Code of Conduct

Default Wedding Day Scent

I am getting married. I would love for you guys to help me out. The wedding is taking place in Florida - on a cruise ship. We will head out from there on a cruise.

Now I could throw out a bunch of fragrances that I am considering - but I would rather not prejudice you in any way.

I want your advice. Given the location and month - what should I wear on my wedding day? And if you can - explain why.
    Last edited by Rescentment; 9th November 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: Wedding Day Scent

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior.

If your fiancée doesn't run away from you at the altar, but stands by your side despite such an unheathen stench, then you truly know that she is the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    Fahrenheit by Christian Dior.

If your fiancée doesn't run away from you at the altar, but stands by your side despite such an unheathen stench, then you truly know that she is the one.
    Ha! Good call - but she has already smelled it and found it - as she put it, 'chemically'.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd recommend Acqua di Parma, try them all if you haven't, but Assoluta is my favorite. It's classy, clean, sexy and timeless. I wore this on a cruise last month and found it perfect for a tropical setting.
    Last edited by MikeNY; 9th November 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Grey Vetiver

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, congratulations!

Chanel Pour Monsieur or
    New York by Parfums de Nicolai

Best for formal ocassions. Fit for a proper gentleman. Not overpowering scents. Of the two, I would go for New York because it would last all day/night with all the festivities.

Post Thanks / Like

Wedding fragrances are special and you want it to remind you of that place and time for the rest of your life. I wore Burberry London in October and for an Italian honeymoon. It was cool out and fit for that time. Considering you are in Florida and then a cruise I'd go with the theme.

If price is no factor maybe Creed Erolfa or Virgin Island Water.

If designer is something you are looking at I like Bulgari Aqua PH or a step up Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

If you want to go out on a limb and do something expensive and different....Different Company Sel de Vetiver
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Tiffany for Men - it's appropriate at any time/place.

But if you want to go with something "tropical" there is MPG Bahiana or Frederic Malle Carnal Flower.

Congratulations!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 9th November 2010 at 03:48 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Wedding fragrances are special and you want it to remind you of that place and time for the rest of your life. I wore Burberry London in October and for an Italian honeymoon. It was cool out and fit for that time. Considering you are in Florida and then a cruise I'd go with the theme.

If price is no factor maybe Creed Erolfa or Virgin Island Water.

If designer is something you are looking at I like Bulgari Aqua PH or a step up Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

If you want to go out on a limb and do something expensive and different....Different Company Sel de Vetiver
    I had already been considering Virgin Island Water. Hmmm.

Cartier and MontBlanc are formal, have great lasting and moderate silage.

I personally recomend Roadster (not too much) or Individuel or even Presence!

DeepSilence

01- Safari by Ralph Lauren
    02- Zino by Davidoff
    03- One Man Show by Bogart

Congratulations!

What time of day is your celebration? morning? evening? night?
    Here, all of the time we celebrate at night. And these type of fragrances that i said is routine here for wedding nights.

If you want to choose something light, my suggestion is Rochas Man.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 9th November 2010 at 04:11 PM.

For niche, I'm loving Riverside Drive right now, with it's elegant fruity woods.

For designer, I could see L'Eau Par Kenzo being a wonderful choice.

Thanks for all the congratulations!

And for those who asked - the wedding is in the late morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't ask a bunch of guys; ask the bride what scent you should wear. The most important thing is that she be happy with it.

I would suggest looking for something somewhat exotic, something which she isn't going to smell at the office or the mall everyday, something which will become a trigger of memory for her. You can wear it for special occasions and she wil come to cherish it for the wonderful memories -- memories centered around you -- which it recalls.

