Code of Conduct

Default My Nephew's Complaint

Walking past a chemist last week, I saw 100ml bottles of Fujiyama Homme going dirt cheap (A$13) so - since I really liked it, as it smells like a cross between L'Eau D'Issey and CK One - I picked up two bottles that I then gave to each of my two nephews.

Yesterday, I asked the elder 16 yo nephew what he thought of it, and he said he had a complaint. While discussing the scent with his 10 yo brother, they'd decided to line up all the scents I'd given them and count them.

It turned out the 10 year old had 30 scents. But the 16 year old complained that he only had 27 - how come he'd missed out?

Does anyone else indulge their sons or nephews in this fashion?

So far, the only scent they've both rejected out of hand is Aramis - claiming it smelled like an old lady scent - apparently it bore some resemblence to something their great grandmother used to wear.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Default Re: My Nephew's Complaint

I trained my Son well in the fragrance dept.....He is a huge fan of The House Of Creed!!! He also likes Bond No.9 but has a special place in His heart for Creed.....In fact.....He has more Creed's than me!!! He will be 30 in November and I do not purchase anything for Him anymore.....At times we might trade but that's about it.....Some of my greatest memories with Him are shopping for fragrance when He still lived at home!!! We took some Great fragrance vacations and those are some of the best memories of all.....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    I trained my Son well in the fragrance dept.....He is a huge fan of The House Of Creed!!! He also likes Bond No.9 but has a special place in His heart for Creed.....In fact.....He has more Creed's than me!!! He will be 30 in November and I do not purchase anything for Him anymore.....At times we might trade but that's about it.....Some of my greatest memories with Him are shopping for fragrance when He still lived at home!!! We took some Great fragrance vacations and those are some of the best memories of all.....
    Gary
    That's what I call great training.

I don't think my nephews are ready for Creed yet. The scent the elder went totally overboard over was an even cheaper bottle of Versace Blue Jeans - he used up half of it in just over a week. And they both love their Cuba Cigars - mainly because they think they're really cool in the way they fit neatly into their pencil cases that they take to school.

Although the elder one is now developing some sophistication - he surprised me by telling me how much he really liked my Armani White - so I have a bottle of that ready for his next birthday.
    Renato

I think your 10 year old nephew has more frags than me!
    How did he use half a bottle of Blue Jeans in a week? I'd be worried about his poor sinuses!
    Its good you got them in the habit of using 'proper' scents early, I'd much rather smell an overdose of Blue Jeans than half a can of Africa.

I know my 'fragrance hobby' has rubbed off on my partners younger brother, he inheritted bottles of Halston Unbound & a mixed bag of samples from me, and I now know he has 5 or 6 bottles. More than most 17 year olds!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I think your 10 year old nephew has more frags than me!
    How did he use half a bottle of Blue Jeans in a week? I'd be worried about his poor sinuses!
    Its good you got them in the habit of using 'proper' scents early, I'd much rather smell an overdose of Blue Jeans than half a can of Africa.

I know my 'fragrance hobby' has rubbed off on my partners younger brother, he inheritted bottles of Halston Unbound & a mixed bag of samples from me, and I now know he has 5 or 6 bottles. More than most 17 year olds!
    Hi Anthony,
    It was the 16 year old who used up half a bottle. When I saw what he had left I said
    "What the hell have you been doing?"
    He said,
    "Hmm Uhmm - well, I really like it"

Fortunately, it was bottle I'd paid $10 for at Dimmeys.

The younger one is far more partial to Cuba Gold - which is something of a Le Male knock off.

Yes, it's good fun imparting knowledge (and scents) to the less knowledgeable family members who appreciate it. I take it Halston Unbound wasn't your thing? I thought it would have been pretty good out in the hot and sunny west.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Unbound smelt like a more floral, watermelon-y Bvlgari Aqua mixed with Issey Miyake. I don't think it was worth me keeping it when I already owned & preferred both of those two.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Unbound smelt like a more floral, watermelon-y Bvlgari Aqua mixed with Issey Miyake. I don't think it was worth me keeping it when I already owned & preferred both of those two.
    If you like Issey, have you tried Fujiyama Homme?
    At $13 at Terry White's, I don't think you'll be too disappointed if it doesn't entirely agree with you.
    Renato