Code of Conduct

Default Anything similar to Green Jeans?

Versace's Green Jeans is the one that lead me to Basenotes.

I was nearly heart-broken when I lost my bottle and the search for a replacement led me here. Unfortunately, this scent is associated with a very bitter-sweet time in my life and I find myself turning away from this scent more often then not when I desire it.

Are there any that are similar to this gem so that I can get my "fix" without the emotional baggage? The closer the better, but I wish to explore any relations to this fine scent.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Anything similar to Green Jeans?

Hmm, if i recall it correctly its a pine-heavy frag, no?
    If so, then you might want to check out Pino Silvestre.
    I really should dig up my mini of green jeans...

If you want to go in the herbal direction and leave the pine behind, there is Baime. I prefer GJ, though, and because of that, might swap off my Baime at some point. Cuba Green is herbs and citronella on a base similar to Pino Silvestre (mild woody/amber).

Thanks for the suggestions. I have Pino already. IMO it has a more pine tar smell whereas Green Jeans is more soapy.

The Baime sounds good but is out of my price range at the moment. Maybe I'll get a sample at a later date.

Cuba Green sounds worth a try. I've been curious about the Cuba line for a while now. I just haven't tried any yet.

I've never smelled anything like Green Jeans. You'd have to mix something like Pino/ Polo/ Blenheim's Bouquet/ Agua Brava with an approrpriate green citrus scent to get the same effect.

Good luck, but I suggest you'd be better off scouring the internet for the original Green Jeans.
    Renato