Code of Conduct

Default Current Favorates: (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Td'Hermes, A&F Fierce) - What else would I like?

All of these fragrances have an "X Factor" that I cannot quite pinpoint. I believe its their "airy" quality I love about all of them. "Airy", "aeromatic" is the best way I can describe them... fresh, exciting? Anyway...

Based on these fragrances, what else would you recommend I try?

Default Re: Current Favorates: (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Td'Hermes, A&F Fierce) - What else would I like?

I don't know about Fierce, but I own TdH and Grey Vetiver. TdH also has vetiver, so maybe that is the "X Factor" note that you speak of. So, I suppose you may have a liking for citrusy vetiver. There is one called Paul Smith Story that is grapefruit and vetiver. I don't think I'd recommend a blind, since I don't think it is as good as the other two.

Default Re: Current Favorates: (Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Td'Hermes, A&F Fierce) - What else would I like?

Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire -'ozone' airy.
    Creed Erolfa - 'sea air' airy.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I don't know about Fierce, but I own TdH and Grey Vetiver. TdH also has vetiver, so maybe that is the "X Factor" note that you speak of. So, I suppose you may have a liking for citrusy vetiver. There is one called Paul Smith Story that is grapefruit and vetiver. I don't think I'd recommend a blind, since I don't think it is as good as the other two.
    Fierce has to vetiver to speak of... i'm more focusing on the airy quality of the fragrances, which Fierce has in abundance.

Malle's way too expensive for me, but thanks for the recomendation, I'll have to sample it sometime.

Erolfa I've tried, didn't think it was all that honestly. Come to think of it, I don't really like any Creed fragranced much...

Yeah, vetiver can give an airy vibe. You can try Encre Noire, Sycomore, Fumidus and Vraie Blonde.

It is highly likely that you might me interested in testing Givenchy Vetiver, Lanvin Vetiver, Creed OV and Lalique Encre Noire

I've heard some say that Chanel Platinum Egoiste has a similar smell to Fierce. Don't know how Fierce smells personally, though.

Creed OV. If you don't like other Creeds much, you might still like this one. It definitely has the most modernized green/airy vibe in the Creed line.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Kenzo PH
    Kenzo Air
    Fahrenheit
    and while I haven't tried it yet, very probably TDC sel de vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Creed OV. If you don't like other Creeds much, you might still like this one. It definitely has the most modernized green/airy vibe in the Creed line.
    just sampled Creed OV - not my game. something about it just doesn't go well with me.