Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Non-niche fragrance with a strong/atleast noticeable caramel note?

like the title says, im looking for a non-niche (i find niche over priced and simply unnecessary for my fragrance needs) fragrance. i barely smell any in A*Men, and the only other ones i know are Bond No. 9 a.k.a. not in my price range

Default Re: Non-niche fragrance with a strong/atleast noticeable caramel note?

I don't know about a caramel note in A*Men but if you're generally looking for the sweet/candy variety, you might want to try these. They're all moderately priced:
    Lolita Lempicka au Masculin: Praline note
    Rochas Man: Mocha/sweet vanilla
    Hanae Mori HM: Very sweet vanilla and lemon creating a chocolate accord
    Caron 3rd Man: slight caramel accord
    Slightly more expensive:
    Zenzero by I Profumi di Firenze: Very sweet burnt vanilla/caramel note with ginger at the top.

I get a caramel note from Vermeil - Vermeil. It's a quality, although inexpensive scent. The caramel is there although not in a gourmand frame.

http://www.amazon.com/Vermeil-Men-To...8731482&sr=1-1

Blog Entries

i feel like caramel is actually just a sort of vanilla, like there isnt "caramel oil" as far as im aware

Ted Lapidus Altamir, for sure. Very inexpensive as well.

Givenchi Pi is the one that immediately springs to mind.

Also, Herrera for Men.

A*MEN, caramel isn't the only strong and noticeable note in this one.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Sur la Plage

Aquolina Blue Sugar - look no further.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th July 2010 at 11:12 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Joop! by Wolfgang Joop... strawberry chupachups in my opinion.

Basenotes Institution

Ultrared Men by Paco Rabanne. But, you must like orange, as UM has loads of it mixed with the carmel-y praline note. Dangerously sweet.

Lush Vanillary has an interesting combination of vanilla and caramel notes. At first you notice a creamy vanilla, and then you detect on it`s base a burnt caramel base, something that is gourmand but not sickening. This is so yummy and leaves a great sillage (people may want to bite you. my sister always wants to bite when i wear this one...) I think it costs 30 dollars for 30ml spray and 10 dollars for 10g solid fragrance. I have the solid fragrance, and it has a great sillage and longevity.

The description for Lush Vanillary in the uk site:
    Vanillary Atomiser
    Simon Constantine created the comforting vanilla scent with natural vanilla absolute - the posh stuff made from vanilla pods - with a touch of restful sandalwood and a note of burnt caramel. So it was no surprise that it didn’t take our customers long to ask for a perfume of the same sweet scent. Well, we went one better and created a liquid and solid fragrance, a massage bar, dusting powder and of course we have our lovely Bath Ballistic, which set the ball rolling in the first place.

Indifference smells like caramel to me.