Code of Conduct

Default What am I missing? (1000th post!)

It's been almost 15 months since I joined BN and my plan of spending only $100 for few bottles has totally failed as you can see from my wardrobe. I find this hobby to be quite unstoppable as the experience of trying different scents is much enjoyable. Along the road I've learnt many new things and also got to know many great people on the board. I'd like to thank everyone here for that.

Now, I realize that I'm still a newbie in this, so I'd like to get suggestions on my wardrobe. What am I missing? Any missing category?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: What am I missing? (1000th post!)

Congratulations!

How about some other Chanel fragrances - Something from the Les Exclusif line (Coromandel, Sycomore) or the women's line (No 5 Eau Premiere, Coco, No 19).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't see any Creeds in your wardrobe. I'm not a Creed fan, but from their range it's impossible not to like something.
    I would also recommend you try: Creed, Costume National, Parfumerie Generale, By Kilian.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Congratulations!

How about some other Chanel fragrances - Something from the Les Exclusif line (Coromandel, Sycomore) or the women's line (No 5 Eau Premiere, Coco, No 19).
    Excellent suggestions! His wardrobe is very extensive and diverse - but just a tad light on Chanels, and that fact doesn't just jump right out.

And yes - big congrats! You have a heck of a wardrobe for 1000 posts.

Also wondering if you've fully explored The Different Company and L'Artisan - two of my faves with strong lineups.

Very impressive wardrobe. You might try adding some classic eau de colognes. Roger Gallet Extra Vielle and Guerlain's EdC are two of my favorites. Some of the older, quirkier Creeds would be a nice addition. Overall, an impressively comprehensive collection. Congratulations on post 1000!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ... but just a tad light on Chanels.
    Not to mention the Diors; only one, 1!
    You need more Diors ... badly!

Thanks, Guys. Yes, I've got Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere in my wishlist. It's too bad that it'd have to be a blind buy, but so far I've been satisfied with most of my blind buys. Re: Diors, I haven't found a must have in the masculine line so far, but I'll try them more and also the feminine line. Chanels ad Diors are quite expensive here (esp. Chanels as they're not officially available here).

Re: Creeds, I've tried OV, GIT, SMW, Himalaya, Orange Spice, Erolfa, and Jasmal. I haven't found a must have Creed, but I'd like to sample more from them. Re: L'Artisan, I find most of the line are too subtle. TDC is interesting and maybe I'll get another FB from their line.

Congratulations on your 1,000th post. A few major houses that i don't see either on your "own" or "tried" lists are Caron, MPG, and Lorenzo Villoresi.

Sur la Plage

I would also suggest checking out the Parfums de Nicolai and Comme des Garcons lines.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread