Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOTD Monday 12th July, 2010

Espana campeones del mundo!

I am wearing Cristobal in Spain's honour.

Last edited by kewart; 12th July 2010 at 09:24 AM.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Monday 12th July, 2010

Happy Week Congratulations to S P A I N

Today i wear a real treasure :Shafali Fleur Rare by Yves Rocher ...discontinued unfortunately...

Fragrance Notes:
    top notes
    Citruses/Floral Notes
    middle notes
    White Flowers/jasmine
    base notes
    Vanille/Resin
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Comme des Garcons Wonderwood.

Notes include Madagascan pepper, bergamot, Somalian incense, nutmeg, Cristalon, Cashmeran, guaiac wood, cedarwood, caraway seeds, Javanol, sandalwood, vetiver and oud.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

ALLURE HOMME
    ÉDITION BLANCHE

Eau de Toilette Concentrée

The scent which did the impossible; opened my eyes
    to the glorious world that is fresh citrussy frags.
    Before this baby, I swore, that I would never be in
    a citrus scent ... now, I own several!

PG Brulure de Rose for a rainy Monday.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Lovely - Sarah Jessica Parker
    Wishlist is pointless.

I'm in this:

I'm slightly embarrassed, but I love it. You can't help who you love, right? I'm almost through my 10ml bottle; fortunately I've sourced a 100ml tester! So I'll never run out. It's perfect for those slightly cooler summer days.

Today I'm in Bvlgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert Extreme. Very refreshing for what is to be another scorcher...

Good morning everyone Today is a mild, but very grey day.I was undecided about which scent to wear today, but ended up reaching for # 19. Happy about my choice Have a nice and smooth start of the week all!

I am in:

Musc et Freesia - E. Coudray

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Carolina Herrera Herrera for Men this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

Antiheros by Etat Libre d'Orange.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

mel_lou, say it loud, say it proud... Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cutie L'il Angel!

I'm in the equally preposterously named Crazy Libellule & The Poppies Vanilla Sucre Glace, another scent that sends me scampering to see if there's a food equivalent, and yay verily, jasmine ice cream does exist. A blob of Chantilly Cream on top and we're good!
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 12th July 2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Morning all!

Finally got my house unpacked, pretty much everything done but hanging pictures. Probably do that this weekend.

Can't tell you how good it feels to have my full selection of fumes unpacked, put away, and organized! This morning I chose By Kilian, Back to Black.

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Plus

Caron Parfum Sacre Intense. "Intense" is somewhat of a misnomer because if anything this iteration is softer and airier than the original. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Versace for me today. On the run. Hope all are well.

I'm starting off the week in L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzing!

Luca Turin describes Dzing! as smelling like vanilla cardboard. I get some sweetness (but it doesn't quite register as vanilla to me) a vague sence of cardboard, and my prediminant perception is of soft leather and dried wild flowers. And despite the circus tigers, candy floss, sawdust etc. notes that have been associated with Dzing!, on me this is an herbaly sweet, quietly animalic, leather skin scent that is quite tame. Life is a circus, but for me Dzing! is a ride on a horse through a sun-soaked meadow.

Enjoy the day everyone!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Oh well Tuca Tuca from Gorilla Perfumes by LUSH.
    DONNA

Hello everyone!

I recently decided to pull out a few fragrances that didn't initially impress me, and some have really grown on me! The one I chose today is Lanvin's Rumeur, a breezy and very pretty floral-woody musk. It's aldehydic and sparkly with graceful florals including rose and magnolia, and super-soapy squeaky clean musks....it actually has a bit of a dryer sheet accord, but it's much nicer than that sounds. And its sillage and longevity are surprisingly remarkable. I would probably wear this a lot in the next couple of months if I didn't have so many other summertime beauties competing for attention (one of the biggest dilemmas of the perfume collector, right?!)...but I'm certainly giving it more consideration now, and I'm sure it'll win out a few times.

Rumeur was created by Francis Kurkdjian in 2006....re-created actually, but it doesn't even pretend to have anything in common with the original from 1934.

Top notes - aldehydes, magnolia
    Middle notes - plum, mock orange, rose, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley
    Bottom notes - amber, patchouli, musks

Y'all have a great day!

Encre Noire, 11 sprays of it.

Have a great start of the week, everyone!
    Last edited by Jasper; 12th July 2010 at 03:36 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Well done,Spain !

