Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Do you wear your CREED frags often?

I have GIT, Bois du Portugal, Baie de Geneviere (sp?), Royal English Leather, and my partner has OV. While I don't wear any of them all that much, I always enjoy them when I do. Lately, I've been wearing BdG the most often. I love BdP, but it is a bit too formal for my lifestyle. However, I should add that it's the only one I bought a back-up bottle of. When I want to wear a leather fragrance, I find myself reaching for either Dzing! or Cuir Ottoman over REL these days. I don't really feel the need to explore Creed any further unless they come out with something amazing and don't charge $280 for it.

I NEVER wear Creed frags. I think they are the most hyped and overrated fragrances one can waste their money one,,Just mho.
    ISO-WTB
    Sample or Partial
    Teo Cabanel-Alahine
    Bois D'Armenie
    Mark Buxton-Wood & Absinthe

My sales thread:

--Bruce Lee
    Jeet Kune Do -"Way of the intercepting fist"

My store- www.AtoZknives.com
    (Knives, sporting & Tactical products GALORE !!)
    Low price LEADER- FAST ship too!

I own full bottles of GIT, OV and SMW. I'll wear one of them once a week usually. This week I have worn both SMW and Aventus (sample vial). Over the last 30 days I have also worn Acier Aluminum, Orange Spice and Citrus Bigarrade, all from samples. I love Creed, but I'm not a habitual wearer. Today I considered OV before I went with Aventus. OV is a better scent.

Quote Originally Posted by mi-hooked? View Post
    I NEVER wear Creed frags. I think they are the most hyped and overrated fragrances one can waste their money one,,Just mho.
    You're a hard man.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Shamu1, just like you i have seven Creeds (shock shock!). I wear them quite often, except for Himalaya (almost finished, so economising) and Millesime Tabarom (on hiatus till i can take the ginger again). Then again, i collect frags apart from wearing them, so i really pay no mind to wearing frequencies.

Welcome to BaseNotes, Ultramagnus!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Default Do you wear your CREED frags often?

I have GIT and MI, and am planning to buy SMW soon. They would always be in my everyday rotation, rather than special occasion fragrances. This isn't because I think they are not special, just that they are easily wearable.

I find myself never getting around to some scents, even though I like them. I always feel like I'm neglecting orther bottles in my collection. There are certain scents I don't wear until the season suits, like L'Instant and Dior Homme.

All my Creeds are summer friendly...why don't I wear them more? The truth is that I rotate scents so much that there is rarely even one bottle I wear on a weekly basis. Terre d'Hermes usually gets worn once a week as it's my fave.

I guess the diversity that a collection provides means that most scents never get used more than weekly at most. I can't see using up any of my current bottles over the next 3-4 years. Even my Kouros which is a 3.3 OZ that is 40% full. I bet that lasts me for the next two years at least!

I own only Green Irish Tweed (30ml) and Royal Delight (75ml). I rarely find myself giving them a full wear, most of the time I just spray a puff on my wrist and enjoy it.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

The wonderful thing about my current only bottle of Creed, Baie de Genievre, is that it's beautiful and confident but surprisingly casual. It's great on days I'm not feeling too satisfied with myself and it's in my bi-weekly category of scent wearing.
    Body Kouros, La Nuit de L'Homme, Fahrenheit and other designer bottles for trade in My Swap Thread

I couldn't agree more. The worst part is their supposed line of celebrity users and past royalty list the helped smell better. So they send a bottle of perfume to the first lady and the pope by mail. Doubtful if it even gets to them. Then Creed states that the perfumes are used by first lady and pope. Ha! Scam. Saddy, this is exactly what appeals to most consumers.

The only real supplier to royalty, celebrity, poets and first ladies that can be vouched for with books and references from the past is Guerlain.
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 15th July 2010 at 08:21 PM.

I have a few Creeds and very much enjoy them all - but for some reason it takes a conscious effort on my part to wear them regularly. I make this effort because I'm afraid if I hang-on to a bottle for 10 years or so it'll go bad before I get to the end of it. I don't worry about that so much with other houses, but with all I've heard about the relatively short shelf-life of Creeds - I consciously wear them often.

you know... almost everyday, the SOTD thread is made up of about 25% people wearing Creed.

there's a reason for that. especially considering their price premium.

now, you might think that they have fooled the majority of fragrance-fanatics here on Basenotes, and that YOU are the enlightened one. but i don't want to be around when you make that argument.

I wear mine several times a month. In fact, every time I read a post bashing Creed, it makes me want to wear them even more often. In my experience, things that are "hyped and overrated" are generally of very high quality...that's what makes them "hyped" or "overrated" in the first place.

And so it goes with Creed....

I'll guess I'll put mine up for sale since mi-hooked and manlyscent don't like them.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 16th July 2010 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    you know... almost everyday, the SOTD thread is made up of about 25% people wearing Creed.
    Well...not "almost everyday" in the last week.

Today: 3 of 84 SotD posts (currently)
    Yesterday: 7 of 94
    Tuesday: 3 of 84
    Monday: 3 of 87
    Sunday: 4 of 77
    Saturday: 2 of 73
    Friday: 10 of 88 (broke into two digits!)

A quarter of SotD thread postings might be a grandeur story, but 32 out of 587 isn't bad.

(I didn't count the Female Fragrances Discussion forum's SotD threads because I hear that there are even fewer of the house's products listed there, and I wanted Creed to make a good showing.)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    A quarter of SotD thread postings might be a grandeur story, but 32 out of 587 isn't bad.
    That's 5.45%. Quite different than 25% by TalkingMuffin.
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 16th July 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent View Post
    Quite right. But I think TalkingMuffin, with his story of grandeur, is telling us we're all royalty.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent View Post
    If you can't appreciate the quality in Creed scents, I feel sorry for you. It's one thing to hate on their image, for you to claim such definitive bias against their scents is sad.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I only tried SMW and was very disappointed, somehow I feel they are over-hyped, especially for the price...I will stick to my tried and true Guerlain for now...