Code of Conduct

Default L'air du Temps - parfum

You can find 10 ml. purse sprays of L'air du temps parfum discounted at a very reasonable price..

It's interesting to me the quality of the juice. Is it the same juice which goes to Lalique bottle and which you can buy in Harrods - 33ml 290.00?

I like most of classics, but usually nowadays they are made with super cheap ingredients
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: L'air du Temps - parfum

Unfortunately, some of the ingredients that made old L'Air du Temps so wonderful are now not allowed. The current edt is just a shadow of its old self, and I can't imagine the parfum is as nice as it once was. I have not smelled the current extrait...but personally I would not buy any without trying it first. On the other hand, they probably do save the best ingredients for the lalique flacons, so it might very well be lovely. I have bought vintage L'Air du Temps in both parfum and edt, and neither seems to hold up well. Sad to say goodbye to an old love.

p.s. I'm sorry that didn't answer your question! Just commiserating here.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 10th July 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: L'air du Temps - parfum

OK. I ordered L'air du temps parfum after finding Octavian's thoughts about the scent:

First of all, there are 2 l'air du temps - since the beggining ETD and extrait have some differences - one is aldehydic the other one not.But I will not say that the reformulation is a desaster - there are not so much inside the formula to be changed as it was with Mitsouko. But maybe the best person to answer this question would be somebody who wore all his life l'Air du Temps. For me, the perfume is still there, maybe weaker but not unrecognizable.

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...tic-years.html
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel