Code of Conduct
    DeepSilence

Default You don't want to wear Aquatics in Summer?!

I think Aromatics is the best choice, if you want to wear a fragrance for summer, But you don't like Aquatics.
    In this summer i tried two Aromatic: Aramis New West, Creed Silver Mountain Water. I like both of them.
    maybe Jaguar for Men to be suitable for summer. It has fresh notes in it`s combination but it's stronger than Creed SMW & Aramis NW. It's discouninued but you can find it yet.

Another good Aromatics?

Default Re: You don't want to wear Aquatics in Summer?!

Azzaro Pour Homme, Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, Annick Goutal Mandragore, Ulrich Lang Anvers, Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire are very enjoyable this season.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Azzaro PH is very strong in my personal opinion. To me it is not fresh at all, mayhaps only in first 2 min of application. Azzaro Silver Black on the other hand, different story.
    Boss in motion Black - great aromatic stuff. Joop! Nightflight, Cerruti PH great! Hugo Boss Elements Aqua - very interesting don't know really what - woody aromatic? Aromatic fougere? Oriental fougere? Don't know how to categorize it.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Azzaro PH is very strong in my personal opinion. To me it is not fresh at all, mayhaps only in first 2 min of application. Azzaro Silver Black on the other hand, different story.
    Boss in motion Black - great aromatic stuff. Joop! Nightflight, Cerruti PH great! Hugo Boss Elements Aqua - very interesting don't know really what - woody aromatic? Aromatic fougere? Oriental fougere? Don't know how to categorize it.

Sorry, It's fault of Fragrantica.com for bad categorizing.
    For Aramis NW and Creed SMW ... they just wrote Aromatic.
    For example for introduction of these two category, they wrote:
    Aromatic Component: lavender, rosemary, wood
    Woody Aromatic: Aromatic notes with wood
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 11th July 2010 at 12:25 PM.

I wonder what kind of masochists people are who keep pulling out stuff like JPG's Le MÔle on hot summer days. Surprisingly many actually... Personally, I'm reaching for the lightest things I own: Beth Terry Mare, Guerlain Herba Fresca, Guerlain Imperiale, Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien, l'Artisan l'Eau de l'Artisan, Comme des Garšons Odeur 53. Sometimes lighter gourmands like Guerlain l'Instant pour Homme during evenings.

aromatic fougeres work. also woody vetivers. i have high tolerance for most frags in the heat though.

Many spicy, floral, heady fragrances become intoxicating in the heat, and some just get annoyingly cloying... I like vetiver/crisp iris/light florals a lot in the heat, but today I'm enjoying a few spritzes of Korous.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Many spicy, floral, heady fragrances become intoxicating in the heat, and some just get annoyingly cloying... I like vetiver/crisp iris/light florals a lot in the heat, but today I'm enjoying a few spritzes of Korous.
    IMO, Kouros is even more fantastic in warmer weather.

My motto is "Wear whatever you want whenever you want. There are no rules.".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

i dont like true aquatics too, prefer fruity, zesty, citrusy scents to aquatics
    Paul Smith Story, Clinique Happy and C&S Neroli are great hits for this summer for me
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    IMO, Kouros is even more fantastic in warmer weather.

My motto is "Wear whatever you want whenever you want. There are no rules.".
    Amen.

My philosophy? Fight fire with fire - big scents bloom beautifully in hot weather. It'll give your powerhouses big '80s hair, I tell you.

This post has made markedly clear to me the difference between my and others' reactions to fragrances: in the hottest, 100-degree weather I wear 20 sprays of the strongest men's oriental that I have smelled and, still, it seldom reaches my nose. Having always believed that women's fragrances are far stronger than men's, I remain unconvinced that people here are not exaggerating. If women, the weaker sex, can wear florals that radiate dozens of feet in the summer, how is it that much stronger men are brought to their knees by a fragrance only half as strong?
    Last edited by Asmo; 11th July 2010 at 03:34 PM.

I like to wear, with much greater joy than aquatics, non-nonsense barbershop smelling frags like Rive Gauche pour Homme and classic citrus frags like like Eau Sauvage, Versace L'Homme and many more...

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    My philosophy? Fight fire with fire - big scents bloom beautifully in hot weather. It'll give your powerhouses big '80s hair, I tell you.