This morning it's Poivre by Caron. Have a good new week everyone !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Good morning all!

Hi Lessa! Congrats on getting all unpacked and organized! (the process of moving can be traumatic, yes?!)

This morning I'm in Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, with Jo Malone Orange Blossom cream on top of that, and Aqua Allegoria Angelique Lilas on top of that. I smell surprisingly good! (I don't usually mix or layer, but meant to grab the Lilas and sprayed the Pamplelune instead--trying to work with that is what started the whole experiment...)

Scent of the Evening

TABU by DANA

Eau de Toilette

OK, I have but one question;
    who can anything this cheap,
    be so damn good?!
    It's ridiculous!

KenzoAir.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

AM: Trésor Eau De Printemps by Lancôme
    PM: Carnal Flower
    Late Night: Chanel No. 19

Ferre by Gianfrance Ferre, fruity and soft iris. This is now one of my work staples.

Basenotes Institution

Cologne Sologne by Parfums de Nicolai (first time sampling - thanks bokaba)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

Scent of the Evening

TABU by DANA

Eau de Toilette

OK, I have but one question;
    who can anything this cheap,
    be so damn good?!
    It's ridiculous!
    Cheap in price doesn't necessarily means cheap in smell
    One of my teachers used to say "aspirin is the best medicine that man has found ..cures almost anything ...it costs nothing and can be found everywhere "!!!
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Today i wear a real treasure :Shafali Fleur Rare by Yves Rocher ...discontinued unfortunately...
    It really is lovely, I only have the solid perfume. My only gripe with YR is how quickly they discontinue scents.

Wearing Azzaro Azzura today.

Padparadscha by Satellite today.
    Notes (from Luckyscent):amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    Cheap in price doesn't necessarily means cheap in smell
    Oh, my dear, but it does in this case;
    it smells like a very cheap lady of the
    not so politically correct kind..!
    It's sooo good. Even though it is way
    cheaper than Axe ... amazing!

Basenotes Plus

Wearing Robert Piguet FUTUR today. This was a blind pick out of the cupboard & will not last long before I wash it off. Don't get me wrong it's a beautifulscent, just a bit much in the heat.

I'm going back to Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hi all! I'm awash in Cote d'Amour today. Yum!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Ichor View Post
    mel_lou, say it loud, say it proud... Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cutie L'il Angel!

I'm in the equally preposterously named Crazy Libellule & The Poppies Vanilla Sucre Glace, another scent that sends me scampering to see if there's a food equivalent, and yay verily, jasmine ice cream does exist. A blob of Chantilly Cream on top and we're good!
    You crack me up, Petra, gods love you!

Ah, "Lessa," "home," "perfumes," and "organize" — some of my favorite nouns and verb.

C Rose — your post pelted our peepers with peppy pastels, and I'm positively passionate for it!

Bigarade Concentree. I feel smarter just smelling it.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Today (or for now, anyway-- this scent is very short-lived!) I'm in L'Occitane's new summer limited edition, Verbena Summer Secret. I smelled a sample of it just before its release last week and wasn't going to buy it, but then my husband said he liked it too, so we got the bottle to share.

Really, if it's verbena you want, there are better verbenas out there, the regular L'Occitane Verbena among them. It's the other notes in this (anise, mint, basil, green apple) that brighten up this flanker and make me smile.

Don't think of this as an edt-- it doesn't have any lasting power. Think of it more as a cologne, and plan to bring some along to respray, to cool yourself off. Or as an after-shower body spray or splash-- the cap unscrews. In fact I rather like it as a splash.

Currently sampling Black Orchid on one wrist and L'Air de Rien on the other. And it's hot and muggy. There's a good possibility that I'll fall over and swoon at some point. (Needless to say, I'm working from home today!)

I'm wearing Max Mara today. This doesn't get much attention here at BN, but I think it's really nice for the summer. If you like magnolia, but find it a little heavy for the hot weather, give Max Mara a try. The sap note keeps the magnolia and other floral notes soft, fresh, and a little watery. The sugar cane is sweet but refreshing and a little woody.

Notes: Ginger, Sap, Sicilian Lemon, Magnolia, White Lily, Orchid, Sugar Cane, Musk, Exotic Woods, Cashmere wood.

