Code of Conduct

Default Storing Samples: a couple of questions

Do you have any method or madness to how you store your fragrance samples?

Sometimes when I have ordered from The Perfumed Court, they have put my samples in these small decorative rectangular boxes. I find them to be useful for organizing samples. But where does one buy these little boxes? I tried looking online earlier today and didn't have success.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Storing Samples: a couple of questions

I have a box filled with poly pellets (the little pellets used to fill bean bag stuffed animals.) You can get them at crafts stores in the section for doll making supplies and they cost about $7.99 for 2 lb.

You stick the vials upright into the pellets, which support them. You could just as easily use rice or any other granular substance instead of the pellets.

As to boxes, I have not gotten boxes from TPC but I do have a few boxes that wrist watches came in and they are good also for storing small vials upright.

I borrowed one of my mom's old makeup holders. It looks sort of like this, only there are three compartments instead of only 2 and its black.

The highest compartment is currently testing fragrances, the second is for things that I have put off for later use, and the bottom is for ones I don't like.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Institution

I bought some small plastic storage boxes from Staples which work really well- but they are stored lying down. I like 30 Roses' idea. That and the possibility of using florist's green to hold samples.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I store the vials upright in small poly bags, stacked next to each other inside a not-too-deep box; in alphabetical order of the house name. I think keeping them upright is very important and I love 30 Roses' idea too. I also make sure they're properly labeled. Sometimes I'll put more than one vial, sometimes more than one house, inside the same poly bag.

I've never thought of this as an issue. I just throw them into a split ash basket similar to this one http://www.mbpi.org/Pictures/images/...h%20Basket.jpg that my mother made for me.

It's never occured to me as important to store them standing up but, now that I look, I actually tend too.

Basenotes Institution

Yes, I am going to get some florist 's green - you know that spongey hard stuff they stick the stems in- I think that would work for keeping the samples upright. But the plastic boxes do work well even though the vials are lying horizontal.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.