Code of Conduct

Default L'Eau Par Kenzo Indigo

I tried this one tonight, and it reminded me of a cross between the original L'Eau Par Kenzo and Gant Indigo. It had much better lasting power on me than the original L'Eau Par Kenzo had. While I thought this new one to be pretty good, I still like the original one better.

The girl gave me a sample vial to test out at home, which I put in my jacket pocket. But when I checked it on the way home, she'd given me the femme version, not the homme one I'd tested.

Does anybody know the note used in this scent and in Gant Indigo, which gives it the "indigo" effect?
    Renato

Default Re: L'Eau Par Kenzo Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I tried this one tonight, and it reminded me of a cross between the original L'Eau Par Kenzo and Gant Indigo. It had much better lasting power on me than the original L'Eau Par Kenzo had. While I thought this new one to be pretty good, I still like the original one better.

The girl gave me a sample vial to test out at home, which I put in my jacket pocket. But when I checked it on the way home, she'd given me the femme version, not the homme one I'd tested.

Does anybody know the note used in this scent and in Gant Indigo, which gives it the "indigo" effect?
    Renato
    Sorry I don't know which note is supposed to give the "indigo" effect, but to my nose L'Eau Par Kenzo Indigo smells like a mix of Cartier Declaration and the original L'Eau Par Kenzo (I don't know how that Gant scent smells like). This is nice and I'm still considering to buy it...

Where did you this? I know Spehora is supposed to carry it, but I have not seen it at mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Where did you this? I know Spehora is supposed to carry it, but I have not seen it at mine yet.
    Ditto, sounds L'eau Par Indigo sounds like it has a place in my collection from the notes. I'd own the original but its poor longevity kills it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA View Post
    Sorry I don't know which note is supposed to give the "indigo" effect, but to my nose L'Eau Par Kenzo Indigo smells like a mix of Cartier Declaration and the original L'Eau Par Kenzo (I don't know how that Gant scent smells like). This is nice and I'm still considering to buy it...
    Interesting that we both consider it a mix. I can't remember what Declaration smells like.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    At the Myers store in Melbourne, Australia.
    This is interesting, we usually get new scents many months after they're released in the US.
    Renato

well i tried last month, to me is a deeper side of the original water, more herbal at first minutes, very green i think .. then a spicy and fruity base are there, finally i can smell a semi sweet angle of power with a little powdery touch, very very nice kenzo but i think the female version is wonderful and better. the bottle and ad are charming.

I've sprayed it today on my wrist and since I also own Declaration I can confirm the similarity.

I was thinking about buying this one blind. More feedback on this fragrance would be appreciated. The reviews on fragrantica look promising.

I can still feel the smell of it on my jacket sleeve but I am telling that not because I think its longevity is strong but rather to say that this is fascinating scent. I am considering to buy it. In fact I think I like it more than Declaration. There is something old-fashioned and overly romantic in Declaration, that is missing in the Indigo and thus makes it more suited to 21-st century. However I am a little bit worried about the longevity because the smell had practically disappeared from my wrist in about two hours yesterday Indeed I can still detect it on my jacket but because I am straining my nose for that.

I have tried this one today , and this is Cartier Declaration in new clothes . Similarity is strange , i used to own Cartier Declaration and after spraying Indigo one on my wrist it was Deja Vu ..... Shame i was expecting something diffrent , original , new .... Remake with additional special effects ... Btw good longetivity ( much better than the original ) !

Does the Kenzo have notes of body odor? I've read some reviews about Declaration that mention this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Renato
    I've been trying to figure this out as well. It's fantastic
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    I've been trying to figure this out as well. It's fantastic
    Yes, it's pretty good, but I haven't bought it yet.
    The price did come down a little bit during a sale, but not far enough. If it got down to the price of Kenzo Tokyo, I'd buy it instantly. Meanwhile, I've been wearing Gant Indigo more often than I would have.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Well, I used to own a bottle of this and I wasn't impressed. I ended up selling my bottle to a friend who seemed to like it.