Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Windsor Flacons......

Sorry double post.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 16th July 2010 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    The aramis oakmoss smells totally different to me than the FV version which actually smells like a clever combination of Evernia Prunastri and Moss de Chene, with the Chene component probably responsible for the dense woody character and the Prunastri for the parched woody character. Another element responsible for the great green leafy opening is the excellent Lime extract used in the top notes. The base is predominantly a rich top quality jasmine base. However how they used oakmoss as a top note instead of a basenote sounds like an intriguing engineering question..
    1. Moss De Chene IS Evernia Prunastri. Same thing. that's like saying Aqua Viva uses a 'clever' combination of Lemon and Citrus Limonium.

2. Using what is normally a base note as a top note, means 1 of 2 things:
    a. Creed distilled a natural oakmoss oil, and used the volatile phenolic acids, discarding the more typically familiar "basenote" aspects of Oakmoss like methyl 2,4-dihydroxy-3,6-dimethylbenzoate, 2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (atranol), 3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde (chloroatranol) and such.

b. Creed used a synthetic source of the phenolic acids, and avoided the entire distillation process of oakmoss absolute (more likely)

Neither of us know for certain which method was used to utilize only the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, but I'd be willing to bet it was (b.), as the isolates and synthetically produced homologues are readily available.

And since Atranal (2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde), and Chloroatranol (3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde) are the main allergens the IFRA is ban crazy for...

...using the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, whether by synthetic or by natural isolate, as Creed did in Feuille verte, would likely pass IFRA insanity, even today, as it is the aforementioned basenote components of Oakmoss (moss de chene) that are the powerful allergens.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 16th July 2010 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    1. Moss De Chene IS Evernia Prunastri. Same thing. that's like saying Aqua Viva uses a 'clever' combination of Lemon and Citrus Limonium.
    Pardon my latin, I meant Tree Moss / Evernia Furfuracea which is actually drier and woodier than Prunastri. This is the moss I find very prevalent in the aramis fragrances.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post

2. Using what is normally a base note as a top note, means 1 of 2 things:
    a. Creed distilled a natural oakmoss oil, and used the volatile phenolic acids, discarding the more typically familiar "basenote" aspects of Oakmoss like methyl 2,4-dihydroxy-3,6-dimethylbenzoate, 2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde (atranol), 3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde (chloroatranol) and such.

b. Creed used a synthetic source of the phenolic acids, and avoided the entire distillation process of oakmoss absolute (more likely)

Neither of us know for certain which method was used to utilize only the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, but I'd be willing to bet it was (b.), as the isolates and synthetically produced homologues are readily available.

And since Atranal (2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl-benzaldehyde), and Chloroatranol (3-Chloro-2,6-Dihydroxy-4-methyl- benzaldehyde) are the main allergens the IFRA is ban crazy for...

...using the volatile topnotes of oakmoss, whether by synthetic or by natural isolate, as Creed did in Feuille verte, would likely pass IFRA insanity, even today, as it is the aforementioned basenote components of Oakmoss (moss de chene) that are the powerful allergens.
    Dullah - your knowledge of this stuff is unbelievable! Any chance you are a perfumer?!

Natural oakmoss used in large amounts will have a significant effect on the topnotes -as well as the rest - of a fragrance. Only the really volatile citrus/mint etc oils will cover this very briefly (a few minutes) - as soon as the late top notes/early heart notes emerge, they will be coloured by moss. I'm talking about using it in big quantities though - say 10%+ of the concentrate - way beyond IFRA. Chanel pour monsieur had these kinds of levels of it at one one point.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

$600 for Windsor? I thought that they were selling for $405? I need to call up Creed again.

Quote Originally Posted by pigasus27 View Post
    $600 for Windsor? I thought that they were selling for $405? I need to call up Creed again.
    $605 for 8.4oz

$405 for 1.7 oz in a leather atomizer

There's a split going on for this if anyone was interested. Note: 3 spots left & International is welcomed. Contact here or here.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th July 2010 at 04:05 AM.

Any updates on this? I believe someone mentioned that an SA said he/she planned on putting a tester on display last Friday. If testers are being placed on the floor then the SAs likely know a definite date on which the product will be in stock.
    Last edited by litworth; 21st July 2010 at 04:56 PM.

Creed Boutique in NY will get flacons sometime in October.

I don't think any fragrance is worth those insane prices. Regarding Feuille Verte, I would love for that to come back. I was in vegas when I tested and LOVED the smell. However, no quicker than I walked out of Neimans, I was having to bury my nose into my wrist to catch a shadow of the former glory. I would only welcome this back IF they did something about its potency, longevity, and sillage. Thats not too much to ask is it?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Smile Re: Windsor Flacons......

Well that's me sorted and all paid up with the split. I can put my feet up and look forward to some time in October all being well

I just bought a flacon of creed windsor and the wife told me she doesnt like it and I have buyers remorse for buying so much of it lol. So if anyone is interested in a split of it then I have the following size atomizers

30ml (have 5 of these)
    10ml (have 2 of these, not an atomizer but a glass bottle with a drip spout)
    5ml (have 6 of these)

The flacon comes with 250ml and im not trying to make any money off of this so I will charge only what I paid for it. I paid $605 but will use $600 so the math is easier. Bought it from the creedboutique store and will provide a reciept copy to anyone that wants to see it or a picture of the falcon etc.
    So $600/250ml = $2.4 dollars per ml.
    And 30*2.4 = $72 for 30ml
    10*2.4 = $24 for 10ml
    5*2.4 = $12 for 5ml

PM me with phone or email address and I will contact you and we can work out the details.
    I know my thread post count is quite low but trust me I have been lurking for years, and know all about the basenotes awards and actually have over 25 bottles of cologne lol im addicted Ill give you anything you want as far as verification that im a trustworthy person including my website, law school I attend, address, phone number email etc. And if you find anything wrong with the shipment then you can send it back within a week. But you must have a good reason not that you just changed your mind etc. Anyway hopefully this happens cause I got my eye on A*men, chanel allure sport, chrome, antidote, and very sexy for him lol.