Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Aramis Havana Reissue

I was able to purchase a bottle today at Macys. I have been wearing it all day. I am well versed in the both original Havana and Reserva. I can say with certainty this is the exact same fragrance as the original. I was a bit surprised that it hadn't been changed as I was expecting the worse - but well, miracles do happen, I guess.

Dependent

Default Re: Aramis Havana Reissue

Thanks for sharing. Finally, some wonderful news.

Oh man.....do you know you've unraveled the greatest mystery to hit basenotes in recent times.....

Thank you for clearing this up...

Though I am not a fan of Havana, I hope this info will please a lot of members here.

AromiErotici

Damn !!! I wanted to hear it sucked the big wazoo and was hoping the schmucks who are misdirecting it away from the retailers would be stuck with a whole lot of garbage bottles. Damn !!!

K, now I have a mission: Go to Macy's ASAP and try this fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    K, now I have a mission: Go to Macy's ASAP and try this fragrance!
    Race ya!

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Oh man.....do you know you've unraveled the greatest mystery to hit basenotes in recent times.....

Thank you for clearing this up...

Though I am not a fan of Havana, I hope this info will please a lot of members here.
    Not a fan of Havana? Damn! I thought Havana is pretty much a fragrance that you can just walk in and walk out with and live happily ever after. Not so? Should I just buy it if there is no tester? Second thought...

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke View Post
    Not a fan of Havana? Damn! I thought Havana is pretty much a fragrance that you can just walk in and walk out with and live happily ever after. Not so? Should I just buy it if there is no tester? Second thought...

mate...go ahead and buy it...if you don't like it...you have a ready market for it on the board

I called Macy's at South Coast Plaza and the lady said nada, zilch Havana. What's up? What Macy's did you guys go to?
    Last edited by LuckyLuke; 19th September 2009 at 06:13 PM.

Dependent

...if you don't like it...you have a ready market for it on the board
    Absolutely!

As a newbie, that is fantastic news. Now I get to try and potentially acquire this fragrance which is so well thought of here by very experienced member.

Yet it's not on the Macy's website... Strange...

AromiErotici

I believe Aramis only produced 210 bottles for the relaunch.....and promptly sold 180 of them to ebay sellers before they hit the shelves.

Question Re: Aramis Havana Reissue

Quote Originally Posted by auee View Post
    As a newbie, that is fantastic news. Now I get to try and potentially acquire this fragrance which is so well thought of here by very experienced member.
    I completely agree. I as well am very excited by the chance to sample the famous Havana. Everyone was worried if it was terribly reformulated as what Hermes did to Bel Ami.

However, the question remains, as lousy as Macy's is, and given the Great Recession, which Macy's carry Havana?

TJ

I posted this on the other Havana topic about 2 days ago:

'I was at the South Coast Plaza today and only planned on trying L'Instant Guerlain, Rive Gauche, Heritage, Tiffany for Men, and Habit Rogue at Nordstrom. Noticed they had all the Aramis relaunch except for Havana. I asked the SA about it and she said that was discontinued for quite some time and that they never got any new Havana shipment.

so after test spraying those 4 and wanting to wait for the dry down I decided to go to the Macy's men store to look at clothes. Walked pass the men's fragrance section and for the heck of it took a look at the Aramis collection behind the wooden glass cabinet... didn't see Havana...sigh.

Walked pass a gentlemen SA that handed me "The One" test card... I kindly rejected the offer and he asked me if I needed help looking for anything? I was hesitating but then out of my mouth... "Ummm yeah... you wouldn't happen to have the relaunch of Aramis' Havana would you?"

The SA raises his eyebrow and was silent for about 5 seconds... "I think we do.... let me check for you sir."

I see him go behind the counter and see him peaking in the wooden glass cabinet. He says "Hmm... I.. don't see..." I was thinking oh well guess if Saks, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrom doesn't have it why would Macy's possibly have it ...

