Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which scent should I buy from Delrae?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coup de Foudre

4 40.00%
  • Debut

1 10.00%
  • Mythique

3 30.00%
  • Bois de Paradis

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hillaire

Default Pick My New Delrae Scent. Your Opinion Appreciated.

Hi, I am eager to take advantage of the excitement at beautyhabit (25% off). And I'd love to get another Delrae scent. (I only have Amoureuse.)

Tell me why you like the one you do; I am eager to know .

Up for consideration are the four I showed. I love these the most.

Actually, I don't know Mythique yet, but I have an itching feeling I'll adore it!
    Last edited by Hillaire; 14th July 2010 at 01:24 AM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Pick My New Delrae Scent. Your Opinion Appreciated.

My absolute favorite is Eau Illuminee (not on your list). It was my SOTD.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mythique was my favorite of the bunch. (I have tried all but Coup de Foudre.)

Mythique was a beautiful example of a floral woody musk, with a pronounced iris note. Very dry and woody. Also, very subtle but it lasted all day long, 10+ hours on me.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I voted for Bois de Paradis, which I love for its warmth and fig notes so well balanced with the wood. I find it quite linear, but that is fine because it smells great from beginning to end. One spritz lasts me all day.

I chose Coup de Foudre. I am all about the roses, especially when the absolut is of a very high quality. Romance at its best, without being cliché.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Another vote for Mythique. I smelled this recently and I was impressed. Like petrucciJ, I would also have voted for Eau Illuminee
    Evenstar

Hillaire

Hmmm. now considering Eau Illuminee... I don't know it, either. But I like the notes. And I like soapy scents lots.

Hi all.. I have Mythique and never wear it. I loved it immediately when I sampled it, but I didn't sample thoroughly enough, I guess -- because on my skin it has a very bread-doughy note, that I find unpleasant. I need to find something to layer it with, or sell it. So, I'd recommend sampling before buying!
    I have Eau Illuminee too. It's very fresh and bright and fun -- I'd point out that that it feels more like a masculine scent than the notes suggest, due, I suppose, to the lavender.
    I'd like to get Amoureuse at some point! (trade an Amoureuse for a Mythique, anyone?)
    (I love the name Mythique -- I feel like I have a lithp when I thay it out loud... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Another vote for Mythique. I smelled this recently and I was impressed. Like petrucciJ, I would also have voted for Eau Illuminee
    Ditto for me. I own Eau Illuminee and think it's suited better to a male. Mythique is the clealy the best of the bunch IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Hi all.. I have Mythique and never wear it. I loved it immediately when I sampled it, but I didn't sample thoroughly enough, I guess -- because on my skin it has a very bread-doughy note, that I find unpleasant. I need to find something to layer it with[snip]
    Layer it with Miss Dior, resulting in ... Myth Dior!
    (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

I've voted for Debut, as it's an amazing fragrance. It's my favourite along with Mythique coming in 2nd. My girlfriend uses both of these - NOT ME hehe

Hillaire

Hi all.. I have Mythique and never wear it. I loved it immediately when I sampled it, but I didn't sample thoroughly enough, I guess -- because on my skin it has a very bread-doughy note, that I find unpleasant. I need to find something to layer it with, or sell it. So, I'd recommend sampling before buying!
    I have Eau Illuminee too. It's very fresh and bright and fun -- I'd point out that that it feels more like a masculine scent than the notes suggest, due, I suppose, to the lavender.
    I'd like to get Amoureuse at some point! (trade an Amoureuse for a Mythique, anyone?)
    (I love the name Mythique -- I feel like I have a lithp when I thay it out loud... :-)
    THis is good information. As I abhor that dough accord. Hmmm...
    And I am feeling that COup de Foudre is probably the jewel of this line. Yet it's 20 dollars more! SIGH...

HERE'S a quandry... buy from beautyhabit at 25% off, OR, buy from the delrae website which is offering through July 18 a FREE matching full size body cream with purchase of fragrance... an $85 value... hmmmm....

lol at your Myth Dior quip, PaulSC!!

Hillaire

HERE'S a quandry... buy from beautyhabit at 25% off, OR, buy from the delrae website which is offering through July 18 a FREE matching full size body cream with purchase of fragrance... an $85 value... hmmmm....

lol at your Myth Dior quip, PaulSC!!
    Oh I want the cream!! But what is the shipping charge. At BH it's nothing. Hmmmm...

Gosh, I am going to have to consult a psychic or something. This is getting heavy.

Another vote for Eau Illuminee, this time from a woman (though granted, I also wear men's scents and tend to bring out the sweet notes in monst fragrances)... It's one of my go-to scents for summer. Light and shimmery. Though you may get more "oomph" (and more wear) out of one of the heavier gems in the line. Happy hunting!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Blog Entries

My two favorites are Eau Illuminee (shimmery is a perfect description, ComDiva.) It is a lemony/lavender, so refreshing! and Debut, a true linden which on first wearing made me think of lilies of the valley. It is very green and just sooooo girlie pretty!

Hillaire

Oh, Thanks Kumquat. I do love Debut, such decisions. Whew. I will sample Mythique and Illuminee tomorrow, that ought to help.

So far, IMO Coup de Foudre is the best hands down. Just a gorgeous chypre.

Hillaire

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I have selected Coup de Foudre, and I moreover recommend it to you all. It's elegant. And it's not like another Rose scent out there.

I sampled Mythique and 'Illumine today, and I must report that Mythique is my clear preference.
    I love the way it develops in the old fashioned way, and it's very cool presence. I do get C Rose's "dough" note, though to me, it's more of a grainy smell, yeastless; I get the same note in Parfum Sacre, for example.
    I like Mythique lots, but I had Nicolai's leather chypre Vie de Chateau on today, and it could not rival it, for stamina, class or total perfection, and both are very cool, gender-neutral, sort-of similar-in-breeding, if not style, scents. It made me think,of course; the Nicolai is 70USD for 100ml (only 55 now at Beautyhabit.).

The Eau Illuminee struck me as a bettering of Creed's butter-green aquatic, Scrofula.. um I mean, 'Erolfa', and I could not get over the likeness. The Illuminee is more pleasing, and cheaper, so I'd think it would be a clear choice for anyone interested in Erolfa, who either finds it too pricey or too harsh.

For me, considering the existence of a few absolute BEAUTIES in this green plants and galbanum, lavender-soap genre, like Eau de Campagne for only slightly more money, the Eau Illuminee will be a pass.

Conclusion: Coup de Foudre categorically rules this lovely house. And I also love, in this order: Amoureuse, Debut, Mythique, and Bois de Paradis. But I think I'll probably only buy the Debut after this.