Shadesofbleu,i love Max Mara...i am going to wear this tomorrow!Thank you for telling about it
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Little Italy by Bond No.9
    Gary

Shadesofbleu - MaxMara sounds perfect for warm weather! Must add to my "test" list...

CRose - I wish I could smell through my computer (your combination sounds wonderful). Wait, did I just sound like a weirdo?

mel_lou
    - Probably just the haze of Monday after a busy weekend, but when I started reading your post, I thought "she's wearing a polka dot bikini for SOTD?" heehee

SOTD for me: Atelier Orange Sanguine

My little sample seems to be lasting a while! I do like this one...refreshing & bright & cheery. Might be FBW...

*Congratulations SPAIN!*
    Last edited by RainDropSparkle; 12th July 2010 at 08:39 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD Monday 12th July, 2010

Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier by Guerlain. The fragrance of knightly virtues.

Basenotes Institution

Creed Jasmal for the afternoon or till I get bored with it !

I'm in my favorite Diptyque Philosykos today. Plan on re-applying more of the same this evening. I may spray some Demeter Thunderstorm as a room spray this evening. We are expected to have storms and flash floods this evening, but hopefully Nashville won't be too flooded this time!

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Today (or for now, anyway-- this scent is very short-lived!) I'm in L'Occitane's new summer limited edition, Verbena Summer Secret. I smelled a sample of it just before its release last week and wasn't going to buy it, but then my husband said he liked it too, so we got the bottle to share.

Really, if it's verbena you want, there are better verbenas out there, the regular L'Occitane Verbena among them. It's the other notes in this (anise, mint, basil, green apple) that brighten up this flanker and make me smile.

Don't think of this as an edt-- it doesn't have any lasting power. Think of it more as a cologne, and plan to bring some along to respray, to cool yourself off. Or as an after-shower body spray or splash-- the cap unscrews. In fact I rather like it as a splash.
    Thanks so much for this review of Summer Secret edition! I tried a wet wipe sample and would like to test in the store. I love verbena (I actually love lemon balm a.k.a. Melissa even more) and would love to have a verbena perfume, and L'Occitane's original verbena doesn't work on me. I adore its notes of lime and verbena on paper, but on my skin it very quickly becomes a sticky mess. This Summer Edition worked better. I know better what to expect though in terms of lasting power, thanks!

SOTM was Passage d'Enfer, beautiful but short lived. It helped me through a conversation with my Mother, nice.
    Now I'm wearing Ma Griffe, vintage, just came in the mail from my earlier eBay purchase. It works!!!!! I'll try to layer it with the new version which I also have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    I'm wearing Max Mara today. This doesn't get much attention here at BN, but I think it's really nice for the summer. If you like magnolia, but find it a little heavy for the hot weather, give Max Mara a try. The sap note keeps the magnolia and other floral notes soft, fresh, and a little watery. The sugar cane is sweet but refreshing and a little woody.

Notes: Ginger, Sap, Sicilian Lemon, Magnolia, White Lily, Orchid, Sugar Cane, Musk, Exotic Woods, Cashmere wood.
    ShadesOf Bleu, thanks for Max Mara tip! I have a sample and now I have a good reason to try it soon! I do like magnolia.

Chamade EDT (Guerlain)

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post

This morning I'm in Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, with Jo Malone Orange Blossom cream on top of that, and Aqua Allegoria Angelique Lilas on top of that. I smell surprisingly good! (I don't usually mix or layer, but meant to grab the Lilas and sprayed the Pamplelune instead--trying to work with that is what started the whole experiment...)
    Ah, Synchronistic LayeringTM... it's a science AND an art. The randomness of it is what is great! LOL - You'll get hooked on it!

Quote Originally Posted by mel_lou View Post
    I'm in this:

I'm slightly embarrassed, but I love it. You can't help who you love, right? I'm almost through my 10ml bottle; fortunately I've sourced a 100ml tester! So I'll never run out. It's perfect for those slightly cooler summer days.
    If you like it, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier by Guerlain. The fragrance of knightly virtues.
    Have we ever figured out if HRBC is the same as HR EDP (or is it PDT?)...

Anyway. My Scents of today:

AM: Guerlain Coriolan layered with a little Vetiver Bourbon and vintage Indonesian Patchouli oil... nummy! (my inner 3-year-old loves it!)