"Oh wait. Here it is... in fact we just got this shipment in today." He takes it out and I'm thinking no way is it Havana... then he hands it to me.... and my gosh it is indeed Havana! It was hidden behind one of the wooden part of the glass that covered the front of the box!

I asked him if he had a tester... (foolish of me I know...) he said no...then he stares at the box and then to the other SA and then the box again and asks me to wait while he goes to talk to the female SA. I overheard "Lets hope he decides to pick it up".... comes back to me and says. "Well guess we can open this one and test it out"

So the gentlemen SA opens it and I'm dying with anticipation to try it on my skin. He sprays it on the card and I take a smell... hmmm I ask if I can get it on my forearm. I smell it again with a strong woody rum tobacco opening and told him that I'll let it settle and come back later.

This is where I have to apologize to the rest of the BN'ers as I never got the chance to test out the original Havana so I cannot compare the two. I have only read its legendary status at Basenotes as a frag to try once in your life time and it seems to be 2nd most sought after discontinued frag.

So I continue to shop for clothes smelling my forearm every 10 mins... top notes still really strong. After 50 min I decided to take a break and sat down to smell the cards and the rest of the frags I tested on my skin to decide which 2 frags I will pick up for the day.

Smelled Havana again.....woody tobacco still going strong but the rum was not as strong as it was the first spray and I smell vanilla and patchouli now in the mix... this is a man's fragrance. The thought of what I read on the forums about how those Ebayers are buying them out and overpricing them and me refusing to pay those ridiculous prices. I hurry back to the store and the SA sees me and says "The dry down is nice isn't it?" With a big smile on my face I told him thats why I'm back for. He goes and grabs me a new unopened Havana. I give him the money and thanked him and went on my way to Tiffanys. I must say I got really lucky to buy one today because I'm going back to my country in 2 days and there is no way they are going to carry the Aramis relaunches there.

Apologies for writing this much as I like to go into details especially at the excitement of getting Havana.

In short:
    - Havana smells wonderful
    - Did not smell the original Havana so cannot compare with the re-release.
    - There was 4 Havana's in the cabinet (2 now since I bought 1 and the other one is now a tester but you can probably ask him to sell you the tester for a cheaper price). 3 JHL's for those that can't find that either.
    - There is now a tester of Havana in the Macy's Men Store in Southcoast Plaza so get sniffing my fellow SoCal BN'ers!
    - Rest of you guys may want to call or stop by your local Macy's or Macy's Men Store this week to check on stock.

Updated post:

I'm grateful to the SA for opening the new sealed Havana to let me test it. If he didn't this would have been my 2nd time making a blind buy. First being M7 off the net since they do not sell it in California. Both are excellent frags that I look forward to using when the weather gets colder. I think evening would be best suited for both frags though I will still use them during the day since they practically last all day.

Edit: its 12:27am here. Been 7+ hours now since I sprayed it on my forearm and I can still smell it. A slightly lighter, sweeter, warm, tobacco, vanilla, musk thats still a in your face smell. So I think one to two shots max is all I will need for this sexy manly beast to last me all day. I cannot wait until it gets colder to bring out Havana's true potential.

Oh and on a side note. I have slightly dryer skin so frags won't last on me as long as for those who have oily to regular skin. I did moisturize before heading to the mall though so that helped my longevity. I'm going to go ahead and not wash my forearm only to see if I can still smell the Havana in the morning. Oh yeah and the SA gave me a sample of Azzaro Chrome, Mugler Cologne, and Usher UR. I gave the Azzaro Chrome to my friend. Usher UR to my 13 year old nephew and kept Mugler Cologne for myself lol.

Edit 2: Woke up this morning at 9am and can still smell the Havana on my forearm but its now more close to skin but can still get a whiff of it while typing on the computer.'

Hope this helps for those that are still looking for Havana in stores or at least curious of how it smells like. Sorry I can't compare with the original Havana as I have never smelled it. However I do love this re-issue.
    Last edited by VelvetDon25; 19th September 2009 at 06:11 PM.

