Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default SotD Tuesday 13 July

Morning all! I'm wearing Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange and Tilda Swinton today. Hope you all have a fabulous day!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

YSATIS
    de GIVENCHY

Vintage Eau de Toilette

Rain and thunder are raging over Denmark,
    so finally I can get back to my heavier loves,
    and leave those semi-dull fresh frags on the
    shelf. How I could forget the power of this
    fragrance for so many years is beyond me,
    it's more than beautiful. And back to stay!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 13th July 2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: AAAARGH!!! Edit again ... changed 'doll' to 'dull'.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 13 July

KNIZE'S

KNIZE FOREST

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 13 July

GooD Morning !Wish you all a nice Tuesday

I am in MaxMara Perfume today Sugary floral fresh ...
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good morning everyone I went to see the doctor to check my eye again today, and it's almost all good. Can probably start to read for the exam in a few days.Can't wait because I'm starting to feel a bit restless! Sotd is L by Lolita Lempicka.

I waited too late to post my scent of the day for Monday. So, I guess I'll post it for today since I cmae in at 11pm last night lol. I'm wearing Coromandel. I love this on freshly exfoliated skin. It's heavenly. Have a good day y'all!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I'm in my favourite ever:

I love it all through the year. In the winter it warms me; in the summer it jumps off my skin. *hearts*

Divatologist, I'm wowing over your Coromandel. I can't wait to try that! And ineespenes, congratulations on your eye! That's really good news.
    Last edited by mel_lou; 13th July 2010 at 09:10 AM.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Parfums DelRae Eau Illuminee.

Notes include bergamot, basil, French lavender, wild aromatic herbs, vanilla, tonka bean, and orris.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Guerlain's Vetiver - a most wonderful 2002 edition I found in Corsica. It seems that the green juice version has been changed as often as Mitsouko has in the last ten years...

Cristalle Eau de Parfum - Chanel
    Wishlist is pointless.

H.M Hanae Morie

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermes Bel Ami this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Narciso Rodriguez For Her edp.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

Hello everyone!

With a special "hello" to cello, I'm so happy to report that I'm in Eau des Merveilles by Hermes.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Vintage Blue Grass from the 70s. : - )
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

Dolce & Gabbana Sicily

Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Route du Vetiver (vintage juice) by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post

YSATIS
    de GIVENCHY

Vintage Eau de Toilette

Rain and thunder are raging over Denmark,
    so finally I can get back to my heavier loves,
    and leave those semi-dull fresh frags on the
    shelf. How I could forget the power of this
    fragrance for so many years is beyond me,
    it's more than beautiful. And back to stay!
    Aha, great minds think alike today with a couple of heavy hitters. I chose Dior's Poison, as it just felt like nothing but a sillage monster would do. I know you think Poison is glorious too.

Have a great day, everyone!
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Haunani, talk to me about Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel. I know it's a fave of yours. The heated stench of the first few minutes on my wrists is almost more than I can bear. It's just me, isn't it?

I've sampled FdS before (the perfume, not the feminine hygiene spray of the same initials) and cowered. Last night, in a fit of bravery, I applied some to the top of my hand and held on for dear life. After 20 minutes of an unpleasant smell of black pepper burning on red-hot iron, I began to catch glimpses of a gorgeous floral, as long as I didn't get my nose too close to my skin where the burning smell smoldered on.

I know I'm very sensitive to spices or anything that connotes heat in scent, so I'm curious what others' perceptions are about the top notes of FdS or to hear your guesses as to what note is registering so hot in my nose. Thanks, Peeps.

Notes: rosemary, thyme, clary sage, angelica; iris, rose and narcissus; leather, amber, oakmoss and vetiver.

P.S.
    Sophi, wow, wow, wow, what an image!
    Last edited by Quarry; 13th July 2010 at 02:36 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

AM: Paul Smith Rose
    PM: Attrape Coeur

Basenotes Institution

Scent of the very moment ...but not for long.......Knize 10 . BUG SPRAY!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Banana Republic ~ M.

Black Orchid again for the morning - mmm, spicy!

Have a great day

Basenotes Institution

Back again- scrubbed Knize 10 - now happily in Mitsouko extrait.

Default SotD Tuesday 13 July

DSH's perfume essense oil "Egyptian Musk." more sillage and-or projection than most perfume oils. Bought several samples on her website; trying out her line of "skin scents." they are beautiful! This one seems a tiny bit cinnamin like
    Forever in search of Heartfelt....

Blog Entries

I have a few Diptyque samples to try so I started off with L'Eau on my left hand. Acch! Cloves and cinnamon. Terrible. I'll give it to hubby to try for fun but if he wears it, I hope it won't be around me!

Then I sprayed Do Son on my right hand. Definitely a tuberose, with some green notes and orange blossom. Turns a bit powdery after 45 minutes or so. I will say this: if you are a fan of tuberose, make the effort to try this one. I generally find tuberose cloying; this one is not cloying, because it's less sweet-- but I still don't want to wear it again. It's headed to my give away pile.

