Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Windsor Flacons......

....will be available in the Fall again - for those interested, and for those interested in splits.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Windsor Flacons......

I'm interested in a split of at least 50ml. If anyone in the USA will be hosting a split at this time and if it is allowed on Basenotes, please PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

I also confirmed this over at Neimans funraiser! The SA said that they should have a tester this friday, but unfortunately I'm going out of town.
    Working on updating my cologne wardrobe!

Favorite House: Editions de Parfum de Frederick Malle

I'm actually on the waiting list at the Creed boutique in NYC, but I'm starting to question whether it's worth the exhorbitant price.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

The SA at Neimans excitedly told me they were getting Windsor in the fall (she did not say what sizes). I attempted to feign interest as she was telling me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The SA at Neimans excitedly told me they were getting Windsor in the fall (she did not say what sizes). I attempted to feign interest as she was telling me.
    from what the SA told me, she said that they would only be releasing the lareg flacons for $600+ and would gauge whether or not they wanted to release the smaller sizes. She seemed to know what she was talking about as she was the fragrance floor manager...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm interested in a split of at least 50ml. If anyone in the USA will be hosting a split at this time and if it is allowed on Basenotes, please PM me.
    +1.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 I'm possibly interested in the split as well.
    Last edited by adonis; 13th July 2010 at 10:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Add me as interested as well...

Post Thanks / Like

count with me for the split..
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

OK. Just so we're clear, do you know whether this will be another limited release or will the flacons be made available indefinitely?

Post Thanks / Like

I called the Creed boutique yesterday and they told me they will only have 100 flacons and 70 of them are reserved. Make that 72 now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't buy whatever the boutique says now to create hype, especially after how they handled the first "limited" release and then vintage tabarome. Unlike the first time around, these new flacons aren't numbered. I think they will keep on milking it until they can while selling the story that they just have a few to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    I called the Creed boutique yesterday and they told me they will only have 100 flacons and 70 of them are reserved. Make that 72 now.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Post Thanks / Like

I don't need a flacon but I know someone who does. Its not my type of fragrance but it is quite different from everything launched recently and the quality of the pine, eucalyptus and gin notes is fantastic.

Windsor is a total hit .. its made $$$, generated interest, sold out fast in the northeast and a lot of people like it. Even in my neck-of-the-woods it has generated a lot of interest in the perfume crowd.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    I wouldn't buy whatever the boutique says now to create hype, especially after how they handled the first "limited" release and then vintage tabarome. Unlike the first time around, these new flacons aren't numbered. I think they will keep on milking it until they can while selling the story that they just have a few to sell.
    That's because Creed is just an evil company. Up there with BP and Blackwater.

From what I heard, they have this strategy to "make money" while simultaneously "giving their clients what they want". It's reprehensible, really...

sarcasm aside: they did not know the first release would be as successful as it was. they will make more if and when they feel like it. it will never be part of their permanent line. i wouldn't bet on it for at least 5 years after this batch is gone, but if they do sooner, then great.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 14th July 2010 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The exclusivity and stories don't really effect me. I'm glad they are reintroducing this and I wish they would do it with other like Feuille Verte and Vintage Tabarome. Also for the people who bought the numbered bottles the first time around I think they paid less or the same than these new flacons so its not like they are getting cheated unless they simply bought it for investment purposes. I enjoy Windsor as a fragrance. Yes the price is high but I look at the per ounce price of the flacon and also the ability to split a flacon and the price becomes palatable.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I don't need a flacon but I know someone who does. Its not my type of fragrance but it is quite different from everything launched recently and the quality of the pine, eucalyptus and gin notes is fantastic.

Windsor is a total hit .. its made $$$, generated interest, sold out fast in the northeast and a lot of people like it. Even in my neck-of-the-woods it has generated a lot of interest in the perfume crowd.
    So why do you think they won't bring back Feuille Verte? The evidence points that it would be a hit as well.
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 14th July 2010 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    So why do think they won't bring back Feuille Verte? The evidence points that it would be a hit as well.

I'm hoping that they re-release this for their 250th anniversary (this year??). I've heard that they will re-release something from the vault in celebration and it seems that this would be the best choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    I'm hoping that they re-release this for their 250th anniversary (this year??). I've heard that they will re-release something from the vault in celebration and it seems that this would be the best choice.
    Was this a fragrance with lime and mandarine in it? I had a 10ml decant sent to me about 4 years ago with another purchase of a Creed. I know the decanted fragrance was very nice at the time and I was told it was a limited edition, so unless Creed do something else with these notes, it must have been this one.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Was this a fragrance with lime and mandarine in it?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Windsor Flacons......