Not all Macy's carry Havana. I stopped into the recently opened Macy's in Allen, TX and the store did not have any of the reissues. A helpful SA thought that it may be getting the fragrances in for Christmas, late Oct. There are other Macy's near me and a Neimann Marcus so I will try to make the time to see if any of these stores has Havana. At least for today, I was unsuccessful.

The three Macy's by me didn't have it... I'd love to know the thought process of some of the higher-ups at the EL sales and marketing division...

AromiErotici

Please.....don't get me started.

I really dislike the way greedy, hoarding buyers grab every bottle they can ruining it for other people, or that's the way it sounds so far. Not saying all do it but the few that do really have a nerve!

They do the same at every launch of a computer games console as well.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    I really dislike the way greedy, hoarding buyers grab every bottle they can ruining it for other people, or that's the way it sounds so far. Not saying all do it but the few that do really have a nerve!

They do the same at every launch of a computer games console as well.
    I think you have to ask yourself how they manage to get away with it in the first place. An insider job, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I think you have to ask yourself how they manage to get away with it in the first place. An insider job, perhaps?
    I will take all the 89 bottles you have in stock, please. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Yes it is strange why it happens. There are a lot of people really wanting to try this scent and the way its being unwrapped leaves one feeling short changed and annoyed.

Hopefully there will be more bottles flowing around the market place giving some others a chance to try this anticipated scent out, here's hoping!
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 20th September 2009 at 12:04 AM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

AromiErotici

My sources tell me that there are only 40 bottles left to be spread out among 619 retail stores. 35 of them are testers.

I suppose that ,outside Basenotes,the magnitude of greatness of Havana,is not known and then not appreciated.for me,it is hard to believe that buyers from all over the States went hunting for the (initially few) bottles available...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    I suppose that ,outside Basenotes,the magnitude of greatness of Havana,is not known and then not appreciated.for me,it is hard to believe that buyers from all over the States went hunting for the (initially few) bottles available...
    more like 'hoarders' than buyers, it seems.

I just think it's a matter of time as the stocks are replenished and the supply improves.

This is some great news, I'll be getting it soon

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    It is those damn Basenoters again!

Actually, I called my local Macy's and after either being transferred to a telephone which nobody picked up or having my called dropped 5 times, finally a women told me she had never heard of the Aramis Gentleman's Collection nor did she know anything whatsoever about it.

The race is on between Macy's and Dillard's as to which department store I hate the most.

I want to sample Havana!

TJ

The Macy's stores in Sacramento, CA do not carry Havana either.

Ok fellow basenoters, I bought the bottle of Havana today at south coast plaza in Costa Mesa
    CA, And I have to say This does not I repeat does not smell like the Original Havana! This is like Havana light! I had 3 bottles Of the original, Man I really am dissapointed, from memory I remeber A totally different smell, Im not saying this doesnt smell nice, But I would say it smells ok, I know everyones excited about this release as was I, I actually drove 80miles round trip just to get this, I think I will but it up for swap or sale 3 squirts missing cap and box! If anyone wants to swap or buy please offer somthing reasonable based on supply and demand.

You know I think I may have put my foot in my mouth to soon Im here at work at 4am, left my house at 1am, before I had left I sprayed some Havana on. right away I asked my wife what she thought she said smelled like cleaning product! I should have waited at least 10 minutes before asking her because man Havana opened up on me somthin nice! The Tobacco is dead on, along with the Rum, does have A little sweetness almost vanilla like, I guess you can say it is bottle worthy, But man I still think its A little lighter than I remeber, All and all its still A damm good fragrance, to me the tobacco note kills C&S CUBA.
    Last edited by ANGIESDOEBOY; 20th September 2009 at 11:15 AM.

