Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Odin 04 Petrana

From nstperfume.com:

New York-based clothing retailer Odin will launch Odin 04 Petrana, a new fragrance:

Transported to a Jordanian desert landscape covered in blooming black iris comes a floral scent that reveals its dark complexion from earth to air. The heart of Petrana emerges from a foundation of wild orris root and green violet leaf absolute. Herbaceous coriander, spicy pink pepper and deep purple cassis float above the blooms infusing luminous freshness.

Odin 04 Petrana was developed by perfumer Jean-Claude Delville; additional notes include heliotrope, vetiver and white musk.

Odin 04 Petrana is available now for pre-order at Aedes, $110 for 100 ml.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Odin 04 Petrana

That sounds intriguing! I've noticed pink pepper quite a bit lately. I wonder if that's the new big thing
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I wish Odin would concentrate on increasing the almost non-existant sillage and pitiful longevity of their other three scents, rather than coming out with more of them!
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

I feel cautious about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    I wish Odin would concentrate on increasing the almost non-existant sillage and pitiful longevity of their other three scents, rather than coming out with more of them!
    I've had absolutely no problem with Century as far as strength or longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    The first 3 all last quite a long time on me. People's skin varies, so you may just be unlucky with these with regards to longevity.

Orris, violet leaf, herbaceous, spicy, freshness.....:drool:....that's the kind of description that gets my attention!

Thanks for the heads up on this one petruccijc, I'll search for it when it's out.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

A batch of new samples arrived today and I finally got a chance to test Petrana myself. I have to say that I'm really impressed with this one. It smells absolutely unisex to me and it manages to stay genuine and interesting while being clean, elegant, sweet, fresh and kind of sexy at the same time. Now, if that ain't something... I guess this will end up on my to buy list. Not sure about sillage and longevity yet. It somehow reminds me of an instant drink, I remember from my childhood - Quench. While said drink was purely synthetic, Petrana doesn't smell overly artificial to my nose.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 1st October 2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Petrana, aside the name, it's a classic green violet-iris with a powdery suedeish base.
    You can read more about it and the other Odin in my blog
    http://lagardenianellocchiello.blogs...e-ne-sais.html

I've had it for a while now. Sillage and longevity are no problem in our home and it gets regularly used. The kids still smell of it in the afternoon after applying in the morning.

I received a sample of this today and it's very nice. I can still smell it a good 4 hours after spraying as I'm typing this, so along with Owari and Nomad, this could be my third purchase. The only one I can't take to is Century.

Duplicate

Finally got around to trying this one today. I'm afraid I was sufficiently underwhelmed with it much like 1-2-3.
    They're all pretty nice but there's just nothing there for me to get even slightly worked up over.

I'm very-very satisfied with Petrana (and Owari, too). It's really a classy, kind of ethereal scent, though not for those who like it strong. As far as I can judge since yesterday, it needs a thorough spraying, but with that it lasts all day on my skin.

And one more thing: if I ever should tell if I know scents which I regard as "contemporary" it would be Owari and Petrana which would come first to my mind. Curious feeling...
    Last edited by Sandy; 10th November 2010 at 02:57 PM.

I've revisited the entire line several times. Although I want to like them, there's nothing exceptional here.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240