Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default heaven of Chanel No 19 parfum

my good female friend opened a new bottle of No 19 parfum...and oh my...it's miles away from edt and edp...
    You can feel the luxury of ingredients, smell the Mai rose..

No 19 parfum is one of a few perfume legends which survived and maintained the highest qaulity of materials...

is there a point to buy f.e. Madame Rochas or Rochas Femme for 15 - which are the shadows of the shadows of their past beauty...

it's interesting to me, what are the perfumes (usually in the parfum form) that retained their quality of ingredients and beauty?...
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) F. Malle 1-19 2) Chanel Bel Respiro 3) TF Noir de Noir 4) Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel 3) Dominique Ropion

Default Re: heaven of Chanel No 19 parfum

If Chanel can maintain the quality of their classic woman's frags, why can't they do the same for their entire man's line? I'd pay a Chanel price for a well-made version of AHS or PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    If Chanel can maintain the quality of their classic woman's frags, why can't they do the same for their entire man's line? I'd pay a Chanel price for a well-made version of AHS or PM.
    it's a good idea..they could relaunch Bois Noir...

By the way, what is wrong with Pour monsieur? I think it's perfect..
    Last edited by DreamerII; 10th July 2010 at 09:21 PM.
    Real beauty: 1) F. Malle 1-19 2) Chanel Bel Respiro 3) TF Noir de Noir 4) Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Post Thanks / Like

The truth is that Chanel reformulates regularly, just like most other companies, and their classics are not the same. Fragrances in general are less rich nowadays, and this also applies to the Chanels.

Vintage No 19 is smoother, deeper, more resinous and bitter than the current.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    The truth is that Chanel reformulates regularly, just like most other companies, and their classics are not the same. Fragrances in general are less rich nowadays, and this also applies to the Chanels.

Vintage No 19 is smoother, deeper, more resinous and bitter than the current.
    Yes...but nevertheless, they still use Mai rose and not aromachemicals....and some reformulations do not affect general quality

it's hot summer day and No 19 didn't last very long...but it's utterly beautiful

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not smelled the 'new' No. 19 parfum, but the vintage is GORGEOUS. The aldehydes aren't so sharp, and they way they blended with the green notes, florals and vetiver is genius. I find that if I apply some to my earlobes (just a dab) I can smell it all day. I enjoy it in hot weather, but I am interested in wearing some from my sample in cold weather too. I think it will smell a bit different, I'm hoping.

I have the current formulation of Chanel No. 19 in the eau de parfum. I truly enjoy this as it is a safe scent and can easily be worn at work. The current version of the EDT does not last long enough on me to bother.

I understand the older version had much more leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I enjoy it in hot weather, but I am interested in wearing some from my sample in cold weather too. I think it will smell a bit different, I'm hoping.
    Chanel No 19 gets a lot crisper, colder and fresher in colder weather IMO. More aloof.
    Last edited by tott; 12th July 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I was sprayed copiously with No.19 parfum extrait when I was abroad and it was fantastic - mutli layered green and so much tenacity . I don't find it short lived at all. It's all I smelt, all day .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 12th July 2010 at 10:18 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

So I just received my no. 19 parfum today. The bottle is so tiny ($100) that it could fit in the coin pocket of my jeans !

I have a little bit on my wrist and at first I though "what garbage I can barely smell anything". 15 minutes later I smell a rather dense fragrance with very little sillage.

The real test for me is to put some on my chest after a shower. Afterwards a good sweat will let me know even more.

This is a splash bottle with a rubber stopper. I much more prefer sprays.

I've fallen in and and out and back into love with the EDT. The PARFUM at first smell shares very few characteristics with the EDT. Most noticeably the BOOZY white wine vibe that I get from the EDT is gone. Replaced by a HEAVY floral green....more stinky concentrated floral than green.