Post Thanks / Like

i wore Baldessarini concentrate for my engagement/wedding and i still feel very happy about the choice i made. i still wouldnt change my decision, the only scent which has made the kind of impact it did... Baldessarini concentrate it is

Post Thanks / Like

Go scentless. It'll make the day more memorable.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Since the wedding is to be held in Florida, maybe some good old 'Florida Water,' that light and refreshing scent of orange blossoms. It's been around forever, but you can find it at vermontcountrystore.com Nothing in this world can rival the scent of orange trees in bloom as you drive next to them on a humid night.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Man, a cruise and a wedding. What a treat!

I'm going to recommend something designer because I feel like there are many quality designer fragrances out there that get over looked. For your wedding on a cruise ship, I recommend Burberry Weekend. Its a classy but modern, citrus and aromatic scent that combines citrus notes with honey, moss, and wood. Don't overspray - just let the medley envelope you. Its not extremely overstated, but it is perceptible by others. At the very least, give it a sniff...

Also, it doesn't seem to be too popular anymore, which means you're finance and wife-to-be won't run into it too often unless she smells it on you.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats !

Wear Carnal Flower !

I know I would
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du désert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V

Dior Fahrenheit

Post Thanks / Like

I TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY think Creed's ROYAL WATER would be the absolute perfect fragrance for the occassion. Hell, if you don't own it I'd be happy to send you a small decant. Call it a wedding present!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!!!

My recommendation would be Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I think it would be just light enough (but not too light) and just formal enough (but not too formal) for the occasion and setting you have described.

Post Thanks / Like

Another suggestion to add to the ones I put above

Creed Aventus layered with Pure Malt and Bleu de Chanel............ Just keeping you loose before the big day
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gollnick View Post
    I would suggest looking for something somewhat exotic, something which she isn't going to smell at the office or the mall everyday, something which will become a trigger of memory for her. You can wear it for special occasions and she wil come to cherish it for the wonderful memories -- memories centered around you -- which it recalls.
    +1

I just finished best man duties at a wedding, and as my gift to the groom I wanted to get him something that his wife would probably never smell on another man. I sniffed niches until my nose was about to fall off, and ended up going with Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Very unique, very classy, and garnered multiple compliments throughout the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Opium pour homme EDP

Armani Eau pour Homme, Eau Sauvage, YSL pour Homme, Chanel pour Monsieur, Eau de Rochas, Eau de Guerlain, Concentre d`Orange Verte, the AdP Colonia variants, etc.

In other words, the more traditional Citrus Aromatics. Fresh, but classy. Perfect.

Eau Sauvage, Tommy Bahama Set Sail For South Seas, Idole de Lubin, Terre de Hermes all sound like something I might wear for the occasion.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Rescentment View Post
    Thanks for all the congratulations!

And for those who asked - the wedding is in the late morning.
    You're welcome!

So forget strong fragrances that i said.
    Rochas Man could be one of the choices.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 10th November 2010 at 03:19 PM.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    I like this idea also
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 10th November 2010 at 03:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by Rumblefish
    I like this idea
    I disagree. You should wear a perfume. And whatever you wear for this special day, everytime your (future) wife would smells that on you, she would always remember that special day. If you go scentless, then there will be no memory of that special day. As you know, the memory of the smell can evoke a certain past even for over a hundred years ago. One whiff of that smell and you are transported back to that one of the happiest moment of your life. So I say, wear a perfume!

I love all of these ideas. Once again, thank you for the ideas, congratulations and offers.

As for going scentless - I don't think so. There is definitely a time and a place for being sans scent. My wedding is not one of them.

It is a deliberately small wedding - on the actual ship. I am thinking aquatic or something fairly light. A light and breezy Creed is certainly up for consideration. Allure Homme Blanche Edition is in the running. Nothing too earthy as I am getting married on the water. She has a nose for aquatic and fresh scents. She is quite anti sweet perfumes but quite pro when it comes to something fresh and clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Virgin Island Water by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Virgin Island Water by Creed
    It is definitely in the running.

Congratulations!

I would recommend Derby, Habit Rouge (in any form), or Mouchoir de Monsieur. All of these are very quiet and elegant, sure to please your bride.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.