Code of Conduct

Thread: nag champa

Default nag champa

good morning,

I have bought nag champa soap after burning the incense for so long, I wanted to smell like it all day. The soap wears off quickly though. I am familiar with cdg, and have zagrosk and kyoto but those are different incense smells than nag champa. Is there a fragrance that smells like nag champa? Thanks for any help you provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: nag champa

I find No. 88 by Czech and Speake to be reminiscent of nag champa. It's not quite there, but I find it smells better anyway! (It has a very similar incense accord under the rose note).

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with L'aventurier about No.88 and would add that you might also try Etro Sandalo. A similar slightly sweet raw resins accord humming under a lovely sandalwood note.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the smell of Nag Champa too and have tried to find it in fragrances. A skin scent will never smell exactly like a burning incense stick, but there are three that work pretty well for this temple incense kind of scent. Ave Luxe Nag Champa smells like nag champa incense, and so it is named, but has a more animalic base to it that makes it interesting and it also lacks the sharp wood resin notes you smell in most nag champa sticks - especially the older formulas. Dawn Spencer Hurwitz has a scented oil fragrance called Ashram that is about as close to nag champa incense as I've smelled. It is extremely potent and must be used with caution though - I was asked to leave a restaurant one time when wearing this one because the chef was anti fragrance - it is potent! He walked all the way out from back in the kitchen to find who it was that was competing with the scent of his food - asked me to leave! Another one that is a little more niche oriented is Parfumerie Generale's Intragant Patchouli which smells very nag champa like with its blend of sandalwood, indian spices and patchouli - it captures that temple incense feel really well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    ...- I was asked to leave a restaurant one time when wearing this one because the chef was anti fragrance - it is potent! He walked all the way out from back in the kitchen to find who it was that was competing with the scent of his food - asked me to leave!
    This is a great story. A fascinating event--why were we not informed!? (hehehe). I'd love to hear more--the fat chef in poofy balloon topped white hat sniffing through the tables through his fat moustache and everything. All the other patrons turning to stare at the offender--quel faux pas!--and all the stilled forks and knives. Then the part about how you powerfully broke wind just before leaving the dining area and slept with several beautiful women that night who laughed at all your jokes.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Nag Champa. Was just burning it last night actually. Damn you all making me want to buy more scents!

Post Thanks / Like

I read a review, on a different site, for Carlos Santana cologne for men in which the reviewer states that the cologne smells very much like nag champa incense. But I cannot say for sure myself, as I've never smelled nag champa.

Click here & read the 2nd comment down:

http://www.fragrancenet.com/carlos-s...0?cur_letter=C
    Last edited by Bossa Nova; 24th December 2008 at 05:08 PM.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like

The company that makes Nag Champa, Srinivas Sugandhalaya, makes a perfume oil.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    The company that makes Nag Champa, Srinivas Sugandhalaya, makes a perfume oil.
    And I just saw this for the first time the other day! I wonder how true it is to the incense?

I still like Buzzlepuff's story with Chris' nice addition. :-)

Sai Baba makers of the best Nag Champa incense also make a perfume oil which is very long lasting - check on online its very inexpensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    And I just saw this for the first time the other day! I wonder how true it is to the incense?
    It is fairly similar to the smell of the unburnt incense stick itself.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    It is fairly similar to the smell of the unburnt incense stick itself.

Thank you. I almost picked it up untested because it was inexpensive and there were no testers. I will go for it based on your description!

Post Thanks / Like

Fendi Palazzo I always think smells like Nag Champa.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second the 88 recommendations. To my nose it smells like a better version of Nag Champa mixed with roses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Sai Baba makers of the best Nag Champa incense also make a perfume oil which is very long lasting - check on online its very inexpensive.
    They do indeed! I just happened to discover it by accident while attending an art festival in Eureka Sprinks, AR. I'm in love with it. I've been aplying the oil and then spritzing with Caswell-Massey Sandalwood. DAMN! I smell good!

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy Nag Champa perfume oils which smells very similar to the incense.

Here is the whole line of products:
    http://www.nagchampa.com/nagchampaba...FRwpawodWVIh2g

I have bought and enjoyed the soap, but never ventured into the perfume. But for less than $10 I may consider it.
    -Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

I was also going to suggest NC's own perfume oil.
    By the way, is champaka an ingredient in this? I've never smelled CdG's Champaka but is it a similar scent in any way?
    RM

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see the amount of enthusiasm for Nag Champa. A lot of you guys smell a lot like our locals, and I mean that in a good way

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lynn,

The fragrance you should check out is Shamimar, by Guerlain. It has heavy undertones of Nag Champa. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Joop! Homme smells like nag champa with a fair amount of fake ambergris threwn in.