Yes.
    Thanks. As Meatloaf and Celine Dion would sing "It's all coming back to me now"

Post Thanks / Like

So why do you think they won't bring back Feuille Verte? The evidence points that it would be a hit as well.
    Too much oakmoss in the base - Aventus contains like maybe 1/4th the oakmoss quantity of FV. I like Feuille Verte more than Windsor...its more my kind of scent and would certainly like to see it 'reissued' more than Windsor.
    -

On that note, does anybody know where I could obtain a decant of FV? I've been dying to try it forever!
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    On that note, does anybody know where I could obtain a decant of FV? I've been dying to try it forever!
    I'll second that, I just want a whiff, although a decant would be fantastic, unfortunately even the perfumed court doesnt have it

Post Thanks / Like

Too much oakmoss in the base - Aventus contains like maybe 1/4th the oakmoss quantity of FV. I like Feuille Verte more than Windsor...its more my kind of scent and would certainly like to see it 'reissued' more than Windsor.
    They certainly could bring it back, as any amount of genuine oakmoss in it was only playing a supporting role.

The major-dominating-oakmoss wasn't in the base, it was a synthetic "aramis oakmoss" type note that was very very present and prominent in the top half of Feuille Verte, which is where I think Feuille Verte really was masculine and green/leafy. And subsequently, the top half is what I somewhat grew to like in Feuille Verte, even though it's not my style., but in the base there was nothing I smelled which resembled (wow just got a strong and distinct olfactory hallucination of Feuille Verte) true earthy oakmoss absolute. just an incredibly high quality Jasmine absolute, which was way too feminine and way too conservative for me.

It could be reissued, and many of the fans of true "older style" Creed scents, who are also fans of wearing outright feminine scents(okay Feuille Verte's top is quite masculine, but that drydown is dead old woman), would buy it all up at prices twice what it went for in 2006.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    It's basically a fresher/brighter/leafier Aramis out of the gate, with very good use of Galbanum and other green notes, with very little sweetness (vanilla is used extremely lightly).

Then it goes thru a HUGE change, and the Aramis-Oakmoss all subsides, and it becomes this uber-conservatively-feminine rose/Jasmine scent that smells like an extremely rich old woman. It's Jasmine exceeds Jasmal like 2000 times over in quality, and the Rose note is tart and alive just like in the private collection "Fleur de the Rose Bulgarie", but it's just so overtly "old woman" in my book, after the Oakmoss note and Galbanum get out of the way..

Post Thanks / Like

So is anyone actually hosting a split of this? I would be willing to if someone hasn't volunteered yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I want in If someone hosts a split!
    Last edited by acjigga; 16th July 2010 at 01:25 AM.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." Acjigga's Favorites - Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Vero Profumo Mito, Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Aventus, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Opus Oils Mother EDP, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Slumberhouse Jeke extrait, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud, Xerjoff Fars & Xerjoff Gao

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    They certainly could bring it back, as any amount of genuine oakmoss in it was only playing a supporting role.

The major-dominating-oakmoss wasn't in the base, it was a synthetic "aramis oakmoss" type note that was very very present and prominent in the top half of Feuille Verte, which is where I think Feuille Verte really was masculine and green/leafy.
    The aramis oakmoss smells totally different to me than the FV version which actually smells like a clever combination of Evernia Prunastri and Moss de Chene, with the Chene component probably responsible for the dense woody character and the Prunastri for the parched woody character. Another element responsible for the great green leafy opening is the excellent Lime extract used in the top notes. The base is predominantly a rich top quality jasmine base. However how they used oakmoss as a top note instead of a basenote sounds like an intriguing engineering question..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    So is anyone actually hosting a split of this? I would be willing to if someone hasn't volunteered yet.
    I know pigasus27 on youtube is hosting a split. He has done the video but hasn't uploaded it yet. He says he will by the end of the week. I'll drop the video link here once he ups it.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 16th July 2010 at 03:27 AM.

Sorry double post.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 16th July 2010 at 03:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The aramis oakmoss smells totally different to me than the FV version which actually smells like a clever combination of Evernia Prunastri and Moss de Chene, with the Chene component probably responsible for the dense woody character and the Prunastri for the parched woody character. Another element responsible for the great green leafy opening is the excellent Lime extract used in the top notes. The base is predominantly a rich top quality jasmine base. However how they used oakmoss as a top note instead of a basenote sounds like an intriguing engineering question..
    1. Moss De Chene IS Evernia Prunastri. Same thing. that's like saying Aqua Viva uses a 'clever' combination of Lemon and Citrus Limonium.

2. Using what is normally a base note as a top note, means 1 of 2 things:
    a. Creed distilled a natural oakmoss oil, and used the volatile phenolic acids, discarding the more typically familiar "basenote" aspects of Oakmoss like methyl 2,4-dihydroxy-3,6-dimethylbenzoate, 2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (atranol), 3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde (chloroatranol) and such.

b. Creed used a synthetic source of the phenolic acids, and avoided the entire distillation process of oakmoss absolute (more likely)

Neither of us know for certain which method was used to utilize only the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, but I'd be willing to bet it was (b.), as the isolates and synthetically produced homologues are readily available.

