Code of Conduct

Default Fresh/Aquatic - Versace Eau Fraiche, Mugler Cologne, or Givenchy Blue Label?

Hey everyone, I'm 16 and I'm looking for a nice fresh/aquatic scent for the summer. I'm trying to decide between Versace Eau Fraiche, Mugler Cologne, and Givenchy Blue Label.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Default Re: Fresh/Aquatic - Versace Eau Fraiche, Mugler Cologne, or Givenchy Blue Label?

Versace Man Eau Fraīche,

Other options --> DKNY Men 2009 and Aqva pour Homme by Bvlgari
    Last edited by M.David; 20th June 2010 at 01:09 AM.

Default Re: Fresh/Aquatic - Versace Eau Fraiche, Mugler Cologne, or Givenchy Blue Label?

I got a sample of Mugler and tried it out for a few days. Despite its reputation for being light and inoffensive, I found it cloying and sickly. It gave me a tummy ache. It might not be the best scent for summer, and it certainly isn't refreshing.

Oh, and look into Cool Water. There's a reason so many people rave about it and it's been so popular for 22 years.
    Last edited by vulcan; 20th June 2010 at 01:54 AM.

check
    Laguna Homme by Salvador Dali
    212 Men

The Mugler or Givenchy.

16? ADG or this one
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

Mugler Cologne is really fresh,but it isn“t an aquatic.

Maybe Versace eau Fraiche is the way to go

Bvlgari aqva Marine

Blog Entries

Out of the ones you listed, I like Mugler Cologne the best. I do think there are probably some better options for you than those three though.

Romantic Warrior is spot on with his recommendations for Acqua di Gio or Versace Pour Homme. I'd also second the recommendations for 212 Men and Bvlgari Aqva. Also if you do like Blue Label, check out L'eau par Kenzo. It's a zesty citrus too, but I think it's much better than Blue Label.

Good luck with your search. I'd recommend sampling some of these others before settling on one. Out of the one's I named I'd put 212 Men at the top of the list. It has served me better in the summer than even Aqva (which I love, but have come to prefer in the spring and fall). I played golf the other day in really hot temperatures wearing 212 Men, and it held up great without getting overpowering.

Out of the 3, my favorite is Mugler Cologne but to me it's more of a green/floral than aquatics. I hate aquatics but I find Dunhill Desire Blue quite nice, smells like ice tea, a bit synthetic though.

From this list, I would recommend Mugler Cologne

Girls love Versace Eau Fraiche...I think it would be very good for your age....

Givenchy Blue Label is one of my favorites. I vote for that one. Mugler is great, but it is basically like Irish Spring in a bottle. I have a little Versace Eau Fraiche as well. Not a bad choice either.

Mugler is a green/floral/white musk and has absolutely no staying power in the heat. A white musk base lingers on at most. Otherwise, it's very pleasant. I just finished my bottle and won't be replacing it even at super discounted prices.
    I'm absolutely not an aquatic type of person but second the Versace pour homme suggestion pictured above. It's pretty good and complex.
    For fresh and summery scents, I always go with citrus and vetiver dominated scents instead.

Versace Eau Fraiche is really, really nice stuff. Versace Pour Homme is good stuff too. You can't go wrong with either of those really, although personally I prefer the former.

I think I remember reading that VEF and Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue Pour Homme smell alike or that even the juice is the same (after one company bought another or some such thing). You might want to try the D&G also.

June 19, 20, 21? What on earth? On my galaxy it's 10:42 P.M. June 17, 2010. Anyone there?

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    I think I remember reading that VEF and Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue Pour Homme smell alike or that even the juice is the same (after one company bought another or some such thing). You might want to try the D&G also.
    That is not true imo....I think VEF smells alot better... To me Light Blue is alot more like Black Xs....