Since ur really want to get rid of that bottle, why dont u sale it for RRP ? =)
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    Ok fellow basenoters, I bought the bottle of Havana today at south coast plaza in Costa Mesa
    CA, And I have to say This does not I repeat does not smell like the Original Havana! This is like Havana light! I had 3 bottles Of the original, Man I really am dissapointed, from memory I remeber A totally different smell, Im not saying this doesnt smell nice, But I would say it smells ok, I know everyones excited about this release as was I, I actually drove 80miles round trip just to get this, I think I will but it up for swap or sale 3 squirts missing cap and box! If anyone wants to swap or buy please offer somthing reasonable based on supply and demand.
    This is exactly what I was afraid of, despite the other poster said that it was exactly like the original. It was too good to be true. Hell, I was going to go to South Coast today, if it wasn't for the UFC thing (Franklin sucked, btw). Scratch that off of my schedule for tomorrow. I will probably pay the extortion asking price on Ebay to get the original Havana just to see what all the fuss about.

Ok fellow basenoters, I bought the bottle of Havana today at south coast plaza in Costa Mesa CA, And I have to say This does not I repeat does not smell like the Original Havana! .
    I totally disagree.

You know I think I may have put my foot in my mouth .
    I totally agree.

I think it is vital to be able to compare the new juice side-by-side to the older juice. Memory is simply not a reliable entity. Keep in mind that I compared my recent purchase side-by-side or shall I say wrist-to-wrist with two other bottles of Original and three other samples from The Perfumed Court. The new juice from Macy's IMO smells exactly the same as the older stuff.

I also have two bottles of the Reserva - now that IS a bit more boozy, rummmy and heavier in the opening.

Don't forget Original Havana was never discontinued World Wide (production was halted in the US only and perhaps some other countries). My conjecture is they did not reformulate it; had no cause to - as it has never stopped continual production.
    Last edited by neal; 20th September 2009 at 06:34 PM.

I tend to agree. Aramis as a company has been good about not reformulating their fragrances.

Macy's in Chicago (State St.) has the whole lineup. They only had one JHL which she opened as a tester. They had many bottles of all the others - Havana, Devin, 900, New West, and Tuscany. I will be picking up Havana and JHL.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post

I think it is vital to be able to compare the new juice side-by-side to the older juice. Memory is simply not a reliable entity. Keep in mind that I compared my recent purchase side-by-side or shall I say wrist-to-wrist with two other bottles of Original and three other samples from The Perfumed Court. The new juice from Macy's IMO smells exactly the same as the older stuff.

I also have two bottles of the Reserva - now that IS a bit more boozy, rummmy and heavier in the opening.

Don't forget Original Havana was never discontinued World Wide (production was halted in the US only and perhaps some other countries). My conjecture is they did not reformulate it; had no cause to - as it has never stopped continual production.
    Last edited by dmarino67; 21st September 2009 at 09:45 PM.

I simply will not pay above retail price for any scent and particularly one which is now in production again. Let the hoarders drink it rather than buy it from anyone of them.

We will see it on the shelves in the near future. Do not forget that it is almost October and pretty near to when the stores start stocking up for the Christmas retail season. So I would be speechless if Havana is not in stores for sale before Christmas in sufficient quantity.

Saw it on the Saks website. Anybody check at the actual store?

Sur la Plage

Seems like there are some differing opinions on this: http://community.basenotes.net/showt...=235087&page=3
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yep, I visited the above link and I am not sure that JaimeB was wearing the old or was able to compare it to the old because it wasn't mentioned in his review and as it was pointed out above, unless you can compare the two...side by side, you memory screws with you!!! This has happened to me too many times to count. I will try something on only to be disappointed with what I remember and then I try it on side by side with an old bottle only to be proved wrong. This happens a lot with old "powerhouse" scents. You remember it knocking your socks off and so when you smell it again, years later, you are disappointed! Well, until you try it side by side with an old bottle. That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Yep, I visited the above link and I am not sure that JaimeB was wearing the old or was able to compare it to the old because it wasn't mentioned in his review and as it was pointed out above, unless you can compare the two...side by side, you memory screws with you!!! This has happened to me too many times to count. I will try something on only to be disappointed with what I remember and then I try it on side by side with an old bottle only to be proved wrong. This happens a lot with old "powerhouse" scents. You remember it knocking your socks off and so when you smell it again, years later, you are disappointed! Well, until you try it side by side with an old bottle. That's my two cents.
    I agree. Also even when you try them side by side you are comparing it to a scent that is 10+ years old.

