Code of Conduct

Question Johji Yamamoto Mens/ Womens - 1996 Release v/s 2013 Release ?

Last edited by david; 11th August 2014 at 09:23 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Johji Yamamoto Mens/ Womens - 1996 Release v/s 2013 Release ?

I can say only for Yohji Homme 2013. It's not 'worse', NOT diluted, but it's another scent at all, although it still has similar vibe with 1996 version. Spicy & gourmand, I like it so much. For my nose, the old juice feels more 'yummy', while new version is more 'rounded'. Many people claims to its longevity issues, but as for me it's just great as original. I think it's a silage that differs in these two versions. 1996 version has very strong top & heart, while new version has more pronounced and detailed drydown. By the way, new version made in France, not UK as previous mid-2000's reformulation. And it has an Oakmoss extract in the ingredients. Verdict: both 1996 and 2013 versions are great, both are boozy spicy, but different enough to have both.
    Last edited by 2q2bstr8; 3rd August 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Know nothing about the women's version but I have the original mens and have been able to try the latest mens release and agree that while it shares a similar vibe, still pretty different to my nose.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I own both versions of Yohji Homme. I wore the original a lot when it came out (kept a small bottle that is still wonderful) and I have nearly finished a 100ml bottle of the new one.

Very happy with the re-launch, it isn't as 'full' as the old one but it is very similar, the immediate recognition is there in terms of scent profile. I just sprayed a couple of blasts of each on my left and right arms again as I write this and they identical for the first hour or so from where I'm sitting - this is as good a remake as anyone could hope for, I think.

I bought a few extra bottles in Tokyo last month - it's great to have this one back.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 3rd August 2014 at 01:52 PM.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Thanks for your views on this one.
    The women's does sound pretty intriguing as well, containing a very "unusual" green note.Would be interested if anyone here has tried/ owns the womens version ?
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

I tried it briefly in Tokyo, there are actually five (?) for women, you can see them on the Yohji website, and one is a re-issue, I think. I did grab a sample of the other masculine to bring home but really Yohji Homme is the only one I was ever interested in, going all the way back to when they first came out.

A couple of hours later since my post above, BTW, the difference is more apparent - the old one has a creamy drydown, the new one is very nice but a bit more 'bouyant', or 'green' . . .
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov