Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: I want to buy my first Creed, help me out a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    dude... try Creed Himalaya... seriously. it's a great "starter-Creed", satisfies your parameters, and will give you a good feel for the house.
    agreed. I think Himalaya maby is exactly what you`r looking for. It`s great!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    ...a ton more synthetic components in Amouage.. -I`m impressed over your knowledge.
    haha... it sure don't take a genius to recognize that fact!

Oslo, IF you know this Xerjoff brand at all... how does it compare to Amouage, how does it compare to Creed in your opinion? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Oslo, IF you know this Xerjoff brand at all... how does it compare to Amouage, how does it compare to Creed in your opinion? Thanks.
    I have not tried eny of them.. At one point I just have to set a limit. My limit goes with the Amouage price-level! ;-)

OP- just go out and sniff some stuff or buy some samples. Muffin points you to Himalaya which sounds like what you're looking for. Keep poking around in here and reading reviews.

All the frags being discussed here are very high quality.

Addict: The Xerjoff scents are top notch for sure. But I wouldn't get into any debates with anyone about whether it's better quality than everybody else. That feels too much like debating which super hero could beat up other super heroes.

All being disussed here are first rate perfumers.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 11th July 2010 at 11:26 PM.

StylinLA, thanks.

I agree about not trying to establish objective truths or pushing them on anybody's throat.

However, I am not shy about thinking that the best of Creed is, to my taste, way more desirable than the Amouages I've tried. (I also accept some may feel differently or exactly the opposite.)

Once this subjectivity is being assumed, please feel free to comment on Xerjoff vs. Creed etc., not so much in terms of which beats the other, but regarding how they compare - iyo - in terms of perception, notes, ingredients, underlying identity etc. If you feel like it, of course. Thanks.

Paco Rabanne XS. Himalaya with balls
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

If you're looking to acquaint yourself with Creed, and you like Terre D'Hermes, listen to the majority of comments here that said to try Himalaya. The opening is citrus, all fresh and bracing. It then settles down to become spicy, heady and intoxicating. The notes: bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, sandalwood, amber, musk... but top notch ingredients!

I agree with Oslo, 100% .

There's no comparison between Creed and Amouage ( maybe in price ) and Like you Oslo, Creed's my second favorite house behind Amouage.

SAMPLE, SAMPLE, SAMPLE and then make your decision. I suggest you try these from Creed:

Baie de Genièvre
    Original Santal
    Santal Impérial
    - Expect the unexpected

Try Original Santal, but its not too mature.

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    I want something manly but not to mature (i'm 26) - I smelled Green Irish Tweed and wasn't a fan.

I like the spicey notes of Terre d'Hermess if that helps at all...

I also like the zestyness of CK Euphoria (I know, I know.. don't hate on me please lol)

Any Creed frag's that are warm, woody with some spicey zest?

(edit) - I should also say I'm a fan of orientals. I want something with a not too sweet warm woody base and a spicy & fresh top....
    Creed MI
    Creed Bois de Cedrat
    Creed Erolfa

Non-niche, inexpensive, and exactly what you're looking for. Herrera by Carolina Herrera.

Test out Bois du Portugal, but to be honest try out the line if you do not like the scents that is fine you can look elsewhere. Sometimes a frag line is not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    i would also recommend you try virgin island water, while it's not masculine, nor too spicy, it's a must try that you'll most likely fall in love with.
    +1 bdp

Gents,
    The thread is over a year and a half years old. Md1grwl is at least 27 and maybe 28 by now. Has probably long ago made a decision and taken action on it. Probably made several decisions and actions since. Probably doesn't need advice for a first purchase from the house anymore.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.