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    I agree. Also even when you try them side by side you are comparing it to a scent that is 10+ years old.
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing as well. Sometimes a fresh bottle of juice needs a little time to wear itself in, so it may smell fresher and lighter at first. But, hey, I'm assuming JamieB was already aware of this.
    Last edited by Trebor; 22nd September 2009 at 09:36 PM.

Nordstrom now has Havana you can order on line today 09/22/09

Nordstrom now has Havana you can order on line today 09/22/09

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3063622?...=searchresults

You can return anything at Nordstrom. So if you want to try this, this would be a good opportunity...

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    You can return anything at Nordstrom. So if you want to try this, this would be a good opportunity...

You mean one can open a cellophane sealed cologne and then spray it and if one does not like it, return it to Nordstrom for a refund?

You mean one can open a cellophane sealed cologne and then spray it and if one does not like it, return it to Nordstrom for a refund?
    Yes

When Nordstrom first opened, they wanted to be well known for their customer service. One story I heard was that a customer put that premise to the test by bringing back a used set of tires (which they don't sell), and low & behold, they took them back!

I have brought back opened fragrances in the past... Of course, check with the SA or the website, to be 100% sure, but from my experiences it shouldn't be a problem...

Basenotes Plus

I just ordered a bottle. I have many bottles to compare it to, including Reserva, and will report back as soon as it arrives.

People should not be so quick to compare juices
    I would imagine it would take at least a week of side by side wearings to figure out if it is the same or not
    same applies to the M7 issue
    the new juice probably has better/longer lived top notes which may give the fragrance a "lighter" feel
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

I just ordered 3 bottles of Havana from Nortroms website. Thank you folks, for the heads up. Just like some of you have said: I can always take them back if this is indeed the "watered down" version of the original, because I just love the original Havana.

Am I the only one more concerned that Aramis 900 has been tampered with?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    Am I the only one more concerned that Aramis 900 has been tampered with?
    There should be plenty of Aramis 900 vintage bottles available online, no? Same with Devin, New West, Tuscany, & JHL...

Does anyone here think the drydown is kinda similiar to Knize Ten?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    There should be plenty of Aramis 900 vintage bottles available online, no? Same with Devin, New West, Tuscany, & JHL...
    Exactly - online and in-store. And you can find them for < the amount of the "new" bottles.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 23rd September 2009 at 09:43 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

LLuke, hope you get ur new-Havana soon. Please report back asap . I wonder when its on fragrance online shop like fragrancex or fragrancenet so i can order if they are similar
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Off-Scenter

OK, so I now have in hand a bottle of the "new" Havana, and have run a preliminary comparison with my vintage bottle. My conclusion? Drumroll, please!....

So far, Havana appears to be relatively "intact."

Spraying new and vintage Havana on my left and right arms, respectively, I think I pick up a slightly brighter, more acidic citrus top note in the new bottle, and that seems to impart a subtle prickly edge that distinguishes the newer bottle's contents for the first hour or so of wear. However, diminished top notes are a common phenomenon in vintage fragrances, and I have no idea how old my vintage bottle of Havana is. (I think I purchased it in 2007.)

As a further test, I sprayed each bottle on to one of two identical, unmarked test strips. I have been sniffing them intermittently for the past few hours, and do not detect any significant differences. I'll need more time with the two to feel certain, particularly as to their long-term drydowns, (Havana lasts well for me,) but my initial impression is that Aramis has not mucked around too much with Havana. Hurrah!