Afternoon: Fading drydown of the above with Mitsuoko vintage EDT on top

PM: Tocade on the left, Fath de Fath on the right, as they came in this afternoon, and I couldn't make up my mind which to try first!

(one more purchase to arrive, vintage Arpege... then it's curtains for the purchasing... as I have a holiday coming up and MUST ATTEMPT FRUGALITY.)

And as usual, Mr. G, your photos are mouthwateringly beautiful!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Hi y'all!

I'm in Cartier's So Pretty edp again. I reported last week that this drives me crazy because the longevity is abysmal - this impeccable beauty just doesn't last long enough for me to fully enjoy. Well, I'm surprised, amazed and thrilled to report that it's suddenly seeming to last for hours! I can't explain it - maybe it's the weather - but I'm loving it so much (and for so long!) that I just advanced it to five-stars. Hooray!

By the way, the green and rosey floral accord on the chypre base in So Pretty is the most similar I've found to the long-discontinued original Calvin Klein for Women from 1978 - no wonder I love it!

Basenotes Institution

For evening - I will be wearing Temple Of Musk by Strange Invisible Perfumes. A wonderful musk perfume .

Vintage Elizabeth Arden Eau Fraiche....think of Bluebell meets Diorissimo. And speaking of Bluebell, I think it's got a serious cinnamon note.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 13th July 2010 at 04:26 AM.

Molyneaux Quartz this morning from a sample, which I couldn't tell if I really liked because it disappeared almost immediately *sigh*.
    This afternoon, more samples that arrived today - Trouble on one forearm and Mitsouko on the other. Probably a mistake...Guess I'll try one or the other by itself tomorrow for work.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Fragrance Notes per Fragrantica:

top notes: citrus, peony

middle notes: rose, osmanthus

base notes: patch., sandlewood;

sounds beautiful and simple: and I'm wearing it tonight after my bath. I think it is lovely. The BN reviews of it are the worst I've seen yet, being referred to as transparent, cheap, arm-pitty, Brittany Spears, grandmotherly, copy-catty, and even rancid lard. Can people really differ this much in their opinions of perfumes??

Any guesses??

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieE View Post
    Fragrance Notes per Fragrantica:

top notes: citrus, peony

middle notes: rose, osmanthus

base notes: patch., sandlewood;

sounds beautiful and simple: and I'm wearing it tonight after my bath. I think it is lovely. The BN reviews of it are the worst I've seen yet, being referred to as transparent, cheap, arm-pitty, Brittany Spears, grandmotherly, copy-catty, and even rancid lard. Can people really differ this much in their opinions of perfumes??

Any guesses??
    Flora by Gucci in one. (laughs)

It doesn't really sound all that bad.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Flora by Gucci in one. (laughs)

It doesn't really sound all that bad.
    YES!! You Got it!!

That, JeanieE, is the beauty of scent. It may smell like a hog's breakfast on or to someone else, but if it smells good on you, it is a GOOD scent!

(smiles)

Hello all, tub-surround tiling has worn me out and I am in dire need of relaxation. So today was my designated relaxation day.

For a day of renewal I chose my dear and reliable Isadora, a fabulous scent, now long gone and relegated to obscurity.

Tonight is Fleurs d'Orlane, a grand (yet modest) floral that everyone should experience.

Hope the week brings happiness to all

Hugs
    Last edited by Brielle87; 13th July 2010 at 04:05 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Brielle, I love, love, love Fleurs d'Orlane. I used to have one in the late 80s and I think I bought another bottle when I finished the first one. I am scared of buying it again because it may smell different due to reformulations, and I have been burned before...
    Have you tried Gardenia Petal by Van Cleef & Arpels? To me it smells similar to what I remember of Fleurs d'Orlane.

Lessa, congratulations on finishing your move, and most important, organizing your fumes!!!

Congratulations to Spain on the World Cup. Although I was cheering for the Netherlands, I think the best team won.

Today I wore Prelude to Love, for my first day of work after 10 days off.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 13th July 2010 at 04:23 AM.
    Evenstar

You are tiling Brielle? You must be sent from Mt. Olympus, the thought scares me. The very idea of me making errors set in grout and DH yelping wildly in the background.....nope. Will have to try that Fleurs d'Orlane!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Have we ever figured out if HRBC is the same as HR EDP (or is it PDT?)...
    Yes, we have figured out that this is the regular edp in a limited edition packaging.