Code of Conduct

Default Farmacia SS. Annunziata

Anything recommended from this line? Is there a 'hit' from them. e.g. the way Black Oud is a big seller with Montale
    Last edited by neal; 14th July 2010 at 01:03 AM.

Default Re: Farmacia SS. Annunziata

I don't think they sell well enough to have a big hit. Though of the two I've tried both are quite good. Hyle is a typical niche "marine" scent, if you enjoy the smell of the briny sea, with very little accompanying citrus or wood notes, you may enjoy it. And Vaniglia del Madegascar is actually one of my more appreciated vanillas. It has a substance to it that I find unique, sort of creamy and thick, it's nice stuff.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I tried several because I tend to be gung ho when I hear of a new Italian house, but sadly nothing I tried made much of an impression on me.

If you're into patchouli then Farmacia's offering may be to your liking. It has received good press here on Basenotes, and I've been close to pulling the trigger for quite some time. It's patch, patch, and more patch.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

AromiErotici

Ambre Nera is excellent as is their Patchouli.

I have only tried two from this brand, and the ones that i tried intrigued me because I expected something with a vintage effect and got a modern sweet fragrance in both. Chia is a candyfloss gourmand on skin, sort of a niche version of pink sugar with an talcy bitter almond opening, a section of sweet candyfloss sugar and a halzenuty vanilla base. Cara was like a caramel syrup with almond ending on a ambery talcy vanilla. While I liked them, they seemed sort of sickening scents with constant wearing.

I've only tried a handful of them of haven't found any to be bottle-worthy. Also, their parfum extraits aren't all that great - Ambre Nera is meh, the patchouli offering hardly lasts on the skin and Vaniglia del Madegascar has been done much better via Profumum's Vanitas.

I'm still perplexed as to why such extraits are being sold so cheaply on Luckyscent...
    Last edited by Trebor; 14th July 2010 at 05:51 PM.