Note: There is no oakmoss on the new bottle's ingredients list. I have not dug out the box for my old bottle, but does anybody recall whether the vintage Havana contained oakmoss? (A few of the alleged allergen-baddies, including eugenol, citronellol, and isoeugenol, are listed on the new packaging.)
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 26th September 2009 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    ...awesome news...

Thanks for that Vibert!
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Exactly - online and in-store. And you can find them for < the amount of the "new" bottles.
    Got to admit that the "old" bottle is much cooler than the standard issue "Tuscany" bottle.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Basenotes Plus

No oakmoss listed in the directory for Havana.

AromiErotici

Here's the listed notes from ScentDirect :
    http://www.scentdirect.com/genealogy.php?scentID=857
    Apparently oakmoss is in the basenotes.

"Each bottle costs about $48.
    The Gentleman’s Collection By Aramis is available at Bergdorf Goodman this month of September. Macy’s, Dillard’s, Saks, Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdale’s, and Neiman Marcus will distribute it by October."

I like Tuscany and really want to buy this but want to sample it first. Just have to be patient but it is
    good to hear that the formula has not been altered.

Blog Entries

Good experiments, and your conclusions seem to fit all the facts. Reproducible, too. Although Vibert can detect a possible difference, it's most likely within the amount expected for an aged scent, and I would say that it's also expected due to the high precision of his nose.

I will have no trouble springing for this, even if the jury comes back in favor of a slight oakmoss difference.

I was able to purchase a bottle today at Macys. I have been wearing it all day. I am well versed in the both original Havana and Reserva. I can say with certainty this is the exact same fragrance as the original. I was a bit surprised that it hadn't been changed as I was expecting the worse - but well, miracles do happen, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    OK, so I now have in hand a bottle of the "new" Havana, and have run a preliminary comparison with my vintage bottle. My conclusion? Drumroll, please!....

So far, Havana appears to be relatively "intact."

Spraying new and vintage Havana on my left and right arms, respectively, I think I pick up a slightly brighter, more acidic citrus top note in the new bottle, and that seems to impart a subtle prickly edge that distinguishes the newer bottle's contents for the first hour or so of wear. However, diminished top notes are a common phenomenon in vintage fragrances, and I have no idea how old my vintage bottle of Havana is. (I think I purchased it in 2007.)

As a further test, I sprayed each bottle on to one of two identical, unmarked test strips. I have been sniffing them intermittently for the past few hours, and do not detect any significant differences. I'll need more time with the two to feel certain, particularly as to their long-term drydowns, (Havana lasts well for me,) but my initial impression is that Aramis has not mucked around too much with Havana. Hurrah!

Note: There is no oakmoss on the new bottle's ingredients list. I have not dug out the box for my old bottle, but does anybody recall whether the vintage Havana contained oakmoss? (A few of the alleged allergen-baddies, including eugenol, citronellol, and isoeugenol, are listed on the new packaging.)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Good experiments, and your conclusions seem to fit all the facts. Reproducible, too. Although Vibert can detect a possible difference, it's most likely within the amount expected for an aged scent, and I would say that it's also expected due to the high precision of his nose.

I will have no trouble springing for this, even if the jury comes back in favor of a slight oakmoss difference.

I did not so much pick up a brighter, more acidic top note as rather the older bottles were just ever so slightly more subtle in the opening, and this differed slightly from vintage sample to sample; which I did not bother to comment on as the volatile top notes are often entirely gone from vintage bottles. My bottles range from the mid to late 90's. I think we should all take a moment to reflect and rejoice ;') on all this as it is rare for a fragrance to be reissued at all - let alone reissued with no reformulation. Now if they would just stock those store shelves so you all can see for yourselves...

FYI The ingredients on my vintage bottle's box - alcohol denatured, havana fragrance (parfum), water (aqua purificata), purified ILN2246.
    Last edited by neal; 26th September 2009 at 05:45 PM.