you feel better, then by all means do so. This way you'll be 100% happy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    This
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If it makes you feel better, then by all means do so. This way you'll be 100% happy.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    I didn't realize you could purchase the Royal Exclusives from non-authorized retailers.
    Seasonal favorites:

    1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    10. Creed - Royal Oud

  10. #10

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Seriously ... just ask them first if they opened it before sending. Most, if not all, online retailers are doing this nowadays with flacons. It's usually written within the policies on their website even. Plus, if it leaks on the return shipment, then you're liable for that. Just something to consider.
    And then they will claim it's because you opened the box/bottle. Catch 22.
    Current Top Ten:
    1) Polo Crest
    2) Chypre Palatin
    3) 34 Boulevard Saint Germain
    4) One Man Show Gold Edition
    5) Kouros (Vintage)
    6) Mamluk
    7) Tobacco Vanille
    8) Interlude Man
    9) More than Words
    10) Ungaro II (Vintage)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I didn't realize you could purchase the Royal Exclusives from non-authorized retailers.
    It's from an authorised retailer but still cautios it could be a return.

    I will take my chances and return it as I'm really not happy it's been opened even if it's their policy. I have ordered direct from Creed before and never opened. Its too expensive to not feel commutable with.

    Thanks for the replies!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Without evidence for the product not being what you ordered it would be most honorable to keep it. You already said they are a reputable retailer so unless you really don't mean that then there is no reason to not be happy with your purchase.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    It's from an authorised retailer but still cautios it could be a return.

    I will take my chances and return it as I'm really not happy it's been opened even if it's their policy. I have ordered direct from Creed before and never opened. Its too expensive to not feel commutable with.

    Thanks for the replies!
    Are you suggesting that Creed is tampering with their own product? Maybe you mean that one of the employees tampered with it. Just to be clear are you saying that they replaced the juice? Diluted it? What exactly are you accusing them of?

  14. #14
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13,283

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Maybe buy from a bricks & mortar store next time ?
    Creed are famous for 'irregularities'.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

  15. #15

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Are you suggesting that Creed is tampering with their own product? Maybe you mean that one of the employees tampered with it. Just to be clear are you saying that they replaced the juice? Diluted it? What exactly are you accusing them of?
    As it was not sealed anything could have happened, probably not but there is always the chance. I was most concerned that it could have been a return and the customer may have used a bit and topped up with water or something like that. It's been packaged up now and is being sent back in the morning.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    Without evidence for the product not being what you ordered it would be most honorable to keep it. You already said they are a reputable retailer so unless you really don't mean that then there is no reason to not be happy with your purchase.
    I should not have to keep a product that is effectively second hand as it had been opened. It was not honerable for the store to send it to me like that in the first place!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Maybe they opened the box just to check the bottle, since it is a splash they have to make sure that the bottle is in perfect condition before shipping it.
    This.

  18. #18
    Basenotes Junkie Wheatstraw2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    848

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Yet another episode - reported here on a weekly basis - in the comic opera of men trying to buy luxury goods the same way they'd buy replacement wiper blades. Which is to say, online and as cheaply as possible.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    Yet another episode - reported here on a weekly basis - in the comic opera of men trying to buy luxury goods the same way they'd buy replacement wiper blades. Which is to say, online and as cheaply as possible.
    How have I tried to get it as cheaply as possible when it's from an authorised stockist? I'm just not happy it was opened as with splash bottles people could have tampered with the juice.

  20. #20
    Basenotes Junkie Wheatstraw2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    848

    Default Re: Creed Les Royales Exclusives Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    Maybe they opened the box just to check the bottle, since it is a splash they have to make sure that the bottle is in perfect condition before shipping it.
    Not acceptable, in my view, unless they inform you ahead of time that that's their routine procedure. One of the decant places was doing this with attar bottles. And it was right there on the page. Something like "this line has leakers and, be aware, we're going to open the box before we sell it to you to make sure we're not sending you a leaker".

Similar Threads

  1. Creed Les Royales Exclusives Gilded Edition.
    By mercutio in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10th January 2014, 05:35 PM
  2. Creed Royal Exclusives now in 1 oz?
    By RedRaider430 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15th May 2012, 08:56 PM
  3. Creed "LES ROYALES EXCLUSIVES" Now Available In 30ml
    By Apep in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16th April 2012, 05:36 PM
  4. Creed's Royales Exclusives available soon in smaller sizes?
    By nervosa1901 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th August 2011, 06:21 AM
  5. Creed exclusives
    By zztopp in forum Missing Fragrances List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th July 2009, 05:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000