And since Atranal (2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde), and Chloroatranol (3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde) are the main allergens the IFRA is ban crazy for...

...using the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, whether by synthetic or by natural isolate, as Creed did in Feuille verte, would likely pass IFRA insanity, even today, as it is the aforementioned basenote components of Oakmoss (moss de chene) that are the powerful allergens.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 16th July 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Moss De Chene IS Evernia Prunastri. Same thing. that's like saying Aqua Viva uses a 'clever' combination of Lemon and Citrus Limonium.
    Pardon my latin, I meant Tree Moss / Evernia Furfuracea which is actually drier and woodier than Prunastri. This is the moss I find very prevalent in the aramis fragrances.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

2. Using what is normally a base note as a top note, means 1 of 2 things:
    a. Creed distilled a natural oakmoss oil, and used the volatile phenolic acids, discarding the more typically familiar "basenote" aspects of Oakmoss like methyl 2,4-dihydroxy-3,6-dimethylbenzoate, 2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (atranol), 3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde (chloroatranol) and such.

b. Creed used a synthetic source of the phenolic acids, and avoided the entire distillation process of oakmoss absolute (more likely)

Neither of us know for certain which method was used to utilize only the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, but I'd be willing to bet it was (b.), as the isolates and synthetically produced homologues are readily available.

And since Atranal (2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde), and Chloroatranol (3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde) are the main allergens the IFRA is ban crazy for...

...using the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, whether by synthetic or by natural isolate, as Creed did in Feuille verte, would likely pass IFRA insanity, even today, as it is the aforementioned basenote components of Oakmoss (moss de chene) that are the powerful allergens.
    Dullah - your knowledge of this stuff is unbelievable! Any chance you are a perfumer?!

Post Thanks / Like

Natural oakmoss used in large amounts will have a significant effect on the topnotes -as well as the rest - of a fragrance. Only the really volatile citrus/mint etc oils will cover this very briefly (a few minutes) - as soon as the late top notes/early heart notes emerge, they will be coloured by moss. I'm talking about using it in big quantities though - say 10%+ of the concentrate - way beyond IFRA. Chanel pour monsieur had these kinds of levels of it at one one point.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

$600 for Windsor? I thought that they were selling for $405? I need to call up Creed again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pigasus27 View Post
    $600 for Windsor? I thought that they were selling for $405? I need to call up Creed again.
    $605 for 8.4oz

$405 for 1.7 oz in a leather atomizer

There's a split going on for this if anyone was interested. Note: 3 spots left & International is welcomed. Contact here or here.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th July 2010 at 04:05 AM.

Any updates on this? I believe someone mentioned that an SA said he/she planned on putting a tester on display last Friday. If testers are being placed on the floor then the SAs likely know a definite date on which the product will be in stock.
    Last edited by litworth; 21st July 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Creed Boutique in NY will get flacons sometime in October.

I don't think any fragrance is worth those insane prices. Regarding Feuille Verte, I would love for that to come back. I was in vegas when I tested and LOVED the smell. However, no quicker than I walked out of Neimans, I was having to bury my nose into my wrist to catch a shadow of the former glory. I would only welcome this back IF they did something about its potency, longevity, and sillage. Thats not too much to ask is it?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Windsor Flacons......

Well that's me sorted and all paid up with the split. I can put my feet up and look forward to some time in October all being well

I just bought a flacon of creed windsor and the wife told me she doesnt like it and I have buyers remorse for buying so much of it lol. So if anyone is interested in a split of it then I have the following size atomizers

30ml (have 5 of these)
    10ml (have 2 of these, not an atomizer but a glass bottle with a drip spout)
    5ml (have 6 of these)

The flacon comes with 250ml and im not trying to make any money off of this so I will charge only what I paid for it. I paid $605 but will use $600 so the math is easier. Bought it from the creedboutique store and will provide a reciept copy to anyone that wants to see it or a picture of the falcon etc.
    So $600/250ml = $2.4 dollars per ml.
    And 30*2.4 = $72 for 30ml
    10*2.4 = $24 for 10ml
    5*2.4 = $12 for 5ml

PM me with phone or email address and I will contact you and we can work out the details.
    I know my thread post count is quite low but trust me I have been lurking for years, and know all about the basenotes awards and actually have over 25 bottles of cologne lol im addicted Ill give you anything you want as far as verification that im a trustworthy person including my website, law school I attend, address, phone number email etc. And if you find anything wrong with the shipment then you can send it back within a week. But you must have a good reason not that you just changed your mind etc. Anyway hopefully this happens cause I got my eye on A*men, chanel allure sport, chrome, antidote, and very sexy for him lol.