When it wears off a bit more, I'll put on something more familiar. I'm done experimenting for the day, LOL.

I'm wearing Dzing! again. Love this fragrance!

Have a great day all.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Chopard Mira-bai

30roses sorry to hear that L'eau didn't like you... I love its cloves/cinnamon overload, though I confess it's more than I could deal with in this heat and humidity.

On Sunday, I went to a place called Essence in Boston, and using a coupon I made an essential oil custom blend! It was FUN... And a complete surprise to me that I fell in love with their night-blooming jasmine EO. I am generally white-flower phobic, as they often go brown, waxy and funereal on my skin - But this one held its deliciousness steady throughout a prolonged skin test. So my custom blend, which I've nicknamed OWL (for "Outing With Laura" a lovely friend who not only accompanied me but landed me the discount!), is my SoTD.

OWL notes: A delicious and surprsingly light combo of white tea, night blooming jasmine, and Tunisian frankincense. Yum!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Good Morning, all! 31 Rue Cambon today. I wholeheartedly agree with Luca Turin - it most certainly has ravishing beauty. Loooove!

Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Want to say THANKS to the guys for sharing and visiting on our SOTD! (Quick count, 16 women, 10 guys this morning... we'd be a threadbare if not for the guys chiming in!)

Today I'm wearing a recent eBay purchase, a spray edt Jean Patou 1000, presumably slightly vintage. Oh, this is L O V E L Y.... occasionally my SOTD is not a question of what I want, but what I don't want -- and when I don't want any aldehyde-fizz, then this smooth yet complex concoction is perfect. (the parfum must be truly awesome...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    30roses sorry to hear that L'eau didn't like you... I love its cloves/cinnamon overload, though I confess it's more than I could deal with in this heat and humidity.
    I don't do well with Tea for Two either, which I see you like as well. Odd that I like carnation but not clove perfumes; the two smells are so close.

Odder still that I love cloves in tea but not as a scent, since flavor and smell are so tied together; same goes for saffron-- great to eat, awful to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Haunani, talk to me about Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel. I know it's a fave of yours. The heated stench of the first few minutes on my wrists is almost more than I can bear. It's just me, isn't it?...

I've sampled FdS before (the perfume, not the feminine hygiene spray of the same initials) and cowered. Last night, in a fit of bravery, I applied some to the top of my hand and held on for dear life. After 20 minutes of an unpleasant smell of black pepper burning on red-hot iron, I began to catch glimpses of a gorgeous floral, as long as I didn't get my nose too close to my skin where the burning smell smoldered on.

I know I'm very sensitive to spices or anything that connotes heat in scent, so I'm curious what others' perceptions are about the top notes of FdS or to hear your guesses as to what note is registering so hot in my nose. Thanks, Peeps.

[COLOR=Black][B]Notes: rosemary, thyme, clary sage, angelica; iris, rose and narcissus; leather, amber, oakmoss and vetiver....
    Quarry, it's an unusual one, isn't it? For me, Fleurs de Sel isn't much about flowers, but about aromatic herbs and salt and a lovely earthy-mossy base. It's not a "pretty" fragrance, but it IS atmospheric. It takes me to a windy brush-covered bluff overlooking a gray sea. I adore it, but I have to be in the right mood!

Today I'm in the very easy-to-wear Eau de Cartier! :-)

Feels good to be back in the saddle again with posting, after a few weeks away.

This morning: Givenchy Organza Indecence.

Last night at bedtime: Tocade, after using my big soaking tub for the first time.

BTW, haven't bought ANY new frags for several months. Getting that itch....
    Last edited by Lessa; 13th July 2010 at 05:02 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Grey Vetiver - Tom Ford

Declaration Essence (Cartier)

Quote Originally Posted by whitelace View Post
    I know you think Poison is glorious too.
    Oh, God yes! The best. I would spray me some on,
    if I hadn't just sprayed myself with another SotE;

N°5 Eau Première

Eau de Parfum

Sort of scent twins with Evangeline, if only on the right wrist, with Elixir Des Merveilles. I stopped by John Lewis and attacked their testers. I work on the price per spritz principle if given the choice, so Elixir it was! I'll have to try the Eau too - I hadn't realise before getting home that they were that different. Heavens this is good stuff - it reminds me of a grown up, well behaved Angel, none of that uncontrollable sillage! Kelly Caleche on the left wrist, too floral for me, but more pleasing on the drydown.
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 13th July 2010 at 06:10 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I slathered myself with Villainess's Datura products - layered soap, scrub, and body creme and I'm very, uh, fragrant right now. Datura is a really nice tropical white floral, perfect for muggy Summer days.

Notes: Gardenia, Frangipani, Tuberose, Pikaki.

Hello,

Hot and humid day here.

I was wearing Mitsouko extrait in the morning
    and now I am in Soleil by Fragonard.

