Code of Conduct

Default Easiest way to apply pure oil fragrance? Roll ons?

I recentely got Narciso Rodriguez Musc Oil (love it), and I'm already getting frustrated with the messy application. Not to mention it takes for ever applying by finger one dab at a time.

Is a Roll on good for this? Or is the pure oil to 'thick', and roll on's are only good for something thinner like an EDT?

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Easiest way to apply pure oil fragrance? Roll ons?

A lot of attars come in roll-ons - oddly seems to be those marketed for women, the men's usually have a dabber - and they work just fine, even the goopier ones.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Sur la Plage

I would use a roll-on.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

For lots of dabs' worth, I just pour a drop or 2 into my palm and get some on the fingers of the other hand and smear the stuff around where I want it.

If it is really thick, you can stick a toothpick in it and get a nice little glob, wipe the toothpick on your palm, then apply it according to whatever strategy is mandated by the Spirit of Whimsy.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan

If the rollon is one of those cheap plastic balls fitted into the top of a small bottle, I usually pull the rollon off the bottle. When I want to apply the oil I put my finger on the end of the bottle and turn it over and back to put a nice two drop amount on the fingertip then apply it to 4 or 5 places where you want the fragrance to be smelled from. (sides of neck, chest, wrists, hair, anywhere, etc.).

But, lots of these oils come in bottles with glass wands now for applying a swipe or a dot or two. It's just something you gotta figure out I guess. The Amouge attars for instance only need a dot or two from the tip of the glass wand - same with Oriscent oudh oils - so you have to know the strength of your oil.