Code of Conduct

Default Nautica Voyage - What a great scent...

Hi, people.

I read some threads and posts here about Nautica Voyage and decided to blind buy it. I got a discount on a store and don't regreat at all! Beautiful scent: fresh, clean, light, delicious and with good projection. If this was made from a famous brand, Voyage would call a lot more atention and good reviews. Well, thatīs just my opinion.

Regards,

RM

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nautica Voyage - What a great scent...

I agree with you about Nautica Voyage. I enjoy wearing it, especially in the Summer. It has more longevity than a lot of the other aqua scents I have tried. I think it is better than Bvlgari Aqua, which is more expensive. Luca Turin jokingly said that Nautica accidentally created an excellent fragrance with Voyage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was wondering why I liked this so much when I tested it. My doubts got the better of me - I told myself "yeah, it's good, but I'll be longevity sucks." As I recall now, the longevity wasn't that bad, but I still haven't gone back to give it a more serious look.

I'll definitely check it out more thoroughly now. Especially if I can find it on discount. Thanks for the tip!

I need to come back here and share my opinion on NV after using it for months. Itīs much better than my first impression. It has great longevity (12 + hours) and good projection. NV is a compliment getter, wonderful for summer days and has a very pleasant smell. My old L'eau D'Issey went behind this one. Itīs not a complicated and sofisticated scent, but is pretty worth and delicious.
    Last edited by ricardohmedina; 3rd December 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't worn this fragrance since Summer, but I really enjoy it. I hope other BNers give it a try.

+"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I see this in Marshalls all the time but i always dismiss it. guess ill give it a look

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Rosehavn on this one. I really enjoy it too during the summer. Longevity is better than you'd expect and the drydown is nice. For those who like bottles, this is a solid, good looking bottle in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laroche View Post
    I'm with Rosehavn on this one. I really enjoy it too during the summer. Longevity is better than you'd expect and the drydown is nice. For those who like bottles, this is a solid, good looking bottle in my opinion.
    Yes, laroche! The bottle is nice as well. It is heavy glass with a solid metal top. This frag is available at many of the online retailers for 25US or less! Try 1stperfume.com or scentmonkey.com if you are interested.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Post Thanks / Like

This one has been on my buy-list for ages, I think I'll put it on my Xmas list!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always ignored the Nautica fragrances. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for it!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Nice to notice that this thread is helping to alert some of you about how good Nautica Voyage is. I hope you enjoy it the same as I, Rosehavn and laroche do!

voyage is a pleasant scent but im surprised to hear people talking about its projection and all cause I feel like it doesnt project well at all. Its a light subtle smell and i use more sprays of this than any other in my collection (i generally dont spray much), but have yet to receive any comments on it (i use about 4+ sprays and have worn it about 10 times). i do like the salty/sweet scent i get from it but i cant smell it unless i have my wrist to my nose. and yeah i like the bottle design also.

Post Thanks / Like

One of my main highschool scents. I've since passed it on to my younger brother who enjoys it as well.
    What I've been wearing far too much of lately:

-Amouage Lyric Man
    -Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    -Creed Jardin d'Amalfi

Post Thanks / Like

great bargain!! cheap and ideal for summer!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garįons man 2

I've sampled it a few times over the course of at least three years. Every time I perceived a sickeningly synthetic/chemical quality that I just couldn't overcome to appreciate its finer qualities (assuming it has some). The reason why I kept trying is that I got a paper sample of it, I think back in mid 2007, and I liked that, but never when I used the liquid itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've sampled it a few times over the course of at least three years. Every time I perceived a sickeningly synthetic/chemical quality that I just couldn't overcome to appreciate its finer qualities (assuming it has some). The reason why I kept trying is that I got a paper sample of it, I think back in mid 2007, and I liked that, but never when I used the liquid itself.
    Yeah - this smells great on paper, and when my son uses only the aftershave balm. But if you use too much, it's not nice. Very synthetic, I agree. That's the secret with this one, IMO - go light. You might even want to dilute it (I know you're one of the few people who experiments like that, Bigsly). For me, the longevity is huge when it's light. It kind of fades in and out, but it's a quality scent, and the synthetic notes are very well tamed - almost gone completely.

I just picked up a bottle at TJ Maxx for $19.99. In general, this type of fragrance doesn't really appeal to me, but I couldn't resist given the low price. Its ok, but over time it becomes increasingly synthetic smelling on my skin. I probably won't wear it very often, but its nice to have in the wardrobe for a change of pace.

Nautica Voyage is an awesome summer scent for sure! My friend Michelle loves this stuff, projection and longevity are great as well!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it about 12 years ago, but it was not like on the picture someone attached above. It's yellow, round and has a blue cap - maybe that's some kind of vintage? Anyhow, I didn't use too much of it, as somehow it's not to my liking. I admit it's a high quality scent, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Great scent, not overly "blue" or strong either. Linen,beach, summer rain is how i describe this but i'm actually surprised at the positive longevity for many people here, on me it really only lasts about 5hrs at best - even when I apply it after taking a shower and using moisturizer it still didn't seem to retain longevity that is greater than average. . .

You can find a big 3.4oz bottle of this for $20 so I really can't knock it for longevity! I don't care much for bottles but it is beautifully made, minimalist with very thick glass and a heavy cap and center that looks like the flat back of a bullet.

I liked it at first but grew tired of it fast. I have a bottle if anybody is interested in a swap, I think it's a 3.4oz with about 80% left, pm me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I liked it at first but grew tired of it fast. I have a bottle if anybody is interested in a swap, I think it's a 3.4oz with about 80% left, pm me.
    That's about how far I got with my bottle before I was done wearing it. There's a note in there that I can't stand. It's like a very synthetic seaweed smell.

one word mimose and too much in Voyage -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    one word mimose and too much in Voyage -

That must be it. In Voyage it smells like a dirty synthetic seaweed. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked this one up recently, and honestly, it's ok, but I'm not particularly crazy about it. The apple in the top is strong, but fades quickly into nothing but a really strong white musk. After 10 min when the apple fades, it smells just like CK Be to me. I'm not opposed to clean linen type scents, but I prefer floral notes to achieve that effect instead of so much white musk.

For a clean linen type scent from Nautica, I actually prefer the older White Sail over Voyage. Granted, it's not very long lasting, but it smells cleaner/fresher to me than Voyage.

Probably my other favorite, clean linen or detergent type drydowns are in Joop Nightflight and Boss Pure.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 27th July 2011 at 06:57 PM.

This is a wonderful fragrance.....Works very good for summer.....and is not costly.....This is always a good combination!!!
    Gary