Code of Conduct

Thread: Perry Ellis

Default Perry Ellis

This being the 2008 edition of their main fragrance entitled Perry Ellis.

The first time I smelled this, I was @ TJ Maxx, and it reminded me of Daddy Yankee. It still does in some ways, but now that I own it and have been wearing it more, it's actually a unique blend.

When I first spray it on, I get.. Black & Mild! Yes.. Finally, that Black & Mild scent I've been looking for for a while. It's accompanied by a fantastic green apple note which then settles into a somewhat cloying patchouli and incense from there on out. That cloying-ness is what kind of ruins it for me, I've never been a big patchouli fan either.

As much as I enjoy the opening, when I do too many sprays it ruins this. It starts out fresh, different, fruity, yet sophisticated and not as young or fun because of that Black & Mild like accord. If you know the smell of a Black, it doesn't smell so much like tobacco, more of a sweet cigar smell. Perry Ellis has this sweet cigar smell in the opening.

I thought I would quickly do a thread on this before forgetting, because I do enjoy the opening very much, but the rest of the fragrance is quite forgettable. The opening does exceed my expectations on longevity as well, lasting a good 30 mins or so. Next time you see this one, perhaps get a whiff of it, you may enjoy it.

Default Re: Perry Ellis

I own it, like it, but have no idea what it smells like. I'm familiar with the smell of Black & Milds, but I don't know that I detect a similarity between the two. To me it kinda smells like pumpkin/sweet potato pie.