Wow, busy day, I just got around to posting my scent of the day - Escale a Portofino by Dior. Ugh.
    E, you smell great! glad you are enjoying it.

Declaration Cartier Pour Homme
    Gary

I don't know why because it's completely inappropriate given that it's daytime and hot as heck, but I put on Tom Ford Black Orchid for men. For me this is as an evening fragrance. And it must be an evening that is not hot, humid and sticky! Anyway, I smell darn good, and that's the point, right?

Blog Entries

So now I'm in AA Lilia Bella. Funny thing about this one. For the longest time I couldn't wear it, because it seemed to have an asphalt-like note when first sprayed. I had other LOTV I preferred to wer.

But now I've noticed that if I spray it under my shirt and don't smell it up close, but just let it waft up, I don't get that weird note at all.

Now I find myself wondering how many other perfumes I may have dismissed because of smelling them up close. Just as many paintings are best viewed from a distance, some perfumes are best smelled that way, too. And the distance from nose to chest seems to have made the difference with this one.

Blog Entries

I'm back in the swing of things with this golden beauty.

Les Nuits D'Hadrien.
    Last edited by kumquat; 13th July 2010 at 08:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Well ronni, unless there's been a new release, Black Orchid isn't "for men." I've always considered it unisex, and when it first appeared at Sephora it was on the women's side. But I too would find it challenging in the hot, hot south in the middle of summer. You're right though-- as long as you smell good, it's all good!

I'm sampling Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin again today. I think I first tried it about a year ago. It's okay, but I'd prefer it on my husband and enjoy something a little more floral for myself. The scent seems to better suit his Hawaiian shirt/khaki shorts style. I also find the patchouli more dirty than earthy on my skin, rendering a sort of BO odor.

I'm off for my weekly OB appt. Just a few more weeks to go. I'm so huuuuge!!!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by whitelace View Post
    Aha, great minds think alike today with a couple of heavy hitters.
    Me too! We had a drizzly morning complete with flash flood watches, so I'm in Lagerfeld's KL.

Notes: aldehydes, orange, bergamot, spicy notes, clove bud, pimento, cinnamon, ylang-ylang, labdanum, vanilla, patchouli, and civet.

Yum!

Heartwood! So exciting that your baby's arrival is near!

SOTD: Chanel No. 19

Have a great day, all!

Blog Entries

Cologne du 68 by Guerlain.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    Well ronni, unless there's been a new release, Black Orchid isn't "for men." I've always considered it unisex, and when it first appeared at Sephora it was on the women's side. But I too would find it challenging in the hot, hot south in the middle of summer. You're right though-- as long as you smell good, it's all good!

I'm sampling Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin again today. I think I first tried it about a year ago. It's okay, but I'd prefer it on my husband and enjoy something a little more floral for myself. The scent seems to better suit his Hawaiian shirt/khaki shorts style. I also find the patchouli more dirty than earthy on my skin, rendering a sort of BO odor.

I'm off for my weekly OB appt. Just a few more weeks to go. I'm so huuuuge!!!
    Thinking of you ,Heartwood ! Enjoy this time and rest well too ! I was also huge at this stage you are at . I spent most of my time wallowing on a big beanbag in front of the fan .

Scent twins with dora this morning.
    This afternoon- it's Chanel Gardenia.

Scent Twins (at least half of today) with Le Grand Duc in Ysatis... the first half was in Fath de Fath, until six hours-later when it went "mouse-nesty" (if that makes any sense to anyone, there is a slightly powdery, sweetish/musty odor of mouse nests that the tail end of the drydown of FdF reminded me of). I was at work and literally too busy to respray with something else, but as soon as I got home I grabbed the Ysatis. In the mood for powerful flowerdyness! I do love the FdF's first few hours though, will simply remember to either reapply or shift scents!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 13th July 2010 at 10:21 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Good girl, Luna ... Ysatis rocks!

My Sote is.....Clive Christian X Pour Homme
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Uomo Trussardi tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Success Is A Job In NY today.

Good evening all.

Ines, I am so happy to hear that your eye is better, thank goodness.

Heartwood, {{{{{for you and baby to be}}}}} I am so excited for you.

Today I wore Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs which is an absolutely fabulous summer scent.

Tonight I am wearing vintage Pucci Zadig which smells quite similar to something else, can not place my finger on it but wonderful anyway.

Hope everyone will continue to enjoy the week and smell exquisite.

Hugs all around
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Basenotes Plus

Finally home after a Looong workday. Reviewing this thread is very relaxing.

Started off this morning in something new to me- Anne Pliska. Wow, I'm loving this!

SOTE is Lolita Lempicka Fleur de Corail.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 14th July 2010 at 03:56 AM.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Good evening!!

I am glad inees is on the mend (xoxo).
    Heartwood, I bet you want your baby now!!!! I hope you are not too uncomfortable.

Today I wore Love, by Kilian from a decant
    Evenstar

DH is doing clinicals till 3am tonight, so I'm sneaking in some Borneo 1834 on this cool evening.

Good night, all!